NCIRE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.7

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NCIRE (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Initially contacted by the hiring manager via telephone for a short phone interview and overview of the position. The second interview phase was an in person interview with a panel of three interviewers. I was contacted two and half weeks later via e-mail and phone by the hiring manager. Then I was contacted by human resources via telephone to formally accept the position.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a challenge you faced in your previous work experience and how did you over come this challenge?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCIRE.

Interview

Initial phone interview - scripted questions, didn't really pay attention to my responses, seemed he wanted to get through phone call quickly. Answered some of the questions for me based on my resume.
    In person interview with senior members of lab - more scripted questions, awkward turn-taking by interviewers, seemed like they were reading questions for the first time. Mostly softball questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one area in this role where you might struggle, given your current level of experience.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCIRE (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

It was straightforward, friendly, and informal. They conducted an initial phone screen, after which I was invited to come in and talk to the PIs and other lab members. The questions were mainly related to things listed on my resume (e.g., clarifications, experience with specific methods, etc.) and about my career interests and future goals.

Interview Questions

• Experience with particular research methods they were interested in using, other general questions to get to know me. Nothing tricky about what they asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation about the starting salary was non-existent. I went through a bit of a negotiation process to find out if there were any opportunities in the not-too-distant future for a raise since the salary was lower than what I was looking for.

I imagine any kind of eventual raise is at the discretion of the PI(s), but I'd encourage applicants to ask and not be afraid of advocating for themselves when it comes to pay.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NCIRE.

Interview

Submitted an online application and was contacted through email within three weeks of my application submission. I was asked to participate in a phone interview the following week. After the phone interview I was told I would be notified a week later about the status of my application. After a week I received and email saying I had been chosen to participate in an in person interview where I would meet six different people from the devision. After the in person interview I was told I would hear back in two weeks. I had not heard anything back after two weeks so I persistently emailed them when finally three weeks later they had came to their decision.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation you have encountered in your previous positions and how you came about solving it.   Answer Question

Staff Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NCIRE (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone and in person interview where I was asked to prepare some marketing collateral for research studies and review web plans. It was not particularly intensive since I had very applicable experience.

SRA1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at NCIRE (San Francisco, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Online app submission followed by phone call from the department of application just the next day. One informational phone session followed by a phone screening half a week later. Then invitation to the first of two interviews. The final interview was to be followed by a computer skills assessment.

Research Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCIRE (San Francisco, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

Hiring and interview process varies by the research lab or other department you work in. Generally, my interview was a group interview, in which the principal investigator and another research associate went through my resume and asked about my experiences. Their questions were based directly on bullet points in my resume that they were interested in -- there were no surprises.

Interview Questions

• From the previous summary given above, the interview was straightforward with little surprise. If there was something they were particularly interested in, they just asked about it in more detail.   Answer Question