New Home Star Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at New Home Star

2.4

Sort:

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Home Star in January 2017.

Interview

Strange. Had phone interview and was supposed to hear from Director for regular interview. No follow up from company even after I called them again. They did not even answer the phone at headquarters. Director never called even after human resources said expect to hear from them for the next interview. Weird. Are they going out of business?

Interview Questions

• Asked about my sales experience. I felt I had more knowledge than the interviewer.   Answer Question

New Home Star Response

Jun 14, 2017 – HR Manager

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take our interview process very seriously at New Home Star, and we apologize that this did not reflect your experience. Please email... More

Sales Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Home Star (San Antonio, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was thorough but a quick process. It started with a phone interview which lasted about 10 minutes. After that, they set up a face to face interview with the Sales Manager. That interview took about a half hour. Finally, I met with the builder partner and then was offered a position shortly there after. The whole process was about a 10 days.

Interview Questions

• What qualities about yourself will make you a good sales counselor?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Home Star (Greenville, SC) in January 2018.

Interview

Things you need to know about this company. It's 100% commission based. You will be driving very very far to get to your neighborhood of sales. You can not sell real estate without a license, so I suspect you have to obtain one, or you will be splitting commission with someone who has one. You will likely be going weeks or evens a month without a paycheck. This job is not good for someone with a family, or who has bills to pay.

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palmetto, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New Home Star (Palmetto, FL) in June 2018.

Interview

Specific goals to success, work discipline, willingness to learn the New Home Star extensive training videos which are the best in the home building industry. Looking for people that desire to win and succeed.

Interview Questions

• Sales experience, customer service experience   1 Answer

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bend, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New Home Star (Bend, OR).

Interview

Intense and Rewarding. You climb through the funnel with each step of the process. You don't concern yourself with being perfect because the management that is interviewing you know exactly what they are looking for and have a combined experience that will make you comfortable that you are in the right place at the right time.

Anonymous Employee in Geneva, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Home Star (Geneva, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Found Ad in Indeed.com. Initial phone call was about 45 minutes. Agreed to meet at neutral location and spent about 2 hours taking.
    1:1 interview was mostly small talk. From there, we went into a small group interview, and questions got tougher by the client - which was welcomed.
    Personality assessment was assigned afterwards via email -- but somehow I was sent the answer key, not the questionnaire. When I called *and* emailed them to let them know they sent me the key, I was told to "just do the best you can"... so I re-read the answer key, copied the answers and sent them right back as a completed task. It didn't feel right, but I did make the effort to let them know in the first place.
    My offer came less than 48hrs after that.

Interview Questions

• Q: Are you able to obtain a real estate license within 6 months with our help?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New Home Star (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Basically I applied to the Craigslist ad which promised high salary plus commission. After a prelim phone interview, we met at a neutral location for an interview.He walked through it briefly, asked a few simple questions about myself..and my qualifications...said he was impressed and asked when I could start.

Interview Questions

• Why do I feel I am qualified for this job? When can you start? Do you have access to a computer at home? Would you be willing to work after hours/weekends?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Home Star in October 2015.

Interview

Phone interview from Corporate office. If pass that, local in person interview with the director and or managers depending on availability. If pass that, 2nd in person interview. If pass that, training will commence soon.

New Home Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at New Home Star (Orlando, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

There were a few phone calls prior to a face to face meeting. The calls were to acknowledge receipt of my information, test my knowledge, and get an idea of how I "handled" myself over the phone. There were two face to face interviews. After the first interview I was asked to read a book about new home sales and to call the manager back, which I did. Shortly after the second face to face interview I was offered a job as a trainee, with plans on becoming a full time sales consultant. I dealt directly with the home office to process paper work and a lot of the communication was done online.

Interview Questions

• What was the last new home sales book you have read in the last 6 months?   1 Answer
    • I was asked to role play as a new home consultant and the interviewer pretended to by a potential buyer. It was like the twilight zone. Picture if you will, a man entering your model home, dressed in a particular way, asking these 5 questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non negotiable, this is what we are offering, but here are the compensation possibilities. In addition, if successful and the desire was to be in management, that possibility existed.

New Home Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New Home Star (Vero Beach, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online at indeed.com in January, had a brief phone interview in February, then an in person interview the following week, and finally one last phone interview the day after the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• I was given an overview of the company and their vision. They ask if you share this vision, what your goal is, and how dedicated you consider yourself.   2 Answers