Nanigans Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Nanigans

2.8

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nanigans (Boston, MA).

Interview

Three phone interviews and two in-person interviews plus about 7 hours of programming exercises. The in person interviews will be 4 - 5 hours each and you are not informed that you are being watched remotely, which is illegal. You will present in front of about 12 people, 10 of whom serve no purpose and sit silently to be token women and minorities in a room full of cookie cutter computer science majors who have no idea what data science really is.

Interview Questions

• They will show you a formula which could be part of many statistics and expect you to state with authority that it is a logistic regression, when it is not actually the logistic regression equation, it is a part of it....   1 Answer

Regional Vice President of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nanigans (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

The process consisted of an initial hour long meeting with the VP of Sales. I then met with a representative down in NYC. I then met with the CRO and 4-5 additional people from sales, account management, and product. Friendly environment with knowledgeable people. I was a bit disappointed with the follow up. I invested 6 or 7 hours of interviewing including taking time out of a trip to NYC to meet there too. They were responsive during the 2-3 weeks followed by utter silence.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about my experience leading a sales team and experience selling a SaaS product.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nanigans.

Interview

The process involved interviewing with about 4 to 5 people. The people list included hiring manager, CTO, and other software developers. The hiring manager/CTO interviews included behavioral questions. Software engineers asked coding problems which varied from knowledge based MySQL questions to basic data structure and algorithms problems. Overall it wasn't a difficult interview process

Interview Questions

• given an int array of n integers, return the k smallest integers   1 Answer

QA Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nanigans.

Interview

Easy, in person. Minimal phone screening. Great manager with friendly personality. Approachable and gregarious. HR contact, Recruiter discussion, phone screen, one or two round interview process.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Nanigans.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 2 in-person interviews in the office. Each interview session was about 3 hours of various meetings with 4-5 current team members, including the SVP of Operations, Team Leads, Managers, and other Account Managers.

Interview Questions

• I was required to put together a presentation or bring a piece of collateral from my last position. This was a bit difficult, as it is sometimes impossible to get a hold of reporting materials from a past company. Even if the materials can be acquired, I had to be very careful to maintain anonymity of past clients and colleagues.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate, but it took a long time to hear back from HR. When an email was sent it often took a week or more to hear back.

Manager of Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nanigans (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. I initially had a call over the phone and gathered information about the position. I definitely had to do my research before heading in to interview, so I read up on Facebook Exchange, Social and Mobile Advertising, etc. The interview was an entire day for me, which was great. I always think it is good to get a feel for who a company is by going in to interview with as many people as possible. I met with the COO, CFO, Director of Talent Acquisition, Director of Campaign management, Sr. VP of Analytics, and Sr. VP of Engineering. These people are all very high level, so the level of questions were of high quality, and I appreciated that.

Interview Questions

• My most difficult question/objection to overcome was my lack of experience in the area of AdTech.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty typical of most places. They offer pretty good packages, and look at market value, experience, etc. when putting together the offers. I was pleased.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nanigans (Boston, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

Had a brief phone screen with the Director of the Data Services team. Asked some questions about database and engineering. Nothing too crazy. Was brought in for an in-person interview, schedule for three hours. I spoke with four people, and each person covered off on one topic: software engineering/algorithms, my experiences, object oriented designs, and database design. Some good questions that made me actually think. Plenty of code-on-board stuff. Received an offer the following day.

Interview Questions

• It was a logic question about how to determine the right move to make in a bidding game. Required coming up with a design and then implementing in psuedocode.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated for more equity. I went through a recruiter which made that a lot easier.

Ad Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Nanigans (Boston, MA) in September 2011.

Interview

Don't let the title fool you, you will not be a manager if you apply for the position. It means that you will be managing many clients. Overall, the product is impressive and well built and the company is really interesting but not for me.

Onto the interview. I was contacted via email to schedule an interview in the office. I met with 3 people, the 2 VP of Operations and one Ad Ops Manager. Immediately I was put off with all of their opening lines "You will be in the office until at least 7pm, often times much later." I learned this from all 3 people I met, even before I found out who they were. They talk about how much work the job is as if no one has ever had a job where there is so much work that it can be unmanageable at times and that they hired some people that they shouldn't have because they weren't expecting this much work. I came from a job where I did literally everything for this same position and managed my own clients, calls, analytics etc, in a start up.

Anyway, no one really asked any questions and I kinda felt like I was wasting my time sitting there, trying to figure out why no one knows how to manage their time well enough to be able to leave at a normal time. I found out that because people stay so late, they might come in later. If you come in at 8am you are still expected to leave not before 7pm, so potentially you could be working more hours than someone who comes in around 10am, no respect for people who have different time needs.

Overall, the vibe was not what I was looking for and they seem to want people just out of school who don't know any better. Overall though, the company was great and the people I met with were great, so if this is your style go for it.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nanigans (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2019.

Interview

First round they said 2 fill 3 to 4 page abt our childhood subjects and our skills ......they said me 2 written recent movie want I watch for 20mins thn coding ....4 types of questions they asked we want 2 code 3 questions ......basic pattern and reverse string program they asked.....after 3 days I got msg to attend face 2 face interview

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nanigans.

Interview

Took 3 phone interviews and 1 office interview. The entire process took more than a month. They wanted me to solve a task after the second interview. It's been about 3~4 weeks since I had the last interview with the regional head and I've heard nothing from them. No feedback at all. They could at least send a short notice about the result by e-mail but they didn't, which to me seemed very disrespectful.