Nelnet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nelnet (Lincoln, NE) in October 2014.

Interview

Short and basic interview questions. They wanted to get as many people interviewed as possible because the training class ended out being about 30 people. Interview lasted about 20 minutes. They offered me the job before I was able to get back out to my house which was a 15 minute drive away. The hiring process was quick and easy but the job itself sucks. It was good experience to interview with them but overall I wouldn't recommend doing so. The overall expereince was positive because everyone was initially friendly and everything

Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nelnet (Aurora, CO) in August 2012.

Interview

I had one interview and because of my experience i got the job on the spot.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nelnet (Highlands Ranch, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone Interviewer was not American and did not speak English!
    H1-B worker?
    It took 3 weeks to get the interview scheduled. It was very unprofessional. They are hiring foreigners to interview Americans for jobs in America.
    It was very disturbing and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Could not understand questions.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nelnet (Lincoln, NE) in July 2016.

Interview

The process was pretty simple, lots of your basic interview questions. They asked about times you've shown leadership and times you've faced conflict. They walked through some of my prior experiences at other jobs or at my university.

Intern Interview

Interview

Found the job posting online. A simple phone interview, first round interview with recruiter and hiring manager roughly and hour long and then a second interview with regional manager and hiring manager about half an hour long.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase, however hourly pay was more than generous.

IT Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nelnet (Highlands Ranch, CO) in June 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by an Insight Global representative for a position she thought would fit my experience via email. Emailed back and said "I was interested" and she moved forward with the process at Nelnet company and contacting my prior Manager. Interview was scheduled a few days later with Nelnet's Manager, Developer and Engineer on a Wednesday. Was contacted 2 days later by Insight Global representative with a job offer from Nelnet which I accepted.
    Then moved forward with all the paper work through Insight Global and all the other requirements to work at Nelnet.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

A job offer was contacted by phone which was accepted, no negotiation was done. Was very happy with offer.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nelnet (Lincoln, NE) in May 2017.

Interview

Completed a phone interview followed by in-person interview. I didn't receive any follow-up information until 2 months later, even after I contacted them. Finally, received an email stating that I did not get the job.

Marketing Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nelnet (Lincoln, NE) in May 2016.

Interview

Nice people but stuck in the past. The questions they asked were very basic, similar to what you might expect for an entry-level position. Thanks to glassdoor reviews, I knew they would ask the "five year" question, but it still felt underwhelming. The recruiter didn't have knowledge of the company's reputation on this site. My 1:1 interview was short due to the department head's schedule overlap, and it took 16 days to hear the position was offered to someone else. Not impressive or challenging.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nelnet (Lincoln, NE) in July 2010.

Interview

I applied online via their career portal and was contacted by phone a few weeks later. An interview was scheduled which included a standardized computer test and a sit down interview with one of the department supervisors. The interview lasted approximately 20 minutes and I was extended an offer within three hours of the interview via phone call.

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nelnet (Lincoln, NE) in January 2018.

Interview

Received a call and email to set up an introductory call about a week an a half after my application was submitted. Introductory call went well so I was invited to an in-person interview the following week. I was told I would be interviewed by two people, but only one was available at the time of the interview. Interview itself was very easy, most questions were about my experience and resume. I was told I would hear back by the end of the week either way, but did not receive a call or an email back and the listing was taken down.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question