National Church Residences Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 28, 2018

2.3

STNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chillicothe, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Church Residences (Chillicothe, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Process my application online and then a week later i had a call to come in for a interview i sat down with don and unit manager asked basic nursing assistant questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your strongest skill?   1 Answer

STNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waverly, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at National Church Residences (Waverly, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

It was quite an experience I hadn't worked in ten years due to staying home to the enjoyment of staying home to be a mother. So I over thought the process causing the feelings being of nervous was fierce. On the day of my interview it was smooth the two ladies were exceptionally nice and made me feel comfortable. Hired on the spot!! I believe if your heart is in being an aide you'll find no better management.

Interview Questions

• Something positive I expect to gain from this job experience   1 Answer

Chaplain Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at National Church Residences.

Interview

The process took an absurd amount of time. There was months between contacts and disjointed thought process between staff and others. Finally, make it to the final interview where its narrowed down to four people and told and a personal answer would be given with two weeks. However, it was almost a month later and the answer came in the form of a letter. This a great company and the people involved in the interview process were outstanding. However the delays in notification and communication were very slow and frustrating. Although I did not receive the position, I know the company chose the best person to fit their needs. The interview questions were well developed and inquisitive.

Interview Questions

• Would I live on the campus?   1 Answer

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Church Residences (Columbus, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

It was a brief and pleasant experience. I was given a tour of the company, introduced to all the staff. I was given a brief history of the company and I was asked about myself, my nursing experience.

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Arlington, OH

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at National Church Residences (Upper Arlington, OH) in July 2011.

Interview

When I first walked in I was not impressed by the professionalism. The staff was dressed informal all three office visits I had and the office furniture was shabby in the waiting areas. The interviews were easy with standard interview questions. The interviewers were very friendly and enthusiastic. They had been very persistent with follow-up calls and emails which seemed like a good sign. However, after a 4th interview the head of HR told me a date they would be making the decision and that I would be informed either way. I was never contacted and my follow-up attempts were continuously ignored. After a 4th interview I would expect at least a rejection email or some common courtesy after going through 1 phone interview and 3 office interviews.

Activity Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Church Residences (Cuyahoga Falls, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with their recruiting specialist. I had to take an online personality test. I then had two interviews with their Life Enrichment Coordinator. I was told I would be notified one way or another if I was going to be offered the job. It has been over a week and I still haven't heard anything.

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at National Church Residences (Columbus, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

Short and simple, basic questions asked! Got sense interviewer wasn't qualified for their job! Easiest interview I've had in 38 years of working! As soon as interview was over, job was offered.

Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I interviewed at National Church Residences (Kennesaw, GA) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied on line just by sending a resume. I never completed an application. I had a telephone interview and then and online computer assessment. The assessment, which I did pass, consisted of 35 questions. Many of them were about the parts of a computer and storage media devices which I thought was strange because it was suppose to be an assessment of Word, Outlook and Excel. I was then sent to their clients, two property managers that had no clue as how to conduct an interview. The candidates were not fairly vetted.

Interview Questions

• All the questions from beginning to end end were standard: Tell me about yourself. What are you a good fit for the position, What are your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Church Residences (Columbus, OH) in March 2009.

Interview

After responding to ad or post for employment , expect a delay in response so patience is required, keep sending your interest. Initial phone interview telling a bit about yourself and your past experience and why you are interested in the position. Pretty standard and relaxed phone conversation depending on the manager. Computer literacy test will be the next step and is pretty standard and basic knowledge of word, excel, etc. Interview at individual site where the position is and with the director of that location. Mine was relaxed and informative and not at all like a "normal" interview. Expect a wait after this interview again dependant on the NCR management, mine took about 3 weeks to hear the results and be offered a position. If offered a position another wait while mandatory drug test is recieved and results reported. From interview to hire notice about a month and half. Add another month from interest in position and inital sending of your resume. Long process but worth it if hired. There will be a half day training and mine was totally irrelevant to my site. Dress for interview at site should be informal business.

Interview Questions

• None, all expected or standard why do you want to work for National Church and what are your strongest assets you would bring to the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is a not for profit company and salary is based on grants and budgets of individual sites so there isn't realy a negotiation phase.

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National Church Residences.

Interview

Got called by one Senior Service Coordinator and then interviewed with the manager of the location, who told me I had the job and then had to back-track with the Senior RM told her she could not offer it to me without permission. Changed compensation on me from the manager to the Senior RM's offer.

Negotiation

No negotiation, they tell you what they are going to pay and you have to take it