New York ISO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York ISO Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New York ISO in March 2017.

Interview

After applying in December there was a phone interview around March/April. Then a couple weeks later I had a follow up interview where I spoke to the manager which was interested in having me on their team.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the biggest challenge for the electric grid is and how to solve it?   Answer Question

Operator Interview

Interview

Applied online, contacted by HR. phone screening was routine and pleasant. Asked the standard questions. Not too difficult. Would definitely apply again. Overall seems a pleasant and nice workplace. impressed

Associate Settlements Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rensselaer, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York ISO (Rensselaer, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

-Applied online with a referral.
    -Received an email a few weeks later requesting a phone interview.
    -Had a 30 minute phone interview with 2 managers.
    -About a week later I received a second email requesting an in-person interview.
    -Had a face-to-face interview with a panel of 4 people, including managers and HR.

Important information: The position I applied for was asking for someone with an Associate's degree, I have my Bachelor's. Also on the application I had stated that my salary requirement was 2,000 BELOW the minimum end of the salary range for this position. I also had an employee referral from someone who is very successful and high up in the company. With that being said I expected very different results in the way I was treated. At the time I had a great feeling about the whole process. I had done days of research about the company and came in very prepared. After the panel interview I was told I'd be contacted about the results within 1.5 weeks. It has now been a month and I have heard nothing. I reached out to several people 3 times, via email and phone and still no one has contacted to me. I hate to give negative reviews but I feel extremely disrespected by how I have been treated by NYISO. I had high hopes and was let down overall, not because I wasn't extended an offer but because of how they've treated me. It was a very unprofessional experience. I would keep all of this in mind when applying.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, weaknesses, goals, education and work background, preferences, "explain a time when..."   Answer Question

Very Straightforward! Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at New York ISO (Albany, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The process was straight forward, smooth and easy. More behavioral questions, interviewers were very friendly and made me comfortable in no time. They are quick in letting me know about the decision made.

Interview Questions

• What, according to you, are the 3 major qualities of a BA and how do you rate yourself with regards to the same?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York ISO (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I had one phone interview that lasted approximately 30 minutes, then received an offer about a week and a half later. The process was very smooth and efficient and the questions were fair and related to a specific department the recruiters thought I would be best fit.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Excel?
      What is your favorite course you have taken in college?
      What data analysis tools are you familiar with?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at New York ISO in March 2016.

Interview

applied online. A recruiter contacted me asking to schedule an interview. I interviewed her and one of the employees. Was asked about my background. I got a phone call maybe a month after that to get the offer.

ICAP Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York ISO (Albany, NY).

Interview

First interview was a phone screen followed by on-site interview of about 2.5 hours. Hardly any technical questions asked. Team members were mostly interested in knowing how well I fit into the team. Interviewed with the entire team, HR and the director.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you ? How do you deal with a difficult person ? Do you work well in a team or alone ? Do you focus on details ? When was the last time you worked in a team ? tell me about yourself ? What do you like doing the most ? What do you like doing the least ? and various other questions on resume   Answer Question

Supervisor IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at New York ISO (Albany, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

1) Applied online
    2) Received request for telephone interview within 1 week of application
    3) Telephonic interview with hiring manager and peer
    4) Received request for in-person interview in a week
    5) In person interview included 4 person panel (peers and manager's peers) followed by HR
    6) Received second request for In-person interview with
     hiring manager and director
    7) I followed up with HR after two weeks for feedback; HR promptly responded-the position was filled by internal candidate

The treatment was professional; Every time I walked into the office I was given a folder with the interviewer names and photograph and bottle of water.
    During the whole process I was interviewed by 8 people; WoW.
    (At step 5 I was informed that there were internal candidates for the position)

Electricity Market Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York ISO (Albany, NY).

Interview

First interviewed by two technical manager, then talk with HR. The process is start with a go through of the resume, then some technical question. The HR was mostly talking about the behavior question

Interview Questions

• How do you communicate with other term worker on a joint project?   Answer Question

Market Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York ISO (Schenectady, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

First phone interview with hiring manager and another team member. Then got onsite invitation within one week. The onsite interview (9am-12am) would go through a director and a HR assistant (each for 30min), followed by those two in the phone interview (for 1 hour). Interview is not difficult. General and high-level questions from the director, all behavior questions from HR, and mainly technical questions and resume questions from the manager.

Interview Questions

• General and high-level questions from the director, all behavior questions from HR, and mainly technical questions and resume questions from the manager.   Answer Question