New Flyer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New Flyer Interview Questions

2.3

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New Flyer (Saint Cloud, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

The only way to work for New Flyer is to go through Doherty staffing temp service. The entire interview was through Doherty, and being a temp is terrible.

However, welders work directly for New Flyer and do not go through a temp agency, and they make a lot more money.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Flyer (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a panel interview. I have gotten an excellent impression from the HR and managers.
    They asked about professional skills and made me to feel very comfortable.
    It was constructive and well managed conversation. They described an environment and represented the potential challenges. Because I have previous experience in a field, I would greatly recommend this company as a fare employer.

Engineering Design Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at New Flyer in June 2015.

Interview

The Interview process is long. First interview based on behavioral questions and second interview after two months which is again basic HR and behavioral. They interview many candidates for one opening and choose the best of best. Prepare about the company and your resume. Resume briefing will be done during your phone interview. question asked
    why should we hire you?
    what is your long term goal ?

People Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Flyer (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

The initial meeting was a screening interview. Very informal and more of an exchange of information, than an interview. The 2nd interview was more thorough and engaging. I was offered a tour after the interview that I found quite fascinating. Was told I would hear from them regarding their decision either way, however this was not the case. I found that slightly unprofessional, but having performed many interviews, I understand how things can get forgotten!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had difficulty with a co-worker and how did you resolve this?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at New Flyer (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by five people. Basic questions, leading up to salary. During the interview I discovered this was a non-unionized position. I stated $ 10,000 below my current salary. The air went out of the room, and the interview ended.

Interview Questions

• What ate your salary expectations?   1 Answer

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at New Flyer (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Three on one (1. HR representative - Seamed entirely Bored with the the whole interview , 2. Hiring manager - engaged and asked interesting questions. 3. VP of information Tech - Asked interesting and thoughtful questions)

The interview was Long - longer than any I've had in the previous 20 years.
    Second Interview was close to 2 hrs as well...

Long process - I was sure the position had passed me by - but 6 weeks later an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Asked a Lot of questions about previous duties - down to specifics ...very detailed. Be prepared to expand on your answers, and provide more details and examples / multiple examples.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Only found out after ...that i could have negotiated an extra week of holidays - and i would of got it...so ask for it up front (if they really want you) wouldn't try this if going for a position on the shop floor.

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New Flyer (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in October 2009.

Interview

very slow process,
    had to keep reminding of the urgency
    Not very impressed by HR. Very standard questionnaire
    The manager was ok in their questioning

Interview Questions

• past experience   1 Answer
    • arrangement of the people and working in unionized place   1 Answer

Negotiation

you can negotiate
    They try to low ball you