Nelnet Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 93 of over 93 interviews

Employee Referral9%
2.3
HardAverageEasy

Nelnet

Application

I interviewed at Nelnet

Interview

New department and had no direction. Previous sales team all quit. Essentially it was selling a platform of software to churches and schools . Unknown sales number or if commissions were paid

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work here
    1 Answer

Nelnet

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nelnet

Interview

A little coding test and then the technical interviews. Difficulty is on the easy side. Make sure to review your resume before each interviews since a lot of questions will come from your resume.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

66.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Nelnet~22587
Join the conversation on

Nelnet

Application

I interviewed at Nelnet

Interview

The interviewer was very kind. She listened to my answers and seemed to understand what I was trying to convey. The questions she asked were standard run of the mill interview questions.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Name a time that you had to learn a new skill for your job.

Nelnet

Application

I interviewed at Nelnet

Interview

Interview process was pretty laid-back comedy make sure you understood the job description and confirm that you were okay with it. Over the phone interview then a follow-up phone call letting you know if you got the job. Followed by an email and it congratulation letter.

Interview Questions
  • Scenarios, scenarios, scenarios; be prepared to answer questions based on previous experience. For example describe a Time you had to learn a new skill in apply it on the job.
2 people found this interview helpful

Nelnet

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nelnet in Jan 2022

Interview

Application Phone screen (15 mins) final round interview (1 hour) - the final round interview is with the hiring manager and conducted over microsoft teams. There it was behavioral and technical questions asked to me. Then I had a chance to ask any questions that I had.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Nelnet

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nelnet

Interview

Typical in person interview process. I went to the office and met with two managers who interviewed me together. Expect basic interview questions and resume walk through. Be sure to emphasize conflict management and customer service as skill sets.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Nelnet

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nelnet in Dec 2021

Interview

Phone interview, 30 minutes long. Probably three or four questions about previous work experience and telling a story about how you multitask, disgruntled customer, and how you research information for a cx and needing to place them on an extended hold in order to answer them properly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nelnet (Omaha, NE)

Interview

The First round interview is a behavioral short meeting (probably online). Second determinant is a coding test with simple prompts or a zoom meeting with technical questions. Third activity is a group work exercise that tests how well you work with/in a group

Interview Questions
  • What is something you're proud of? What distinguishes you from other applicants? Given a prompt of a word problem. Work with a team to figure out the solution. Simple programming exercises

Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC

Application

I interviewed at Nelnet (Florence, SC)

Interview

Very simple process with 1-2 direct rounds of interviews, and 1-2 rounds of group interviews. As long as you are genuinely interested in the field, you should have no problem. No technicals, but will base it off of how much you have done to interest post-grad

Interview Questions
  • What made you choose this rotation over the others?
  • How have the things you have completed during school or in previous experiences correlate to your interest of post-grad job searching?

Anonymous Employee in Rogers, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nelnet (Rogers, AR) in Nov 2021

Interview

The interview process was very easy! They were very formal and straight forward and very nice through the whole process. The asked questions about previous work experience and current work experience that was it

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example of when you had a difficult time with a caller and how did you resolve the issue?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 93 Interviews

Nelnet Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Nelnet as 63.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.31 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Customer Service Representative and Customer Service Advisor rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Student Loan Advisor and Advisor I roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Nelnet takes an average of 15 days when considering 109 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Customer Service Representative had the quickest hiring process (on average 7 days), whereas Advisor I roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 8 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Nelnet according to 109 Glassdoor interviews include:

Drug Test: 18.70%