Nelnet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 19, 2017

2.2

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nelnet (Lincoln, NE) in December 2016.

Interview

Friendy and they clearly had read my resume and had questions prepared. They made an appointment off-hours so it didn't conflict with current job. I appreciate the flexibility. HR handled the phone screen and the interview over the phone very professionally and I was able to communicate effectively without feeling pressured.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle angry customers   1 Answer

Loan Advisor(SRC) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nelnet (Aurora, CO).

Interview

Once your resume is received and they are interested, a recruiter from out of state contacts you to arrange everything. Your interview date is given, but the only contact information you have are from people from Nebraska not Colorado. I was actually recruited from Texas. Yes I did choose the entry level position, but only because I'm not a stranger to working hard to reach the top. I also had no idea their operation is as such. You interview with your future supervisor and lead in a small confined room with not pictures. Stamdard interview questions. Now that I think about it, it felt almost like an inquisition. Again, they are upfront about entry level, but still she'll game you with opportunity if you have potential.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non existing.

Marketing Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nelnet (Lincoln, NE) in May 2016.

Interview

Nice people but stuck in the past. The questions they asked were very basic, similar to what you might expect for an entry-level position. Thanks to glassdoor reviews, I knew they would ask the "five year" question, but it still felt underwhelming. The recruiter didn't have knowledge of the company's reputation on this site. My 1:1 interview was short due to the department head's schedule overlap, and it took 16 days to hear the position was offered to someone else. Not impressive or challenging.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nelnet.

Interview

Face to face interview - very general interview process. The talent and recruiting team is very nice and good at what they do. They are young and fun. There were a lot of people interviewing at the same time so I believe they brought on a recruiting firm such as AeroTek to help with the interviewing process.

Inbound Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nelnet (Lincoln, NE) in January 2016.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter shortly after I graduated from college and they basically invited me to come in and interview immediately. I scheduled an appointment for a few days later and went in. Probably the easiest interview I've ever done. If you google generic interview questions you will find everything they ask you. I'd say there were 5 questions. Seriously, this is the easiest job ever to get.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nelnet (Highlands Ranch, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone Interviewer was not American and did not speak English!
    H1-B worker?
    It took 3 weeks to get the interview scheduled. It was very unprofessional. They are hiring foreigners to interview Americans for jobs in America.
    It was very disturbing and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Could not understand questions.   1 Answer

User Experience Interview

Interview

Did not receive an interview. Was asked to submit work samples, which I did, and was then told that my salary requirement was too high for the position ( desired salary was a requirement on the online application). I did not receive a response from HR after I indicated that I would be willing to negotiate on the salary if an offer was extended.

IT Support Analyst - Help Desk (CareCenter) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nelnet (Highlands Ranch, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

Three total interviews: Phone (recruiter), general (manager), technical (senior team members).

* Phone interview was basic HR stuff, why wanted to work there, etc.
    * Manager interview was a deeper level version of phone interview, with some background on technical skills and future goals.
    * Technical interview was not particularly technical, but more focused on troubleshooting and interpersonal skills in an IT environment. I imagine for a higher level role it would be more technical.

Interview Questions

• You have a Director on the phone with a high priority issue, a report due by your manager, and an email that just came in which needs your attention. What do you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Recruiter initially mentioned a salary $1/hr higher than received. When offered was re-offered at $2/hr less than recruiter initially said. Counter-offered $1/hr more than job offer and was accepted.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nelnet in July 2015.

Interview

Once I applied I got a call the next morning from a recuiter asking if I was still interested. There was a quick phone interview intro. Then she set up a face to face interview. I've applied here many many timea for sifferent positions and never got a call back. I'm guessing I got one this time since the job was staring within 5 days. The face to face interview was very good and casual. I had a good and quick experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They had a pay rate set up for this position. I did not try to negotiate aince I felt it was a reasonable offer.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nelnet (Lincoln, NE) in June 2015.

Interview

Brought in through agency. Interview on full time hire date easy. Picture, Fingerprinting, Training Schedule, Expectations, Questions.

Nothing to worry about. Be professional, at minimum, kakis and button up; however remember this job has the potential to set you up for years of success. There are multiple in-house opportunities with just one-year of employment.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your self in the future?   1 Answer