NAUTO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at NAUTO

2.8

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at NAUTO in May 2017.

Interview

Phone call with Recruiter, engineer of team, take home coding challenge and finally an on-site.
    Each person seemed very hesitant until they reviewed the actual code. I prefer real world demonstration instead of knowledge based questions or non-practical problems.

One thing I didn't like was interviewing with an engineer who wasn't part of the company. He bragged about working at Google for many years but at the same time, mentioned how much he hated working there. The other thing that got me was him stating that he's older and knows more than me, kind of putting me down at that point.

Somewhat neutral to the whole process. It was somewhat quick.

Interview Questions

• A few knowledge based questions that you either know or you don't. One of the engineers that interviewed me didn't work for the company and asked me how to solve issues with Vanilla HTML/CSS while being extremely vague about the problem despite asking multiple clarifying questions. The response were too vague as well and not clear throughout.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview was fairly straightforward. Standard whiteboard questions e.g. determine whether a string is a palindrome, hash collisions etc.

However, the team is very disorganized and left me waiting in a conference room for almost half an hour while they tried to find a substitute interviewer for someone who was not available.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NAUTO (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

The interview process went generally well. It all started with a very brief get-to-know-you phone call with the recruiter. Subsequently, a second technical phone screen was scheduled the following week with one of the hiring managers - this involved a live coding session.

I was then invited to an on-site at their PA office. Upon arrival, I was greeted at reception by my recruiter who quickly toured me around the office followed by the interview room.

All interviewers (x5) arrived at their scheduled time asking a range of questions from technical to behavioural.

Lunch was also provided, where you'll get to spend time / chat with your potential manager.

At the conclusion of the interview, I was escorted out by the recruiter. They would get back to me in 48 hours with an offer.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NAUTO.

Interview

ok, faily hard, met a few senior programers, friendly and easy questions, then a junior engineer came in with tough questions, also not giving any time to have further explain. no much fun but overall is ok.

Interview Questions

• all standard questions like what about your exp, any strength,   Answer Question

Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NAUTO (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

As a recruiter, I understand better than anyone when a candidate just does not fit the role, but that doesn't excuse the fact that one of the senior leaders/ interviewer showed up late to her interview, seemed uninterested from the get-go, and asked me one question only. It was as if she couldn't wait to finish and made no offers to answer any questions towards the end of the short time we had.

Not a good candidate experience from an org that is already struggling to hire.

Interview Questions

• "How do you find candidates?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NAUTO (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a great interview process. The recruiter was great in communicating and answering my questions along the way. I had a quick turn around in setting up an onsite interview. The team was very welcoming and made it a comfortable environment to interview. I also had feedback soon after my interview.

Usually the interview process can be stressful and complicated in scheduling. Everything was very easy and quick to take action. Nauto made it a painless task!

Interview Questions

• How would you create a process in a start up where there isn't a process in place?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Interview

The process included a phone interview and onsite interview at their office located in The Playground in Palo Alto. Honestly, I found the experience negative due to the unprofessionalism throughout this process. There was a lack of communication and transparency. The interviews weren't really that difficult however, they asked pretty routine questions about skills, personality and previous experiences.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging project you've ever worked on? How do you keep yourself organized?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NAUTO (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview itself went relatively well in my opinion. Everyone that I interviewed with was very nice and polite and I got a positive experience from every one of them.
    The negative experience came after my interview. They had originally told me they would get back to me by the end of the week. That Friday I didn't hear anything from them, I emailed them on Monday asking about the status of the role, and they responded quite quickly, telling me they would need more time and that they would let me know by the end of the week (again), They still didn't say anything to me that Friday so I decided to reach out to them again on Monday, and they said the same thing to me, At that point, I wasn't expecting much of a response, and again they didn't say anything to me about the role by the end of that week. I gave up on reaching out to them, and was a little disappointed, since the employees I did interview with seemed so nice and professional.
    I definitely understand that employees are busy and need time to figure out who would be the best candidate, but as a job seeker, I appreciate employers who try to give me a timely response, or at least reach out to me first to give me more insight on the role and when I might get a response. I'm sure many people can relate, but even recieving a rejection is better than being strung along and left in the dark. To this day, I still haven't recieved an official rejection from them, even though they told me I was one of their "top choices."
    Overall, the people were great, but there was a lack of organization or professionalism there.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NAUTO in February 2018.

Interview

Highly negative interview experience is the norm at this place.
    After reading Glassdoor reviews, it appears that I escaped an even more unpleasant experience of actually working there.

The first red flag was getting approached by an out-of-town 3rd party recruiter, who asked me to fill out this goofy questionnaire to accompany my resume.
    I was then scheduled for a phone/online coding interview, which mostly covered bit-twiddling hacks (apparently, a heavily represented demographic in SV puts a huge premium of rote memorization of such things).

Afterwards, weeks of silence, including no response from the said recruiter.
    Out of the blue, I get an email from the recruiter requesting an in-person interview.
    I arrange time off of my current job, clearing out most of the day for the interview, as they had me scheduled to spend 5 hours, with 6 people.

An hour (in terms of hours left in the business day) before the scheduled interview, I get an *email* from the recruiter cancelling the interview, with no explanation.

Interview Questions

NAUTO Response

May 21, 2018 – Head of Talent

We're sorry to hear that this was your experience with a third party recruiter. I can assure you that this is definitely not the norm—all of our technical assessments are performed during on-site... More

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NAUTO.

Interview

After initial phone interview, on-site interview consisted of 3 parts, each one hour: Database, Algorithms/coding in language of choice, and systems engineering. Interviews were conducted in timely fashion and all questions were relevant to the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe ways to improve load performance of a large database.

Given a log file consisting of either alphanumeric, alphabetic, or numeric records, sort the file such that the alphanumeric records are in ascending order, but alphabetic and numeric records are in the same position as the original file.

Design an alerting system to detect unusual activity within a large database.   Answer Question