NetSPI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NetSPI Interview Questions

2.9

Security Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at NetSPI (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2016.

Interview

My first chat with the in house Recruiting and Talent Manager took place on Jun 21. We spoke for about an hour. I like the fact that she sent me a google calendar appointment. I think this phone call was mostly for her to feel me out, and see if I would be a good fit first for the culture of the company, and secondary if I had the correct technical chops for the job. I like this approach very much.

We set up a in person meeting to take place the very next day. The meeting took place on site at Netspi, in downtown MPLS. In this meeting I sat down with the same person I spoke with on the phone. Again here she was making sure I was the same guy she spoke to on the phone, as in personality, and we went into my technical chops in more detail.

I was out of town on a business trip, so we were only able to setup the next meeting on June 27th. Again the meeting took place at Netspi, I had 3 interviews, CTO, and 2 VP's. For the most part, I would say that the interviews were 65% technical and 35% (Is this guy a good fit) in nature.

The last interview took place the very next day. Normally this would have taken place on the 27th, but the final interviewer was out of state on a business trip. This final interview was with my counterpart on the sales side, we had a very open conversation and we were both just trying to get our heads wrapped around the roles that he and I would play, and how we would work together if I got a offer and I took the job. After this interview I was feeling like, "MAN I HOPE I GET THIS JOB"

I had a few weeks off for the 4th of July holiday, so there was a break between my last interview and the next time I spoke with the talent manager, she did keep me in the loop as to where things were going during my vacation. THAT WAS GREAT. I say this, since, you know how sometimes you interview, and after the interview you hear absolutely nothing, no communication as to how the process is going.
    THIS was not the case here, she kept me very informed, letting me know when key players were out of the office and what not. Also letting me know when a decision was eminent, and when one was made.

I got a offer letter on July 14.

Security Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetSPI in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for the internship position online. Was contacted for a brief phone screen followed by a technical phone interview. The process took about 2 weeks.
    Initial phone screen questions were pretty basic technical and behavioral questions. The technical phone interview was for about 30 mins and included mid level web application and network security questions.

Interview Questions

• web application security questions, eg explain XSS, XSRF, and there mitigations.   Answer Question

Security Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetSPI in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through the university web site and was contacted in about 2 weeks. I will be talking about the initial phone screen. It consisted of a few non-technical questions such as why NetSPI, your GPA, etc and a few technical questions such as please explain XSS and how would you go about mitigating it. The interview is pretty easy.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NetSPI (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I was contacted by HR about a position. I applied and was given three total interviews. The first two where high level and more so behavior, the third one was more technical. The overall communication and scheduling was done over email and smooth.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NetSPI (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2013.

Interview

Got to meet everyone I would be working with, met all upper management and they really knew their stuff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fast

Pen Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at NetSPI (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by the NetSPI recruiter who explained to me who NetSPI was and what they were looking for.

Each interview was a series of technical questions usually between 15-30 questions. For example what is the difference between stored and reflected XSS? If you found a website vulnerable to a XSS attack how would you go about fixing the issue?

After about 3 or 4 phone interviews with different NetSPI employees I moved to the next phase of their interview process where I had 3 hours to perform some Pen-Testing in their lab and create a PowerPoint presentation on my findings. I could only use the tools that NetSPI had on the "Tester" box they gave me access to and they had an IP range of about 20 address that I was allowed to do my Pen Testing on. After the 3hrs were up I presented my PowerPoint Presentation to a few NetSPI employees. They had Nessus, Metasploit, along with some tools I was familiar with and others I was not. There were also obviously tools that I like to use that were not available like the Zed Attack Proxy.

Then there was a series of face to face interviews some just one on one and others with two or three NetSPI employees interviewing me at once. In one of the interviews one NetSPI employee brought in his laptop and spent 90% of the hour behind the laptop screen typing away while the other NetSPI employee asked me a series of technical questions.

Besides the technical questions and the lab assessment they also had me do things like a writing test with questions like "What is a noun?" and a little report essay where it was something like you found this vulnerability during your testing write up a summary describing the vulnerability, the severity of the vulnerability, and some ways the client could go about fixing this vulnerability.

Through the NetSPI interview process I wasn't able to ever really get to know much about what my role would be or how well I would fit in at NetSPI. There was very little time if any to ask questions of the people who interviewed me. I never got to meet the whole Pen Test team I would be working with to see the different team dynamics and see what type of group they are.

Overall it was a huge time commitment probably spanning about 30-40hrs of very technical interviews and assessments. I thought the office was kind of dirty and it was strange that in a company of 30-50 people with 10-15 Pen Testers that I didn't get to meet the entire Pen Test team. After all the interviews I just walked away with the impression that maybe NetSPI has some talented people maybe they don't, but either way I didn't think they handled themselves in a professional manner.

Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at NetSPI (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a friend who works for the company to see if I could help with recruiting. Within a couple of days, I met with various managers and then went through the background check. During the process, I received phone and email updates and felt informed about next steps. I was able to start about a week later following my in person interviews. I've been here a year now and have enjoyed working at NetSPI!

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NetSPI.

Interview

NetSPI is a exceptional company and a leader in their field! I was turned on to this company and position from a acquaintance who has been in the industry for years. The process was straight forward with a phone interview and meeting several members of team for in person interviews. There was excellent communication including secure email messaging. I am truly glad to be a part of this organization as it's full of great and talented people!

Interview Questions

• It's been some time now, but mainly a conversation about IT security and sales experience questions.   Answer Question