NY SEFCU Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NY SEFCU Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.8

Member Solutions Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NY SEFCU in August 2016.

Interview

Offered an end of the world and asked group interviewees to strategize. There was a group of close to 20 people. It appeared that they have high turn-over since they wanted to interview such a large group and seemed to do it regularly.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing you are most proud of doing in your life?   1 Answer

Solution Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NY SEFCU in April 2016.

Interview

It was first a quick phone interview. The typical questions. Then they do a group interview, 6 prospective employees to 5 managers and you rotate through them. Then an ice breaker team challenge. Very good process very laid back.

Interview Questions

• where would you see your self 5 years from now and is this where you thought you would be 5 years ago.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations they make an offer is all.

Branch Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NY SEFCU.

Interview

The process started with an online application, then an phone interview. After the phone interview, I was part of a group interview, followed by a one-on-one interview. Overall lengthy process.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NY SEFCU (Albany, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very long and thorough, there's also extensive training that doesn't even cover the entirety of the job. It can become very stressful some days, especially at smaller branches when you depend on everyone to show up and be punctual.

Member Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NY SEFCU.

Interview

Phone interview followed by group interview. Pretty simple to get a job here, just takes some time for them to put together a large enough training class. They are particularly looking for service minded people, so think of a ridiculous answer to how you went above and beyond. Single interview right after group, job offer made.

Member Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NY SEFCU (Buffalo, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

This was about the most uncomportable phone interview I have had. The girl was obviously reading from a script and just entering my answers back into her computer, and had no clue. It became obvious almost immediately i was overqualified for the job and my responses were simply confusing her, so she was trying to get me to water them down. The usual "give me an example of a time when" type questions, but I felt like I was speaking to a child who doing a middle school interview project.
    My overall feeling was this is a rinky-dink little company trying to act like they are bigger/better that they really are.

Interview Questions

• name a time when you had to go above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NY SEFCU (Albany, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

First had a phone interview with an HR assistant which was more informational. Then attended a group interview where they assess your ability to interact with other people. From there had a 1:1 interview with the District Manager, who asked many of the typical interview questions, i.e. where do see yourself in 5 years, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Member Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NY SEFCU in May 2011.

Interview

I've been through the phone interview and the group interview so far. Both were experience type questions. For example: Tell me a time when you had to say no to a customer? What does good customer service mean to you?...They are very nice and it isn't a high pressure interview

Interview Questions

• have you ever had a conflict with a past or current co-worker.   Answer Question