NetBase Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NetBase Solutions Interview Questions

Interviews at NetBase Solutions

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NetBase Solutions (New York, NY) in April 2019.

Interview

Phone interview with the sales director. I was asked straightforward questions about my sales process and experience. However, it was primarily a one-way conversation: Every time I asked a follow-up question about Netbase and the role that was spurred by a question I was asked, the hiring manager gave me a cursory response, and we then moved on to the next question they had. It felt more like I was answering a survey than having a conversation.

Data Scientist Engineer NLP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NetBase Solutions in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted shortly after I'd applied and spoke with an engineer for a phone interview. Mostly regarding past projects, and just getting a feel for my skills and interests. The next step was a take-home project/assignment that had a coding and write-up component. I liked working on the project - it forced me to think about NLP functions as well as end-user functionality, which I really enjoyed. The next step was to do another phone interview with 3 folks from the data science team. This consisted mostly of more background information, some technical questions, and then a walkthrough of the code I'd submitted for the project.

I didn't make it past this last step. Truth be told, I was busy finishing up several other projects in order to graduate from my MS program and was sick as a dog at the time of the final phone interview. Nonetheless, the experience was....weird. The interviewers were nice, if not all that personable. They asked totally reasonable questions, but I got the feeling I wouldn't have been a good fit culturally/personally from this interview. Nothing egregiously bad, just felt off.

Interview Questions

• Focus on information retrieval and search concepts, particularly as they pertain to the end user. I didn't get any standard algorithm or stats questions, but your mileage may vary.   Answer Question

Social Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at NetBase Solutions (Chicago, IL) in August 2019.

Interview

The interview process was dragged out over 6 months for 3 different positions. I talked to 5-6 people and presented an assessment of my skills for an hour. There's no hiring manager or talent rep, so I was coordinating with one of the senior executives for all my interviews. He was slow to respond to the point where I was following-up multiple times to see if I was still in the running or if he was even alive. Overall, it was an incredibly disorganized process. They lose great talent by moving at a glacial pace and never giving definitive answers around the next steps even when asked directly. I don't recommend anyone apply to NetBase unless they truly want to work for a chaotic, pompous start-up.

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NetBase Solutions (Taipei (Taiwan)) in October 2018.

Interview

3 rounds of interview. A lot of question asked duplicated during the interview by different people.

Including test case design, programming skill test, but their answer about how their process works differ between people.