NY Daily News Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at NY Daily News

2.7

Photo Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NY Daily News (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

One interview with the Senior Photo Editor. Spoke about the company and what they expected from me. Very approachable and laid back culture. Definitely go in knowing about the company and what they do. Had to take an edit test that asked me to assign photos to stories and create homepage art for the website.

Interview Questions

• Questions about past photo experience, photo skills, editorial judgement.   1 Answer

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at NY Daily News (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Easy interview. Very casual, talked a little bit about my experience and what was needed from the interviewer. Entire process took about 7-10 days. I was offered job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have ? What is your efficiency level?   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NY Daily News.

Interview

Interview and hiring process was very quick. I got to meet the whole team in my interview which was nice, and was quickly given an offer by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• Not that it was a problem for me, but the Daily News makes all new employees take a drug test. Just a word of warning!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not the most competitive salary in the world, but that is to be expected with publishing these days.

Fashion Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NY Daily News (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Easy and Quick. Sat at the office lobby area, talked through previous experience and touched upon what you would be doing as an intern. The interviewer showed some examples of what you are expected to do.

Sales Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NY Daily News in February 2019.

Interview

I spoke with HR over the phone. In my opinion, it was a good conversation. We spoke briefly about he position, what it entails and what next steps would be. However, when it came to scheduling an in person interview with the manager, the HR rep completely ghosted me. Stopped responding to my emails and all. I followed up via email, but never heard from him again.

Video Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NY Daily News (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Emailed me asking me to come in for an interview the next week. When I arrived the people at the front desk seemed confused and I waited for about 15 minutes until the HR person came, after which I waited another 10 minutes. Finally I was interviewed, which was pretty straightforward. It's been two months and I haven't heard back from them, which I think is quite rude, but I assume I didn't get the job.

Digital Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NY Daily News (New York, NY).

Interview

One first interview and then a test. Meeting with the three managers. A couple of questions about SEO and the position. Later a second interview, with one manager, and the test.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NY Daily News (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy to arrange, seemed to have an air of both myself and them figuring out what the job was really going to be. Very friendly staff, clearly a busy and budget-strapped team that needed one person to fill multiple roles.

Interview Questions

• How have you worked with outside vendors before? What worked well and what didn't?   Answer Question

Copy Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NY Daily News (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by the person who would be my boss. He was straight forward, as you'd expect from a journalist, and didn't play any games. It also gave me the chance to see if he was someone I'd like to work for. He's a good guy. He had me try out on the desk a few nights--paid--and then hired me.

Interview Questions

• The worst mistake I ever made in a newsroom.   1 Answer

Interactive Graphic Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at NY Daily News (Woodland Hills, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

Met the VP of Advertising at a Job Fair, asked if I would come in for an interview, had me do a skills test, then called me a few days later and I was hired.

Interview Questions

• How well and how quickly do you work under pressure in a fast environment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very firm. Go in knowing what you want.