New Sector Alliance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.8

RISE Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Sector Alliance (Burlington, VT) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with a member of the Program Team. The interview was very quick and I didn't feel like I could answer the questions fully because I was cut off. I asked the interviewer what her favorite guiding quotes were and she liked this question.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New Sector Alliance.

Interview

Hiring staff reached out via LinkedIn. About a week later, I scheduled an informational phone interview to learn about the organization, position, and staffs' reasons for noting me as a potential fit. A week or so after this call, I applied and had a 30-45 minute phone interview. Shortly after, I was notified of my acceptance and then had a short in-person alumni interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you did not agree with a colleague, and how you handled the situation   Answer Question

RISE Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New Sector Alliance (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

I had a phone screen with an alumni fellow, then an in-person interview in Boston. I was also given the option for a Skype interview. I interviewed with the Boston program manager.

RISE Fellow Interview

Interview

resume, cover letter, short answer questions. Alumni interview and then interview with the program manager. My application was submitted late in the process, so I did not have an alumni interview. The in-person interview lasted for about 45 minutes to an hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Sector Alliance (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied online, was notified by email about 2 weeks later that I had gotten an alumni interview, which was over the phone and pretty relaxed. About a week after that I was notified that I had gotten a second staff interview which was over the Skype and more formal. Both lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What would a work supervisor suggest that you improve on?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time someone gave you ambiguous instructions.   Answer Question

Resident In Social Enterprise Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New Sector Alliance.

Interview

30 minute interview, with five or so questions as well as the opportunity to ask some of my own at the end. It was relatively personality based, with questions that were expected-why New Sector? What do you hope to get out of the experience? etc. No case style questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had difficulty working in a group.   Answer Question

RISE Fellowship 2015-2016 Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New Sector Alliance (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied later in the application and did not hear from them until a month and a half later. It was a 2-round interview process. The first interview is conducted with a current fellow, and the second is with New Sector staff. My case was special in that I was given a third interview. I think they were unsure on me and wanted to give me another opportunity. For this I am grateful and I can tell you that New Sector is all about developing the people they take on.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a leader you look up to?   1 Answer

Summer Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Sector Alliance.

Interview

One phone interview with program alum followed by a skype interview w/ program coordinator. The phone interview was very relaxed because the alum was around my age. The skype interview was more formal and the interviewer asked typical interview questions.

Summer Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Sector Alliance.

Interview

The first interview is a phone interview with a New Sector alum, lasting around 20-30 minutes. The second interview is slightly longer (40-45), either conducted in-person or through Skype. Mine was the latter, and went very smoothly. The New Sector staff interviewer was very nice, and asked fairly standard behavioral questions. There is a 'fun' question at the end where you get to be creative!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience you had with failure, and what you learned about yourself from it.   1 Answer
    • What are 3 words that your friends would use to describe you? What are 3 words that a job supervisor would use to describe you?   1 Answer
    • What unique skills or experiences would you be able to bring to the summer cohort?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Note that once you get an email extending an offer, you only get about a week to decide whether or not you want the position!

Summer Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New Sector Alliance in March 2015.

Interview

35-45 minute phone/Skype interview. It was conducted by a fellowship alumni. If you pass, you will get a notification of a second round of interview. I got the notification within a week.