National Securities Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Securities Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National Securities (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I was asked to walk through the resume, describe past projects and school stuff. Then I was asked brain teaser questions like what is the cost of business for oil company. The interview questions are mainly focused on knowing if you follow the market and if you have a clear thought process.

Interview Questions

• What is the cost of business for oil companies?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about the investment strategy you have researched or learned   Answer Question

Financial Advisory Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National Securities in March 2016.

Interview

I scheduled the phone interview three times before I can finally speak to a senior VP, he was too busy to ask me questions or listen to my answer. We only talked for about 15 minutes, and he had to go to a meeting.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at National Securities (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

They called me and asked a few questions. Basically offered me the position on the spot. However, they were very unprofessional on the phone. They were cursing, put me on hold a couple of times, and did not even have my resume with them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself?
      Why are you interested in the position?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Securities.

Interview

There was no interview process. The whole interview was pointless. As long as you made an appointment with them for the interview they hire you on the spot. They lose out on nothing since it is an unpaid internship.

Interview Questions

• do you want an internship?   1 Answer

Team Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Securities.

Interview

I appiled online, the whole process too 3 weeks. contacted by recruiter for a phone screen, and then got an invite for group phone interview, spoke with hiring manager and a vp, difficult questions during the interview............................................

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Securities (New York, NY).

Interview

asked general questions about market and what my interests were. as long as you are familiar with the markets, and want to pursue/learn about the business you will be okay.
    they offered me the position over the phone.

however during the internship itself, i did absolutely nothing. nothing at all.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Securities (Edison, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

The 1st interview was done in a group, with the vice president explaining the role of the position. And the second interview was one on one in which the executive tried getting to know you as a person, as well as your background history.

Interview Questions

• why did you apply to this job?   1 Answer

I just graduated college and it wasnt the right fit for me.

Stock Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Securities (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Private interview with a few different senior brokers, at points several senior brokers at once , asking general interview questions and work history. They ask that you understand what the job fully entails, and if it is a commitment you can make.

Stock Broker Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Securities (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I met the VP at my school's career fair, followed up several times, and received an in-office interview. The interview lasted about 15-20 minutes and consisted of my knowledge of the industry, financial markets, and sales. It was fast-paced and tested my ability to think on my feet. My sales experience and abilities were thoroughly examined and tested throughout the interview. Every bit of sales experience was acknowledged and these abilities were tested through several exercises.

Interview Questions

• American Express, Apple, FedEx. Stand up and pitch me which I should buy and why. Why not the other two?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Securities (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online via a third party website. I was then called by the secretary and set up an appointment. When i went in, i was briefly interviewed by one of the more senior people in the firm's office. The interview was less question asking and more describing what my role would be in the firm.