NCC Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NCC Group Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

Security Consultant Interview

Interview

First, there is a one-hour phone interview. Then, you have to go through two online challenges. Finally, onsite interview. It consists of three technical interviews and one non-tech. The process is pretty straightforward.

Accounting Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at NCC Group.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter
    in person interview with Manager
    final interview with manager and CFO
    after a week later received a call with offer but is lower then average company so tried to negotiate but declined.

Interview Questions

• typical question regarding background and related to the position applying   Answer Question

Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NCC Group (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The first round was Web application challenge where the cantdidates are expected to perform pentest and send a report / write up. If selected the candidates go through 2 phone interviews before the offer is extended

Interview Questions

• What is XSS, how will you prevent it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NCC Group (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

The process it's the same that what's one their website. First a phone screening and a technical phone interview. After that you get to do a couple of security challenges (Web application penetration testing and Reverse engineer a protocol) and after that you're invited to go see the team in person for another three interviews (web penetration testing, surface attack analysis and consulting questions).
    The process is straightforward but you will be waiting for answers a lot, having to send several follow up emails until you get a response.
    The worst part of it is when you are going through each phase successfully and after the in person interview they tell you you are not a good fit because you are not experienced enough. Something they already knew from the beginning of the process.
    I feel like I wasted my time and lost other opportunities for following this process.

IT Security Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NCC Group.

Interview

I applied in the online portal and I got a call within a week. A recruiter named Max Burkhardt spoke to regarding the internship and about the company as such. He asked me to take an online test after sending me a book on web application security. I spent a considerable amount of my time on preparing and taking the test. However even after a month, I haven't heard from them and also, they don't have the basic courtesy to reply to the mail at least.

Interview Questions

NCC Group Response

Feb 8, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. Here at NCC Group we pride ourselves on providing full feedback throughout our recruitment process, as candidate experience is something we ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCC Group (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

The hiring process is described on their website. An initial non-technical interview where they tell you about the company and ask broad questions about your resume. After that there is a technical interview and then they send you two questions you have to complete within the week. Finally, they fly you out to where you applied for an in person interview

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NCC Group (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Was asked my experience with in-depth security material. Gave some examples, then they emailed me a book kind of late (wanted to do it sooner). The book is preparation for the next part - which is a USB stick. You go through levels and try to beat them

Interview Questions

• None, it was a various security based challenge questions when they give you a USB stick or something and you have to complete levels (check on their site)   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCC Group (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Initial communication came in the form of a phone interview. Pretty standard, asked questions on my back ground and interests in regards to the position. This was followed by an invitation for a group interview. While in the group interview I was able to meet some of the current employees. Talk about how I would be a good fit for the job position and got to ask questions about the organisations and have employee feedback.

Once the group interview ended I was contacted promptly over the next few days to go for a formal interview with the VP. This was more in detail and went through different aspects of my background and how it would benefit in the job role. If I did any homework on the company, industry and what they do. And certain challenges that might come up and how I would deal with the challenges. Was a professional process and was offered a position with the company. Overall had a good experience and seemed like the place was going places with the office refurbishment.

Acct Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NCC Group (San Francisco, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Recruiter called me and reviewed my background. Company accepted and wanted an in person interview. Really cold feeling from start to finish. Was placed in a conf. room with a few other candidates (which i already knew it was a group interview) Got called to meet with the Sales MGR/Director and the HR rep sat in as well. Kinda strange since she didn't participate.
    Anyways, the Mgr stated that this was going to be very brief as they just wanted to screen people!? Seriously, how is this efficient, screen me on the phone. It IS An INSIDE SALES positions. Either way, they just asked about my background and a few simple questions, I asked a few good ?s and emphasized why I would be a great fit. they gave me the typical, we have other people to meet before we decide BS. I tried to get their buy in and assert the close, but I wasn't getting a good vibe. Even if the job is offered, I don't think I would want to work for this person.

Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NCC Group (Reading, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview was excellent,
    Interviewers were very professional and made me feel very much comfortable. They were friendly. best interview ever I had.
     Usually few interviewers sound so interrogative but both the interviewers were very helpful and interactive not at all interrogative

Interview Questions

• All questions related to my Profession   1 Answer