National Beverage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Beverage Interview Questions

2.5

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National Beverage (Hayward, CA).

Interview

Explain what will expected on this position. and working directly with the director.

This office is pretty 80's. Not much employee are working in the same building. there are not much people can interactive in the office.

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Beverage.

Interview

Telephone interviews, with the intent of doing an in person interview should I become one of the final candidates (which unfortunately I was not). The people I spoke with were gracious and interested and candid about the opportunity. I knew going in, based on all of the press about the company and its management that the role would be both a fabulous opportunity as well as a substantial challenge as the company has long standing practices that should be updated - which I would have enjoyed and welcomed as I have significant experience in this regard. Great people. I wish them all well and much future success.

Interview Questions

• How would I overcome lack of specific industry experience?   Answer Question

Wishing to Keep This High Level So I'll Call IT Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at National Beverage (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

After several phone interviews, I was called for an in-person on site interview. I was told it would be for approx. 3 hours, I set aside the time despite a number of commitments, and after an initial interview with the hiring Manager...I was asked to come back the next day since most of everyone I was supposed to speak with had commitments.
    I came back the next day, taking time off from my schedule, and spoke with everyone that was involved in the hiring process for this position.
    Came away looking fairly optimistic in terms of an offer. After a follow up email on my behalf, I didn't hear from anyone over the next four weeks...when another offer came along...I sent an email to the Company recruiter in the beginning portion of the 4th week, indicating I had another offer, however, my preference would be National Beverage, and was wondering what was going on in the hiring process. I rcvd an email from the recruiter asking me to defer my decision until the tail end of the week, and they would get back to me. 10 days goes by...and still nothing, so I took the other offer.
    I have no issues with Companies choosing another candidate, however, when I take the time for a series of interviews, I think the most fundamental courtesy is to respond back timely with thanks but no thanks. I'm a big boy...and I can take rejection...but this was as unprofessional of a process as I've seen, and a poor reflection on this organization.

Interview Questions

• Generic high level questions that were not probing...i.e. reviewing my background and experience. No degree of difficulty...   1 Answer

Senior Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at National Beverage (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

Never ending series of meetings. Process was not in good faith and was misleading. Senior management are all C- players including Joe Caporella who seemed to be a bit mentally challenged. Clear Joe is there only because he is the CEO Nick Caporella's son, not even close to a real public company CEO. This was the worst process I have ever been a part of.

Interview Questions

• Interview meetings were bizarre with everyone talking about how great the almighty CEO Nick is. All of the executives, C- players, have been there forever with no stock compensation and I am guessing they will all get screwed when then company gets sold based on the dishonesty I delt with. I wouldn't trust them. Clear based on interview questions that the culture is a non-trusting and controlling one and no one can make a decision except CEO Nick who never comes into the office. Everyone waits around for Nick to show up to make a decision. My guess is that there is no creativity at the senior management team level except for Nick. Don't waist your time with this company.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Beverage (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Consisted of phone interview, with a follow up in person interview with Plant Manager. Received conditional offer of employment.

Bad: The positioned offered was lowered than the positioned interviewd for, the salary was less than previously discussed. It was a simply a bait and switch.

Need to define what you exaclty looking for before wasting the time of applicants.

Interview Questions

• What are some strong points you bring to the organization?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Beverage (Miami, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Long, redundant, and very unprofessional. You interview with people who couldn't walk and chew gum. Questions were low level and dragged out. People tell you how old and unprofessional the company is. How they need knew ideas and they need a better direction but the CEO is old school and doesn't operate in today and the President is there only because of his name. People get promoted because of being family - no one really cares about success and they tell you how being #5 or #6 is ok.

Interview Questions

• Tell us everything you would do to help us improve, knowing nothing will ever get approved because our company is very "old school" and we still sign paper everything-   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Beverage (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Phone interview with an HR Mgr that works for Faygo, a subsidiary. Individual follow up interviews with the Plant Mgr, Production Mgr, Quality Mgr, Warehouse Mgr and Maintenance Mgr. Be prepared to stay there for a few hours. Basic STAR interview. They make the place sound great.

Interview Questions

• Study the STAR interview and there are all of the questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated vacation time and started with two weeks, which is what all Production Supervisors get but they don't tell you that when you negotiate.

Quality Control Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at National Beverage (Lenexa, KS) in October 2012.

Interview

They do not interview at the Lenexa location unless it is for management. Everyone must go through a temp agency. In fact I had a friend come in because they needed to fill a position, they had him quite his job and go through a temp agency which to me is to much of a risk if they won't hire straight on or atleast to a probationary period. He was hired on after 4 months. However I do know people that have been there for over a year and a half and are still temps. The whole second line they keep temps so if production goes down they can get rid of them with no consequences

Interview Questions

• We need you to work through a temp agency before we will hire you on. This is the number go there and tell them I sent you. Ok?   1 Answer

Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National Beverage (Plantation, FL) in July 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with multiple people at the company. HR person was very professional and courteous. Actually, everyone at the company was very professional. I was very up front with the HR person provided my salary history and I did not ask about salary range assuming they would at least match what I am making now. When offered the position, the salary was 10% lower than my current salary. Was very disappointed since I told her previously my current salary. Bottom line, I declined. Lesson learned, ask about the salary range of the position before investing time interviewing.

When offered the position, the salary was 10% lower than my current salary.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at National Beverage (Plantation, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by an HR person. She was extremely nice. It was more like a conversation. She did not drill me with the basic interview questions. She did ask me alot about my past positions and my skills in excel and powerpoint. She talked a lot herself so that really did not give me a chance to really sell myself that much.