National Securities Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 11, 2017

2.3

Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Securities (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Went in for a job shadow day it was made apparent that during training you are very underpaid to a level where you are unable to support yourself if you do not already have funds saved up.

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Securities (Boca Raton, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

A recruiter scheduled a video conference call with the hiring manager who was located in New York. The interview was scheduled on the same day he contacted me. This Technical Project Management position was for software integration and not software development projects.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background and how do you think you are a good fit for this role.   Answer Question
    • How do you buy-in the team to agree with you, since this position requires strong negotiation skills?   Answer Question

Stock Broker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at National Securities in May 2017.

Interview

Called to inquire about the job and a man shouted "Moise" into the phone. No hello nothing. I later found this was Les Moise, Les is new to management and came down here to open an office. He did not come off as management material to me so I declined to work there.

Interview Questions

• Would I work for$300 a week?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National Securities (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I was asked to walk through the resume, describe past projects and school stuff. Then I was asked brain teaser questions like what is the cost of business for oil company. The interview questions are mainly focused on knowing if you follow the market and if you have a clear thought process.

Interview Questions

• What is the cost of business for oil companies?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about the investment strategy you have researched or learned   Answer Question

Financial Advisory Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National Securities in March 2016.

Interview

I scheduled the phone interview three times before I can finally speak to a senior VP, he was too busy to ask me questions or listen to my answer. We only talked for about 15 minutes, and he had to go to a meeting.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at National Securities (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

They called me and asked a few questions. Basically offered me the position on the spot. However, they were very unprofessional on the phone. They were cursing, put me on hold a couple of times, and did not even have my resume with them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself?
      Why are you interested in the position?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Securities.

Interview

There was no interview process. The whole interview was pointless. As long as you made an appointment with them for the interview they hire you on the spot. They lose out on nothing since it is an unpaid internship.

Team Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Securities.

Interview

I appiled online, the whole process too 3 weeks. contacted by recruiter for a phone screen, and then got an invite for group phone interview, spoke with hiring manager and a vp, difficult questions during the interview............................................

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Securities (New York, NY).

Interview

asked general questions about market and what my interests were. as long as you are familiar with the markets, and want to pursue/learn about the business you will be okay.
    they offered me the position over the phone.

however during the internship itself, i did absolutely nothing. nothing at all.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Securities (Edison, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

The 1st interview was done in a group, with the vice president explaining the role of the position. And the second interview was one on one in which the executive tried getting to know you as a person, as well as your background history.

Interview Questions

• why did you apply to this job?   1 Answer

I just graduated college and it wasnt the right fit for me.