Netlist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.6

FPGA Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Netlist (Irvine, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was a wonderful experience. I was interviewed by two employees, the first in the current area of which I was interviewing for, and the second with the VP of Engineering. It definitely sounds like a challenging workplace with a lot of areas to grow in.

You can tell the engineers at this place are top notch, and have much dedication. The position interviewed for was for a more experienced position than what I came in with, but the attitude during the full two hours was never demeaning nor did I feel like I was wasting their time. On the other hand, they gave me their time and I learned and grew from the experience.

Interview Questions

• So tell me about you? Why do you want to work at Netlist?   2 Answers

Sales Operation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Netlist (Irvine, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Very professional. 3 interviews in total. Was very good to communicate the next steps and standings. Started with a 1:1 with HR, and then SVP Sales and VP Operations. All 3 asked different questions but all pertaining the ability to multi-task and being able to support different needs of departments. Overall initial opinion was great team and extremely knowledgeable. Fast pace and get it done attitude. Very supportive of one another.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an individual that is non-responsive?   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Netlist (Irvine, CA).

Interview

The interview was professional, informative, and relaxed. The Interviewers asked appropriate questions relative to my experience, education and background. The interviewers answered all of my questions and did not make me feel that I was taking up their time.

Interview Questions

• Did you have an opportunity to review the Netlist Website.   2 Answers

Aug 3, 2016 – Sr. Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive interview experience. All reviews, both negative and positive are welcome. This provides both me, as the Sr. HR Manager, and the Hiring Team... More

Sales/Marketing Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Netlist (Irvine, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn and interviewed with HR manager. Over 2 weeks later was brought in and interviewed for over two hours with senior personnel. Was told I would hear back about the process. It has been over two weeks since then and not one word not even a rejection letter or email. This lack of communication or perhaps planning is telling. No wonder they have bad reviews as a company.

Interview Questions

• How do your current skills match our sales ops requirements?   1 Answer

Aug 3, 2016 – Sr. Human Resources Manager

Although it’s disappointing to see a negative interview review, we want to know the candidate’s thoughts so that corrective action can be taken. Thank you for taking the time to share. I am sorry to... More

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Netlist (Irvine, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I met with the HR Manager J. Carter and found her to be especially kind! I had a great time chatting with her and getting to know the company, employees and duties.

Interview Questions

• What I was looking for in a position... Standard question but she was wanted to make sure that they would be able to give me what I was looking for not just me give them what they are looking for.   1 Answer

Aug 3, 2016 – Sr. Human Resources Manager

All the candidates that I interviewed for this position were top notch and any company would be lucky to employ them. All of the candidates were informed by their Recruiter that this position was... More

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Netlist (Irvine, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for the Executive Assistant role through a recruiter over the phone. The role was a temporary position as the permanent Executive Assistant to the CEO was going on vacation. The recruiter inquired about me being comfortable with various administrative duties and booking travel accommodations, as the position would mostly be taking care of travel for the executives. I informed me that this would be acceptable. I started the next day and worked the temporary assignment.

About a month later, the same recruiter called me to inquire about my availability and to ask me if I would be interested in going back to work at Netlist as they needed my assistance again. The permanent Executive Assistant had left and they needed some help. I went in later that same day, and a few months later transitioned to a permanent role with the company. I have been here ever since and love it!

Interview Questions

• If I was capable of booking travel accommodations such as flight, hotel and car rental reservations for domestic and international travel for multiple reports/executives. At times it could be heavy travel accommodations.   1 Answer

Aug 3, 2016 – Sr. Human Resources Manager

I'm pleased to know that your interview experience was positive. This was a very important and visible position in the company so I suspect that the Recruiter was looking for specific answers. The... More

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Netlist (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Concise and to the point. Leadership wanted to see results in a month! When I mentioned that it was not realistic that person quickly ended my interview. Ironically, I ended up with a job offer. However, I was not able to implement my plan since they wanted immediate results, which were not possible.

Interview Questions

• How much revenue I could generate and how quickly it could be generated.   1 Answer

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Netlist (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Simply stated, a disorganized and frustrating process. I originally started talking to them in January of 2015. Two out of three of the people I spoke to on the phone were late. The one face to face person had never seen my resume when we met. They then left me hanging in limbo for months with no one ever giving me a definitive yes or no on my qualifications or if I was still in consideration.

Interview Questions

• The questions themselves were typical and the interviewers were pleasant and courteous. Just the process was what I have issue with.   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Netlist (Irvine, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

The HR person called me out of the blue - said he found my resume online. We chatted on the phone for a while at which point he asked about my physical appearance - if I had any piercings or tattoos. Seemed rather unorganized. Asked if I could come in for an in-person. When I did - he basically sat down and said "well, this is it - just wanted to meet you and show you the office, what do you think?" It was probably the most awkward interview ever. I was literally trying to figure a way out of the building as quickly as possible.

Interview Questions

• "The CEO is a good guy - he does sometimes yell or can be really difficult.....but he always apologizes after." WHAT.....seriously??   2 Answers

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Netlist (Irvine, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview was short. Showed me the office and explained expectations. Meet with the recruiter. She mentioned that this was to support the CEO. Conservative environment. Saw the gal that interviewed before me wearing 5 inch heals a low cut top and a nose ring? Wow! This is a business professional environment. I declined to interview with the CEO since it was a bit too far of a drive from my house. However, if I lived closer I would definitely have gone to the second interview. Seemed like an interesting place to work. Very start-up environment and entrepreneurial. During the interview process the recruiter and I had a very good conversation that led me to believe this would be a stable long term type of role. I came after hours so I didn't get a chance to meet many people, however, there were some engineers still working. Note: This is an engineering company and its the corporate office. Prior reviews seem a bit off. Why would you come to a professional interview with piercings and visible tattoos? Overall it was a pleasant experience. I was offered beverages and snacks. The room was a bit chilly but I was told they were having AC issues. I did refer a friend to the position. This would have been a good job for a self-starter.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle stressful situations? Am I able to diffuse the situation?
      In a matrix environment how would I handle multiple priorities?   Answer Question