New England Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New England Financial Interview Questions

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at New England Financial

Interview

Easy interview, walked in with no experience and was asked all different types of questions about my education and my family life. It was a very quick interview and probably only lasted about 20-30 minutes.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New England Financial (Woodland Hills, CA).

Interview

Applied through school's career site. Then was scheduled a 1 to 1 interview. They were basically all fit questions. The interview process was pretty quick. Heard back from the company the next week after the interview.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at New England Financial.

Interview

Just asked a few general questions. ie. "what experience do you have that would help you on this job?". It was also a lot of small talk and very friendly.

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New England Financial (Rochester, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed twice asked about how I could roll my book of business and how many leads I could generate. Then was asked how many of my friends and family I could write insurance on and how much insurance I could sell them. In the end I ended up leaving because I was not receiving all of my commissions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at New England Financial (Northbrook, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

The first interview was a group presentation followed by a one on one interview. The one on one interview was clearly to weed out the people that didn't belong there. The one on one part lasted about 5 minutes. They asked me back two days later for a second interview that lasted about a half an hour. Then they asked me back the following week for a third interview with the managing partner.

Interview Questions

The 60 hour work weeks were more than I was willing to commit to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at New England Financial (Fairfield, NJ) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied online and took an online assessment, a few weeks later received a phone call from the recruiter and talked to her on the phone about the position. She scheduled a time for me to come in and meet with her. When I did, she was very nice and told me about the position (which is basically just a sales position) and showed me around the office, then scheduled a second meeting with the sales manager for a few days later. He basically gave me the same speech the recruiter did, not really an interview at all. He just wanted to gauge how many people I knew/could potentially sell life insurance policies to. Not really my dream job but I was pretty desperate. The manager eventually told me I could have the job if I thought I could do it. I was told I had to get licensed first, but had no idea what a process that would be.

Overall, it was an easy interview process (if you can even call it that, they did not ask any "typical" interview questions, pretty much just told me how hard it would be to find people to sell to). I got licensed with NEF but ended up not sticking with them because I found a different position elsewhere. The people were friendly and professional, but the hiring/licensing process took way too long.

Interview Questions

• Really didn't ask any behavioral interview questions, just questions about how many people you know/could sell to, etc.   Answer Question

Hiring/licensing process was very lengthy and I found a different job in the meantime.

Financial Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at New England Financial (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2011.

Interview

5 minute phone conversation about what the position entailed. 1 hour interview where the focus is on seeing if you're ambitious, entrepreneurial, and likeable.

They like to see you well dressed. Print your resume and references on nice paper, not regular paper.

After the interview, they e-mail you a short personality test. It looks to see if you're ambitious, outgoing, already in groups, honest/ethical, and capable of analyzing yourself to improve.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You're given 2 options. $500/week + commissions. Or 100% commissions with a higher cut.

They are not completely upfront about how the $500/week + commissions works. That $500/week is contingent on your ability to consistently sell products. It also entraps you so that you have to work here for at least 3 years in order to get the full commission of the products you've sold.

Oh, and if you can sell consistently anyway - you'd make more with the 100% commission system.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at New England Financial (San Diego, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Was a quality referral from a current employee advisor, so the process went pretty quickly getting me on board.

Interview Questions

• Asked how much of my previous book would transfer over.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offer made, I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New England Financial (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Called up by the assistant, set up and interview to meet with the senior adviser. Come the day for the interview, met with the snr. adviser and had a quick discussion. Problem with me as a candidate was that my current contacts weren't wide enough to establish leads, they still had me take the online application once completed I never heard from them.

Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New England Financial (Northbrook, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

Contacted through monster, setup interview time. Started with a group interview/ presentation on the company, how the manager we would be working under started his career, salary benefits etc. After this we were led to computers to take a personality test after which we were either invited to stay or asked to leave. Based on our score, we were interviewed individually. Based on this interview we were invited back for the second round a few days later.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time an idea of yours got rejected? How did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • What do you feel was your greatest achievement to date?   Answer Question