National American University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National American University Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.8

Campus Librarian Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National American University.

Interview

First phone interviewed by an actual librarian who was in SD. Final interview was with Campus Directors. They asked mostly questions about how I would keep students going to school. Didn't realize at the time the school sees students in terms of dollar signs Should have read between the lines

Interview Questions

• Honestly, I don't remember. I do remember being shown the Salesforce software features. Again, recruiting bodies is what it's all about   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National American University (Bloomington, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

Received an email from the Director of enrollment and completion saying he wanted to set a phone interview with me. I answered with a time and date for the next day. I never heard back for him so I sent an email asking if he wanted to reschedule and I haven't gotten an answer back yet.

Campus Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National American University.

Interview

The interview did not seem fair. It seemed as if they were just going through the motions or process. It seemed as if they already had somebody else in mind and truly did not listen to the answers to my questions and did not answer my post interview questions with sincerity or openness.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you have recently handled conflict in the workplace.   Answer Question

Senior Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National American University (Allen, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

NAU is a scam university. All they care about is enrolling students and money. It's a boiler room, diploma mill school. The admissions interview was a group interview with 10 other candidates. They had us interview a candidate and tell everything about him/her in front on the class. They also had us do other activities to see how outgoing and imaginative we were. They only offer a base salary and no commissions. That's a joke for a sales position. Would you like to sell cars and only be paid by the hour and not for every unit you sold?

It's a scam.

Inside Sales Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rapid City, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at National American University (Rapid City, SD).

Interview

1st interview: Narrate the design process of a project for a panel over the phone.
    2nd interview: In-person panel interview, a 1 on 1 interview, and a dinner interview.

The interviews were very spaced out. I was told that I would be getting information about next steps within days, but it has been radio silence until I poked and prodded a response from them. I actually had to cancel a family trip because of their unwillingness to be prompt with responses. After giving them enough time after their self-imposed deadline, I assumed that I didn't get it.

Interview Questions

• What design methodologies do you use or favor in your modules?   Answer Question

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National American University.

Interview

The application was detailed and submitted online along with my resume and unofficial transcripts. The call for an interview came much later than when I sent in my application. It started with a phone interview followed by in-person interview. Went back a few days later for "final" interview which ended up being where I signed my adjunct contract.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National American University (Colorado Springs, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

I went to one interview with the department director. The other reviews for this job were exactly what I experienced- The job is nothing like the description. It is straight-up sales with 100 dials expected a day. It sounds like they get their list of names to call much the same way telemarketers do, so the likelihood of getting these people to enroll is slim. It's performance based, so if you don't meet quota, they will fire you. Not a job I'm interested in.

Enrollment and Completion Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National American University.

Interview

This position is the same as a admissions advisor. Went through 3 interviews! First with the Director of Admissions, then regional trainer, then a different director of Admissions. May not be typical, I was shocked by how many interviews I had with the numerous opening for the position. They stress sales in the interviews and also they ask you about how you can handle doing the same repetitive duties all over.They ask you about random things, whats your favorite color, how would you sell a pen, why do you want the position, how do you overcome challenges. They can come off unprofessional by rescheduling interview times.
    I had a balanced outlook, the only thing that really made me feel like the position was not for me is the culture of the school, they seem to really push getting students and cared more for that than students' success. Also the repetitive rescheduling of interview dates was VERY unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Whats your favorite color? why do you want this position? what is your strongest asset that you would bring? Tell me a time you've overcome adversity. Are you comfortable with speaking aggressive to students? How would you deal with students not meeting deadlines?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National American University (Lewisville, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The first half was a group interview. None of the group except one person knew it was a group interview, and we were all kind of surprised to learn that we weren't advised of this in the first place. Then we found out that we were interviewing for the role of "admissions counselor" instead of what the job description advertised for (it was more of an academic advisor role than admissions counselor role). When you sign up to work in education, you expect to help people. This is straight up a sales position. We sat through a presentation that went over the job expectations and what the organization was about. Most schools are nonprofits, but not NAU. NAU is a FOR PROFIT organization that pawns itself off as a community college. The job expectations and descriptions were totally different than was presented online. After the presentation, they give you a list of questions and allow you two minutes to come up with a 60 second "commercial" about yourself. They also give you the opportunity to peace out if you feel as though the position is not for you. I didn't stick around for the "commercial" part. Another girl and I left after the break.

I really felt like the company was disingenuous and not forthcoming with its potential employees. Both of the people giving the presentation and conducting the interview process were very personable and very gracious, but I don't want to work for a company that isn't transparent like that.

So I'll probably stay unemployed forever. 'Murica.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National American University (Overland Park, KS) in February 2015.

Interview

3 interviews first was group with the person. I was up against seconditions was with same.people but one on one and they both asked the same questions third was with the regional VPN but the job was really not what was advertised so I did not go to the third interview

Interview Questions

• Basic interview question what would you do type scenarios   1 Answer