Nanosys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2016

2.4

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nanosys (New York, NY).

Interview

1 hour interview with 3 different people who brought in a pre-questioned sheet and read the questions directly to me and wrote down my response. I was then given a brief tour of the lab and was rudely told not to disturb the employees or touch anything as if the candidate are kids. I was repeatedly told that "If we decide to hire you, we can go in detail regarding the process". After less than a week, I was given the job offer but there was no attempt to actually bring the contractors to speed. We were just there to do manual labor, work on hazardous material to make sure shipments were made.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Quantum Dots and do you know how to use a Schlenk line?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nanosys (Milpitas, CA).

Interview

First, a phone interview with the Director of the group. We hit it off and the interview ran long. Then I interviewed on site with a manager, 3 technical people, the director and his VP. The 2 junior people weren't experienced in interviewing, so it was easy for me, and we enjoyed talking about the work environment. The senior technical person and manager did a decent job of probing my experience and how I approached both technical and professional relationship problems. The director was enthusiastic, very bright, very interesting to talk with, and very positive about me. He seemed like a great guy to work for. My time with the VP was a waste. He was disinterested and seemed to have no idea how to interview. I thought he wasn't making an effort because he already decided he didn't want me, and that he would block an offer. I was surprised he didn't cut the interview short. I was completely wrong about the VP, he was just incompetent.

Interview Questions

• 1) What's your greatest weakness?
      2) Describe a non-technical problem in a previous job and how you solved it.
      Answer Question

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nanosys (Milpitas, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by two people. One was a lead and the other was a supervisor. Generally it was simple. Questions asked about general experience. Short tour of the lab was conducted.

Production Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Nanosys (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Was called for phone interview and an in person interview quickly, Interviewed by three people, one person at a time. Was asked basic interview question such as what kind of boss are you looking for, how to deal with mistakes, and strengths/weaknesses. The interviewers were easy to talk to. After the in person interview, it the actual hiring process took weeks.

Chemical Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nanosys (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Interviewed once with 3 people (supervisors), one at a time. They asked standard interview questions and were really easy to speak with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that you think no one else could say about himself/herself.   Answer Question