Nebraska Book Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nebraska Book Interview Questions

2.6

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nebraska Book (Lincoln, NE) in August 2015.

Interview

The interviewer asked me questions about my qualifications and told me that he would know more in about a month. There were no trick questions or other abusive interviewing tactics.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nebraska Book (Lincoln, NE).

Interview

One in person interview. Was lied to during it when I asked questions but didn't find out till after the fact. It was a direct one on one interview with the store manager who read basic questions off a sheet. None of them where difficult and it was mostly to get a feel for your personality and customer service skills.

Interview Questions

• None, they were desperate to hire anyone with prior retail experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, they failed to even tell me that it was minimum wage. I didn't stay long!

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nebraska Book (Lincoln, NE) in September 2014.

Interview

Recruiter provided them my information. Interview went fast and I was offered within weeks. This depends on the hiring manager. The biggest hold up was with the HR department. This will likely always be the case with this company.

Site Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nebraska Book.

Interview

Applied online. Was called by manager weeks later. Met with manager. Generic interview questions. Fairly easy.

Textbook Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nebraska Book (College Park, MD) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied during peak season. So I got an email asking for an interview within a couple of days. The interview took about twenty minutes. The Assistant Manager took me on a tour of the store and just explained a lot of things, while asking me questions about my previous jobs. She asked me to fill out a new employee packet almost immediately.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nebraska Book (Lancaster, SC).

Interview

Interview took place over lunch-very profession, yet relaxed.

Negotiation

I was offered less money than I was currently making, but promised a raise in 6 months.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nebraska Book (Lincoln, NE) in July 2011.

Interview

It was a bit unorganized and took a while to hear back from them. It was 3 weeks from the time of the interview to the day I was offered the position. The interview itself was on the easier side. It was more conversational than interrogation. It was nice.

Interview Questions

• Without any buying experience previous to this interview, I would have to say the most difficult question pertained to buying/merchandising in general.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation is possible.

Textbook Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nebraska Book (Berkeley, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Applied online, Interview process took place at store. Very relaxed and professional

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nebraska Book (Lubbock, TX) in August 2009.

Interview

Saw the ad in store hiring for seasonal help and I applied online. Got called in for an interview shortly after and got offered the job after an interview with district manager.

Interview Questions

• When have you encountered a problem with giving someone customer service and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question