New England Insights Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New England Insights Interview Questions

2.6

ENTRY Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New England Insights.

Interview

It was pretty easy its a grab a client sales job. You need to just be there and the interview is easy. They hire a lot and people come and go through the office. Seems like a chill office environment and they talk about team work all the time.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Heard back within a day for an interview and went in the next week. Initial interview is about 20 minutes to just talk about yourself and you learn VERY LITTLE about the company. The second interview, they take you out to a coffee shop and tell you about this training program they have. It basically leads up to being a door to door sales person..

Interview Questions

Not what I was looking for

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New England Insights (Framingham, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

Very short interview, questions are as below:
    Why do you think you are a good fit for this position in the company?
    What do you think it’s important for the company?
    What attracts you to this job?
    Tell me what makes you want to work with us?
    What do you have for fun?
    What do you picture yourself for doing a good job in this company?

Interview Questions

• No reply to follow ups or any news at all after interview. Although feel pretty good during interview, maybe performed too ambitious for the position during 1:1 interview. Still couldn't figure out why no reply at all.   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at New England Insights (Natick, MA).

Interview

During the first interview they explained it would be a 3-part process. The first interview was one one one with a manager, but it was brief (about 15 minutes). Went over what they did, what they were looking for and talked about my experience and strengths/weaknesses. The second interview was longer, which they had already told me. This was the biggest part where they reviewed a day-to-day, company goals, money & benefits, etc.

Still waiting to see if I made it to the third- I'll update!

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest skill you want to improve in yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New England Insights (Natick, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

There were three different rounds. The first round is a 10 minute conversation with the manager where they ask basic questions about why New England Insights, where do you hope to go, etc. Do understand that when they say a 10 minute conversation, expect only a 10 minute conversation. If you have to travel far to the office, now is a good time to determine whether this position is actually a good fit for you rather than wasting all of your gas.

The second round is a 1.5 hour conversation with a lead account manager. They ask questions about your experiences, strengths and weaknesses, short term goals, indirect vs. direct marketing, qualities of a successful account manager, etc. This goes more in-depth about the expectations, the professional growth of an account manager, and compensation. This was really where I first understood the true nature of the job. While the job description really stresses a sales and marketing position that leads to management, the first 2 years of the position is essentially a door to door salesman for Verizon (their Fortune 500 company). While there is a weekly base salary (undisclosed amount that the interviewer said the manager would go into), this is a mostly commission-based position.

The third round is a sit-down with the manager. I did not continue past the second round, because it was not a job that was fitting for my career path. While everyone I encountered at New England Insights seemed really genuine and passionate about their work, I just caution job seekers to be aware of what the job description is saying between the lines. The receptionist and interviewers were all incredibly friendly and if anything, the experience was good interview training.

Interview Questions

I declined the third round interview. The job is pretty much a sales position, and I was looking for a more analytical position that actually utilized my academic background.

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at New England Insights (Natick, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview process was straight forward-- they contacted me after I applied, and then there was a three pronged interview process. First interview was 15 minutes, second was about 1 hour, and the third was 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Questions were fairly easy-- they just wanted to get a feel for your character (do you give up easily, do you have good interpersonal skills, etc)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ultimately, they were misleading about how I would be compensated, so I didn't get to properly negotiate anything. They told me they use a combination of salary, commission and bonuses; actually, they have a draw, and you depend mostly on your commission and sometimes get bonuses depending on what you sell.

Entry Level Management Trainee Interview

Interview

The staff there are very friendly and the interview went on smoothly, but according to the interviewer, this is a sales rep. position. the company will provide on-site training and reps require to visit clients door to door.

EL Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New England Insights (Natick, MA).

Interview

3 part- all 1-1. Pretty standard first interview, only about 20 minutes. Everyone I spoke with was helpful and friendly. The second interview was longer- 45 minutes where we went over most of the details & job duties. The guy I met with had been working there for a year and was very knowledgeable and seemed like he liked his job.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit here over others? In a supervisory role how would yo handle a breach of ethics?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty short- they were open from the start about pay, etc so I kind of knew what to expect.