Nelnet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nelnet Interview Questions

Interviews at Nelnet

2.3

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Very good process overall. Start with a phone call, then a full application, then a small exercise related to your field. The hiring managers are very nice people and they are happy to work with you to make sure you'll be a good fit at the company.

Full Stack Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nelnet in December 2019.

Interview

The interview process was brief. I thought I did well but got rejected. It was for a remote position. We went over time. It was through a third party. Javascript concepts were asked mainly.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nelnet (Highlands Ranch, CO) in November 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to apply for this position. In initial communication the recruiter specified a large amount of compensation, but later back-pedaled that amount by over 20-thousand dollars.

The recruiter called and spoke to me about my credentials for half an hour. After that, I heard nothing for weeks. Finally, he reached out and wanted to schedule an interview for the next day.

Apparently there was some scheduling issue because my interview was cancelled the same morning I was supposed to go in, and then un-cancelled a few hours before I had to leave. A little unnerving.

The interview itself was on-site, in a small room with three other developers. They all looked at their laptops the entire time and seemed to be fielding IMs at the same time they talked to me — it was rude. After the initial greetings, the entire hour was rapid-fire questions to assess technical knowledge. I don’t know if asking flash-card style questions is really the best way to assess someone’s abilities. It was a lazy interview, and I left feeling bitter about the company.

Interview Questions

• What’s a dependency injection?   Answer Question
    • What is one method you could call on any object in C#?   1 Answer
    • What can you do to increase the efficiency of a SQL query?   Answer Question
    • What’s the difference between IEnumberable and IQueryable?   1 Answer
    • What’s the difference between an interface and an abstract class?   Answer Question
    • How would you instantiate an abstract class?   1 Answer
    • Can a C# class integrate multiple interfaces?   Answer Question

Generalist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nelnet (Lincoln, NE) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview for this position was the best interview I have EVER had. It was laid back and we got straight to the point. Make sure you have at least a GED or are at least working on a higher degree such as a bachelor's degree.

Data Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Nelnet.

Interview

I was scheduled by someone from HR, but was interviewed by a team lead instead. I wish I had been told this before the interview.
    I thought the interview went extremely well, and the interviewer mentioned there would be a second round of interviews and I would get more info. but they went radio silent on me and wouldn't respond to my followup emails until I saw the position relisted about three weeks later.
    Extremely unprofessional.

Intern Interview

Interview

I first applied online and was quickly contacted through an email to set up an in person interview. I had a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes, followed by an interview with HR, and then one more interview with the managers.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any appliance in the kitchen what would it be?   Answer Question

Sales and Support Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nelnet in September 2019.

Interview

Had a great interview with the recruiter. I was very interested in the position. The recruiter told me to call her at the end of the week if I hadn’t heard from her. I followed up three times, but she ghosted me.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nelnet.

Interview

Two interviews. First interview was in person with a group of employees. Next interview was over the phone with hiring manager. Entire process took about a week.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nelnet (Lincoln, NE) in June 2019.

Interview

Fast, easy, to the point. Interviewer was friendly and informative. I was able to have a genuine conversation with the interviewer and get to know the personality of the interviewer.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nelnet (Denver, CO) in April 2019.

Interview

Applied a month before ever getting a call. Went fast took me a few days to get an interview actually set up. The actual interview was fast. The big boss brought me in then their lead joined in. All took about 30 min.

Interview Questions

• How i contribute in past jobs   1 Answer