Newfield Exploration Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 9, 2018

2.8

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Newfield Exploration (The Woodlands, TX).

Interview

I contacted NFX through my on-campus recruiting services. I attended a pre-interview dinner which really helped me to get hired. The company seemed like a typical place to work and the employees were very laid back for an oil and gas company. I had one behavioral interview with 2 employees, one of which was at the dinner.

Interview Questions

• If you had a 30 second TV commercial about your life, what would be in it?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Newfield Exploration in January 2017.

Interview

Experience was very pleasant and things moved in a timely fashion. HR was pleasant to work with and so were the folks I interviewed with. Overall experience was a great one!

Materials Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Newfield Exploration (College Station, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Meet with Materials Manager during Career-Fair, connected from the get-go. After close to a week and half, got an email inviting me to an online interview. Interview lasted for about 30-40 minutes via online program similar to 'Skype' . Very easy going interview, make sure you let them know why you want to work there, why the oil and gas industry and how you can be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time effectively in order to accomplish your goals?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Newfield Exploration.

Interview

I was called two days after submitting my resume and asked to come in the following day for an hour and a half long interview where I met with HR, two higher ups in the dept, then the dept lead. A week later I was called and asked to come in for a final 30 minute interview with the VP of the dept.

Interview Questions

• Very typical interview questions such as "Why Newfield?" "What will you bring to the team?" "What are your strengths/weaknesses?" etc.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Interview

Applied online, got a call for an interview the next week. Met with several different people in accounting and an hr rep. It’s been more than a month and I have not heard back from anyone at the company. Two weeks after my interview I reached out to the hr rep who scheduled the interview and left a message, never heard back...

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Newfield Exploration.

Interview

Newfield was very accommodating and was very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us how people who least like you would describe you.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Newfield Exploration (Houston, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

Very organized interview - arranged through HR. In 5 hours I met with 6 people - two virtually via skype/lync.
    Looking primarily for a cultural fit, secondarily for strong project delivery skills.

Interview Questions

• What best practices would you use with a distributed team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were supportive of my requests, but very firm on offer limits.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Newfield Exploration (Houston, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

The HR Rep was very welcoming yet forward with the expectations of the position. There were many positive traits that the interviewers and the staffing agency focused on which helped ease the interviewing jitters. All interviewers were ready with a packet of the job posting, timed interview schedule and prewritten notes on my resume. You can tell they knew what traits they were looking for and what precautions they have had to highlight from previous candidates. They did not sugar coat the company's standing nor the position. They were very upfront and very proud of the company they worked for.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle office politics?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience with companies that are going through growing pains?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Vacation time and Flex time limitations

Drilling Engineer Interview

Interview

It is a standard interview process. I found out about it through a career fair my school had. I got the interview after a review of my application. The interview was general behavior questions as well as some questions about experience and classes I enjoyed or did not do so well in. This was a simple and painless interview.

Interview Questions

• If you had to be a knife, fork or spoon, which would you be and why?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newfield Exploration.

Interview

Interacted through email. The people I interviewed with were great people that really tried to calm me down during the interview. The questions were difficult, but they accepted all of my answers very politely even if I didn't give the answer they were really searching for. They are definitely looking for a person that is the right fit for the company, so answer all questions honestly, and if they feel you are a good fit for the position they will offer you a job.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to convince to believe in something that they originally did not.   1 Answer