NNG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NNG Interview Questions

Interviews at NNG

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at NNG in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was all done remotely. The first interview was mainly to get to know me with a mix of behavioral and background questions. The follow up interview is the Technical interview with the NNG's Director of Software Engineering.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NNG (Budapest (Hungary)) in November 2016.

Interview

3 round interview
    - phone interview, - I still remember it because I was on the train and I needed to speak english but I managed it.
     - one programing (roman number translator)
    - technical interview with hr round

Interview Questions

• You record a chess match, how much memory you need.   1 Answer
    • You are in the middle of the 2D coordinate system. A thief attack you and get away from you with v(x1,y1) speed every round where x1 and y1 are fix whole numbers but you do not know them. You can tip every round where he is but he will move every round v more, if your tip is right you won. Could you tell a strategy to tell for sure any v where is the thief.   1 Answer
    • Two marslander land on mars (1d mars, so a line), where they land will leave a flag. The two marslander need to find each other, but you can only write with the following four commands:
      STEP R|L - step right/left
      FLAG - if the marslander on the flag it will do what is in the next line - if it is not it will skip it.
      GO TO n - steps in the n-th line of the code   1 Answer

Junior Software Developer Interview

Interview

They introduced the company in a detailed way, maybe too much details, HR was too talkative, didn't ask just talked.
    Technical questions included:
    Small logical puzzle to develop an algorithm, coding on paper, some basic algorithm theory.

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NNG (Budapest (Hungary)) in April 2016.

Interview

First i had to write a test (two hours), than there was an interview with managers (one hour). I also had to do a home excercise (i had to make a simple application).

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NNG (Budapest (Hungary)) in February 2013.

Interview

Test: it contains 5 exercises all of the were programming (bug finding, optimization, code writing)
    Interview: we went through the test. I had to solve an optimization problem about "how to store a chess game"
    Program writing: I had to write a small program about encoding/decoding roman numbers

Interview Questions

• The asked about a chess game: how can I store the movements   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NNG (Budapest (Hungary)) in July 2017.

Interview

The first part is the advanced test, some basic questions in paper about C++ language.
    Second part is the personal interview, and the last part is a programming test in the computer.

Interview Questions

• What is the error in a program, what is the output, binary tree   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NNG (Budapest (Hungary)) in November 2016.

Interview

After giving my CV, they called me within days and did a telephone interview. It took around 30-40 min. This was the first round. We agreed within an email-based questionare date.
    I got in email a questionare and had to sent back within an hour. Logical and technical tasks. I was able to use anything. This was the second round.
    The third round was personal where I met my team leader, business unit leader and so on. Everybody got a copy from my questionare and we talked about the answers. Than personal questions and plans.
    They called me later about the outcome.

Interview Questions

• They asked me:
      A river stay at the boarder of two different countries. If a rooster egg going down on this river which country owns the egg?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NNG (Budapest (Hungary)) in January 2015.

Interview

2 round, the first one was an interview by HR + Technichal skills
    second round : write a program, you just got a laptop and you just had to complete a half - finished code.

Interview Questions

• Some C++ codes, whats wrong with it, copy constructors, inheritances..
      average stuff   Answer Question

C++ Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NNG.

Interview

I took part only on the first interview, at an HR office. There were 4 problems which I had to solve on paper in 60 minutes. The first one was a "what is the output" like question, the second one was a basic what does the code and how could be rewritten to work faster. THe last two were easy problem solving, like find the deepest element in a binary search tree.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NNG (Budapest (Hungary)).

Interview

The process consists of multiple rounds. The first round was a test with four small questions. One was to write a code snippet related to a binary tree, there was a 'what is the output and why' type of question mixed with bugfixing, another question was about sorting algorithms, and there was another code snippet writing in the topic of number systems.
    The second round was an in-place interview with team leaders, the main topic was about the first round's test.