- United States - All Cities
- - Nebraska
- - Lincoln, NE Area
- - Omaha, NE Area
- - Colorado
- - Parker Highlands, CO
- - Denver, CO Area
- - Florida
- - Jacksonville, FL Area
- - Miami-Fort Lauderdale, FL Area
- - Orlando, FL Area
- - Idaho
- - Boise, ID Area
- - Illinois
- - Chicago, IL Area
- - Indiana
- - Connersville, IN Area
- - Maine
- - Portland, ME Area
- - Minnesota
- - Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN Area
- - Mississippi
- - Oma, MS
- - Missouri
- - St. Louis, MO Area
- - New Jersey
- - New York City, NY Area
- - Trenton, NJ Area
- - Tennessee
- - Nashville, TN Area
- - Texas
- - Dallas-Fort Worth, TX Area
- - Houston, TX Area
- - Wisconsin
- - Eau Claire, WI Area
- - Green Bay, WI Area
- - Madison, WI Area
- All Candidates
- Received Offer Only
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
- Most Difficult
Interviews at Nelnet
Interviews for Top Jobs at Nelnet
- Customer Service Representative (5)
- Customer Service Advisor (3)
- Student Loan Advisor (3)
- Advisor I (3)
- Loan Advisor (2)
- Intern (2)
- CPC Manual Operator (2)
- .NET Developer (2)
- Internship (1)
- Marketing Manager (1)
- Business Analyst (1)
- Full Stack Developer (1)
- Sales (1)
- Director (1)
- User Experience (1)
- Marketing Ops Control Professional (1)
- Account Manager I - Higher Executive Director (1)
- Total and Permanent Disability Advisor (1)
- Marketing Director (1)
- Benefits Specialist (1)
- Sales and Support Manager (1)
- IT Support Analyst - Help Desk (CareCenter) (1)
- Recruiter (1)
- Campus Director (1)
- Inbound Advisor (1)
- Software Engineer (1)
- IT Analyst (1)
- IT Infrastructure Analyst (1)
- Software Developer (1)
- Technical Analyst (1)
Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE
I applied online. I interviewed at Nelnet (Lincoln, NE) in May 2021
I found that the interview was very pleasant. The interviewers really went into depth about the company and the duties that come along with it. They were friendly and made me feel very comfortable.
- What do you look for in a leader?
I applied online. I interviewed at Nelnet in Mar 2021
I tried out for the Business and Innovation Track: There are 2 interviews, a first-round and a superday. The first round is one-on-one questions, while the superday included an interview with program mentors and a group presentation.
Anonymous Interview Candidate
I interviewed at Nelnet
Phone interview: the interview was conducted through phone. She asked some general questions through phone and I answered to them. I think it took less than half an hour, less than what expected.
- Why do you apply to Nelnet?
Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nelnet (Washington, DC) in Feb 2021
Amazing team and friendly chat about what the company does what can I do for the company based on previous experience - Modern workplace chat - Human Resource Interview- Technical Interview- Offer letter - Contract
- Scenario questions - about how do deal with situations
I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Nelnet in Jan 2021
This occurred during the covid crisis, so the interviews were virtual. I had four one-hour video calls, some with one person and some with two people. As both sides were seeking to assure that we were a good match, it was mostly conversational, not rote / standard questions.
- We discussed different strategies for business development and the approaches that I have used in the past.
- We discussed my relationships with some of their existing customers.
- We discussed internal operations at Nelnet and my experience with complex entities.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE
I applied online. I interviewed at Nelnet (Lincoln, NE) in Jan 2021
The interview was set up through a recruiter. It was a group Zoom interview with three key managers. The process was not intimidating, and I felt very comfortable talking with the group.
- What is one thing people don't know about you? Tell me about a time you managed a successful project.
I applied online. I interviewed at Nelnet in Oct 2020
I spoke on the phone two times for a contracted education position for my local school. They were very friendly and explained the entire process to me and the hiring process was pretty quick and easy.
- Do you have a teaching credential?
I interviewed at Nelnet
Very good process overall. Start with a phone call, then a full application, then a small exercise related to your field. The hiring managers are very nice people and they are happy to work with you to make sure you'll be a good fit at the company.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Anonymous Interview Candidate
I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nelnet in Dec 2019
- Explain about my projects
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nelnet (Highlands Ranch, CO) in Nov 2019
I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to apply for this position. In initial communication the recruiter specified a large amount of compensation, but later back-pedaled that amount by over 20-thousand dollars. The recruiter called and spoke to me about my credentials for half an hour. After that, I heard nothing for weeks. Finally, he reached out and wanted to schedule an interview for the next day. Apparently there was some scheduling issue because my interview was cancelled the same morning I was supposed to go in, and then un-cancelled a few hours before I had to leave. A little unnerving. The interview itself was on-site, in a small room with three other developers. They all looked at their laptops the entire time and seemed to be fielding IMs at the same time they talked to me — it was rude. After the initial greetings, the entire hour was rapid-fire questions to assess technical knowledge. I don’t know if asking flash-card style questions is really the best way to assess someone’s abilities. It was a lazy interview, and I left feeling bitter about the company.
- What’s a dependency injection?
- What is one method you could call on any object in C#?
- What can you do to increase the efficiency of a SQL query?
- What’s the difference between IEnumberable and IQueryable?
- What’s the difference between an interface and an abstract class?
- How would you instantiate an abstract class?
- Can a C# class integrate multiple interfaces?