Newark Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2017

2.7

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Newark Public Schools (Newark, NJ).

Interview

I applied through Teach Newark and was immediately contacted by two schools within one week. I interviewed with one school and was told to come prepared to give a 30 minute demo lesson. I met with the principal and vice principal, was asked 10 questions and gave the demo lesson to a group of 8 students.

Per Diem Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Newark Public Schools (Newark, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

Basically asked "what would you do in this situation...?" It was very quick. We were all assigned interview appointment times. You show up for your appointment ..no resume necessary. You wait for one of the three interviewers to call your name. Once your called you have a seat directly across from whom ever will conduct the interview. You greet shake hands and wait for the interview to begin.

Interview Questions

• Do you think it is appropriate to verbally or physically abuse a student you are assigned with?   Answer Question

Substitute Teacher of Mathematics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newark Public Schools (Newark, NJ).

Interview

There wasn't really a process. During training, everyone needed to attended in order to receive your certification for substitute teaching. communication was good between employer and me....questions were related to teaching...demonstration was of 30 mins advice for the candidates:be sure,bold and let the clearity be in your language

School Psychology Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Newark Public Schools.

Interview

They were very nice. It went well they had alot of people interviewing for the job it was god though. People were very nice nice working enviorment. would go again.

Future Business Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newark Public Schools (Newark, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

It was pretty simple and quick. They asked me several questions ranging from my previous work experience, if I had any, to what would I do if a certain situation were to arise while I was on the job.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Newark Public Schools (Newark, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of several of several components, starting with a telephone interview, followed by a leaderless group activity with the other candidates with at least 8 observers, a behavior based interview with two interviewers and a role play.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an administrator asked you to do something that goes against your values?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation; salary was offered and accepted.

ADMINISTRATIVE AST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livingston, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Newark Public Schools (Livingston, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

assessment test, however I met with about two very friendly team leaders. I enjoyed meeting them both and as of today I have developed a good relationship after the interview process which lead to a very good friendship.

Interview Questions

• What could I bring to the company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not difficult at all, in fact due to my experience we negotiated a better salary then was offered.

English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Newark Public Schools.

Interview

I took an atypical route to the position; I was interviewed via Teach For America first, then went to the school and did another in-person interview, sample lesson, and written exercise. Only after I was offered the position (via phone) did I fill out the "formal" Newark Public Schools application.

Interview Questions

• I cannot recall specific questions, but there were several pointed questions about measuring and tracking data, as well as questions regarding alternative learning styles and classroom management. All pretty standard fare for education.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newark Public Schools (Newark, NJ).

Interview

It took 2 weeks to get a call from them. The first round was telephonic which lasted 30 mins

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Newark Public Schools (Newark, NJ) in August 2013.

Interview

Great, lovely. I felt confident and the people were nice. During my first interview, I was asked a series of questions about my background. I felt that the people wanted me on board from the moment I said "hello." During the second interview, more questions were asked, but I felt confident that I would get the job.