Ned Davis Research Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ned Davis Research Group Interview Questions

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Venice, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ned Davis Research Group (Venice, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Company was interested, flew me in, took care of my stay and proceeded with a big interview. Everyone seems quite knowledgeable and intelligent so be prepared for questions that may go deeper than the job requisition. I had the jitter so knew I wasn't doing my best but it still felt great. Head developer is pretty chill guy that's smart. Easy to talk tech talk too. They are definitely only looking for people to stay for quite a while. My history shows me jumping companies due to personal moving but it probably didn't matter to them. to quote "Red Flags". Pleasant experience, overall, however they are pretty bad at getting back to you with the result. After the traditional 1 week, they needed more time in which caused me to delay my other interviews as I really did like the company environment. 2 weeks after that they decided no without explanation. I was a bit irritated due to the amount of time to decide but no worries.

Interview Questions

• How would you filter data by a time interval without having to scan individual results?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ned Davis Research Group.

Interview

3 rounds, first with the decision maker, second with the solution architect. All fairly quick only because they were convinced of the background. The final interview was with CTO which was mostly about background and the company culture ndr has.

Interview Questions

• What kind of integrations have you maintained in past what were the technologies.   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ned Davis Research Group.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted almost immediately to schedule a phone interview for the next week. Phone interview consisted of basic financial, economic, technical analysis, and statistics questions. Upon passing the phone interview I was asked to complete an LPAT exam to test my aptitude for computer programming. After that I was brought in for an in-house panel and individual interviews lasting most of the day. Questions were both behavioral and technical. Received an offer the following week.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Venice, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ned Davis Research Group (Venice, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

They had two rounds of telephonic interviews, where one of the senior BA interviewed me for 1 hour. The next day there was a project manager who interviewed me for 1 more hour. Then they wanted to interview me in person. The next week I was there from 7:30am in the morning.

Investment Research Analyst (Entry-level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ned Davis Research Group (Sarasota, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

Several stage interview process:
    First, a phone interview to discuss compensation requirements. Second, another phone interview (2:1) with technical questions (RSI, real/nominal int rates). Third, setup a time for a language-free aptitude test that can be completed anywhere near your home location (public libraries, etc). I didn't pass the test according to their standards, but the next step was supposed to be a trip to their campus for meet & greet, as well as additional interviews.

HR was very nice, interviewers asked difficult but fair questions and really wanted you to succeed.

Investment Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Venice, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ned Davis Research Group (Venice, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview question is very easy but comprehensive, about economics, statistics, maths, technical analysis, and the telephone interview is 2:1 for about 30 minutes.

Fundamental Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Venice, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ned Davis Research Group (Venice, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

Had a first interview with HR, mainly about benefits and perks. Was nice and professional, but long response time after application sent in. Another long waiting period after the first interview with the line manager. Very professional too but did not have a lot of time to discuss position. Was more focused on screening my knowledge. Afterwards a generalized test, which was not bad, but finally, did not hire because they were looking for somebody with different profile. Unfortunately, I realized that they changed the job description during the process which led me fall out as a candidate.
    All over, quite professional interview process but they should be sure about which profile they want to hire, otherwise it is a waste for both parties.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about financial ratios in accounting   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ned Davis Research Group (Boston, MA) in July 2011.

Interview

One quick phone interview
    One in-person interview with would-be manager and co-worker
    One final round interview with entire Boston-based team

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ned Davis Research Group in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted almost immediately to schedule a phone interview for the next week. Phone interview consisted of basic financial, economic, technical analysis, and statistics questions. Upon passing the phone interview I was asked to complete an LPAT exam to test my aptitude for computer programming. After that I was brought in for an in-house panel and individual interviews lasting most of the day. Example questions about probabilities, combinations, RSI, yield curves (inverted) and more on technical and a bit of fundamental analysis etc

Intern-Macro Group Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ned Davis Research Group in March 2011.

Interview

Easy questions. Why do you want this job? What is your background?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None