National Marrow Donor Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 31, 2017

3.1

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Marrow Donor Program (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

First interview with HR followed by the second technical one
    The first interview 30 min was not technical, just general review who I am.
    Next interview is 2 hours face to face with NMDP team

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Marrow Donor Program (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Phone interview with HR followed by two in-person interviews. The first with the department manager and then the second with the manager and a few of the senior clinical research associates.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions in this interview. It was pretty standard. Asked about previous experience, strengths and weaknesses. A questions was asked regarding whether or not traveling was an enjoyable experience and also where I've traveled to (international places including) since travel is a huge part of the position.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Marrow Donor Program (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

This was a consulting position that could possibly be converted to FTE.
    Spanish inquisition style interview. They said it saves time for the interviewee.
    Several people yet to interview so no determination for a couple of weeks

Interview Questions

• Overview my background in general.
      What in my background do I think is applicable.
      Generally it was more of a chat
      Then it was my turn to ask questions which is where I got more information than I gave
      1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at National Marrow Donor Program.

Interview

Highly formulaic. Significant amount of time between interview and return call. HR seemed to come across as a major hold up to making a decision. Upon receiving the offer I had another interview scheduled the next day. The HR rep I spoke to was not pleased when I asked for a few days to consider my decision. This was somewhat off-putting.

Adult Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Marrow Donor Program (Santa Ana, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The first part of the interview was a telephone interview. then I was contacted to do an in person interview that was an initial panel interview that later included employees I would have managed

Interview Questions

• What is my management style   1 Answer

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Marrow Donor Program in October 2014.

Interview

very seamless and friendly HR staff. Applied for position and the following week received a phone interview. The week after a face-to-face interview, and about 2 weeks after that I received an offer. Interview took around 30min.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember specific questions but they interview using a set of behavioral questions such as "tell me a time when you...". you need to have examples for when you were proactive and when you worked well if other, and when you had a conflict but fixed it. The questions are off general HR hiring form. I think they must ask all candidates the same questions regardless of field - they were sort of generic.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me more than what I expected so I said yes early, but general rule... go up 10%.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Marrow Donor Program.

Interview

I had a phone interview thanks to a recruiting firm, however the interviewer called late. She did offer to reschedule, but I declined. She also put me on hold for at least 5 minutes due to another applicant calling in. Horrible interview.

Interview Questions

• Just the generic questions of "tell me a situation where you had a conflict with your co-worker or boss."   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Marrow Donor Program.

Interview

I went through two interviews. One was a phone screen with the recruiter. The next was with the hiring manager at the center. The hiring manager let me know they would get back to me in a week, but the next day the recruiter called me to give me an offer. No real room for negotiations. Interview questions were pretty basic. Tell me about a time you had to deal with difficult person and how did you handle the situation.

Interview Questions

• Review you resume because most likely you will be asked how your experience can contribute to the role you applied too.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National Marrow Donor Program (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2012.

Interview

There is a phone screen which isn't so bad hr is actually OK. Do not work for Mary de foe David Allen is a good person to work for expect around four ppl to interview you and negotiate your salary well,make it clear what they want from you're what your expectation are as they changed it for me later and I remained unaware and underpaid . Do your research of their organization structure as you may be very well be made lead as soon as you're hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very simple but I wasn't given what I asked . They undercut me by. 3k. Get at least 72000

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Marrow Donor Program (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2012.

Interview

The NMDP uses "behavior-based" interview questions. It's normal to interview with more than one person in the room - for example, an HR rep, the hiring manager, and a team lead or co-worker. The people interviewing will have been given a multi-page sheet of sample questions, which they read off in turn. Questions will typically be multi-part questions. An example: Tell us about a time when you did (blank). (Maybe, managed a project from start to finish; or maybe, had a disagreement with a colleague.) The main question will be followed by more specifics: What was the situation? Who did you talk to? What was the end result? These types of interview questions rely on the principle that past behavior on the job is is the best predictor of future behavior. Try to be specific in your answers. Even if it's something that happens all the time, you'll be asked to pick one illustrative example to talk about. Don't get hung up on answering all the multiple parts, in order. The questions are not meant to be a memory test - they are meant to get you talking about yourself and your approach to your work. Be honest in your answers. If you, for example, tend to avoid conflict or smooth over awkward situations, that's real for you. If, however, you normally face a conflict head-on, then let them know that. Maybe they're looking for a "smoother," or maybe they're looking for "honesty," but either way, if you're not yourself, then both you and the NMDP will be unhappy with the hire decision.

Interview Questions

• Have you had to convince your team to work on a project they weren't thrilled about? How did you do it?   Answer Question