Newfield Exploration Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Newfield Exploration Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2018

2.8

Accounting Interview

Interview

Applied online, got a call for an interview the next week. Met with several different people in accounting and an hr rep. It’s been more than a month and I have not heard back from anyone at the company. Two weeks after my interview I reached out to the hr rep who scheduled the interview and left a message, never heard back...

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Newfield Exploration (Tulsa, OK) in September 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 people, both male and of young age. I was asked in the most part general questions... nothing technical. They asked about my previous experience and expected me to question them by the end of the interview. I didn't get the job, did not know anyone inside the company and heard back 4 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experience   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Newfield Exploration.

Interview

I was called two days after submitting my resume and asked to come in the following day for an hour and a half long interview where I met with HR, two higher ups in the dept, then the dept lead. A week later I was called and asked to come in for a final 30 minute interview with the VP of the dept.

Interview Questions

• Very typical interview questions such as "Why Newfield?" "What will you bring to the team?" "What are your strengths/weaknesses?" etc.   Answer Question

Materials Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Newfield Exploration (College Station, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Meet with Materials Manager during Career-Fair, connected from the get-go. After close to a week and half, got an email inviting me to an online interview. Interview lasted for about 30-40 minutes via online program similar to 'Skype' . Very easy going interview, make sure you let them know why you want to work there, why the oil and gas industry and how you can be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time effectively in order to accomplish your goals?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Newfield Exploration in January 2017.

Interview

Experience was very pleasant and things moved in a timely fashion. HR was pleasant to work with and so were the folks I interviewed with. Overall experience was a great one!

Production Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Newfield Exploration (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I was sent by an agency to interview for a Production Tech position. I interviewed with 5 people, HR, hiring mgr and 3 engineers. I got a call 2 days later and finalized the position a few days after that.

Interview Questions

• What was a goal that you have accomplished   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newfield Exploration.

Interview

Interacted through email. The people I interviewed with were great people that really tried to calm me down during the interview. The questions were difficult, but they accepted all of my answers very politely even if I didn't give the answer they were really searching for. They are definitely looking for a person that is the right fit for the company, so answer all questions honestly, and if they feel you are a good fit for the position they will offer you a job.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to convince to believe in something that they originally did not.   1 Answer

Entry Level Petroleum Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Newfield Exploration in September 2014.

Interview

Applied for the position through the career fair at my university. Two weeks later I received an email prompting me to schedule an on campus interview with them. The interview was an hour long and was comprised of two Newfield representatives and myself. One of the Newfield interviewers was a younger reservoir engineer who graduated from the university I attend. The other was a woman from the corporate headquarters who was in the HR department. Both were very friendly, personable interviewers and made it easy to feel comfortable and confident. The questions asked during the interview were predominately based off of my past internships from my resume, which they both had in front of them. There were no nonsensical behavioral questions and the interview went smoothly. Unfortunately, I did not get the job, but none the less, it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked for specific details and duties of the my previous internships. Just have thorough knowledge of what you have done in the past.   Answer Question

Drilling Engineer Interview

Interview

It is a standard interview process. I found out about it through a career fair my school had. I got the interview after a review of my application. The interview was general behavior questions as well as some questions about experience and classes I enjoyed or did not do so well in. This was a simple and painless interview.

Interview Questions

• If you had to be a knife, fork or spoon, which would you be and why?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Newfield Exploration.

Interview

Newfield was very accommodating and was very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us how people who least like you would describe you.   Answer Question