Newgistics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.8

Regional Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Newgistics (New York, NY).

Interview

4 interviews and a drug and hogan test.
    2 phone interviews were easy, basic HR questions
    The face to face with the VP of sales and the director of sales in Austin is where you get the job. You tour the facility and get to know the team.
    If you make it past them you will go through a drug and background screen which takes a few days and you have to do a Skype interview and finish with a Hogan Assessment.

It was all pretty easy but the Hogan was more of a pain in the butt rather than hard.

Interview Questions

• The interview is extremely laid back, no taxing questions. They are more looking to how you can control a meeting and your demeanor.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Newgistics (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Met with three people; two employees who I'd work with, and an upper-manager. The chat with the employees were very casual and easy. Upper manager was a little intimidating, but the interview was still was fair and not too stressful. In between, I got a chance to tour the office and meet various employees.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be successful at this position?   Answer Question
    • What do you hope to get out of the internship when you finish?   Answer Question
    • What skills would you need help with in order to be successful?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Newgistics (Austin, TX).

Interview

Numerous phone interviews with VP of different Sales divisions and HR. Face to Face in Austin, TX
    Round table of interviews with various members of management of different departments.
    Drug Test and Background test prior to offer. Then another round of phone interviews and HR.
    HR was extremely involved with the interview process from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• Constant question- Why are you leaving your current position.   Answer Question

Facility Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Newgistics (Austin, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Initial screening through a recruiter. Multiple phone interviews with various members of management. Aptitude testing. Final meeting with VP and support staff. Interaction on a near-daily basis with the recruitment firm . . . covering everything from anticipated phone interviews to scheduling online testing.

Interview Questions

• Most memorable questions involved handling the various issues that come with managing a distribution center.   1 Answer

General Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hebron, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Newgistics (Hebron, KY).

Interview

Go through staffmark it super easy. They basically hire you on the spot if they have openings. Then you have to go through orientation which is only an hour long. Then you start the job. People there are nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Basically they had the job to you

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Newgistics.

Interview

one phone interview, following by an onsite interview

Negotiation

NO room for negotiation

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Commerce, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newgistics (Commerce, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Very detailed with interviews and had to speak with several people before getting a in person interview. Very well organized and put together, also very friendly the whole process. Each employee was very detailed with their questions and everyone seemed to really take pride in the position I was applying for and interest in me as an applicant.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Newgistics (Austin, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

Descibe previous experience, talk about how to design a system the drawback and benefits.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newgistics (Austin, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter that worked directly for Newgistics. The process consisted of a short interview by the recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager, then an on site interview. I was really interested in the company going into the interview. The on site interview lasted about 3.5 hours, and I talked to the Development Manager, a System Architect, 2 QA engineers, which at this point except for a few hard questions coming from the Architect, I was feeling pretty good about the interview. More than 1 person pointed out their fully stocked "kitchen" saying that you could eat all your meals there (big red flag here) the kitchen consisted of a small galley kitchen with a single refrigerator.

I then was to talk the the HR person which is usually a pretty easy interview. Well I was really surprised when it turned into an interrogation. She wanted to know why I left each of my previous positions, and what my salary was at each job. She then asked me about working overtime (another red flag) and I answered that I had no problem working overtime occasionally, She wanted to know what I meant by "occasionally". (that red flag is really high now). After the 30 minute interrogation, I talked to the hiring manager. It went pretty well, although I did not get that warm fuzzy feeling. He told me that they would make a decision fast and I could expect to hear from them in a day or 2.

After 2 days, I called the recruiter and asked if they had made a decision yet. She told me that they were still interviewing. At this point I decided I was really not interested anyways. I called her again a week later, and again she gave me the "still interviewing" answer. So 2 weeks after the interview, I send the recruiter an email basically saying that since I hadn't heard from her I assume that they were no longer interested in me. She responded the next day with a canned "sorry not interested" email.

The overall impression of the company was one that probably worked a lot of hours, and the office space was crowded. The developer/QA ratio seemed kind of high.

Interview Questions

• Architect gave me an diagram of their entire system, and asked how I would test it.   Answer Question

Receiving Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Newgistics (Fishers, IN) in September 2010.

Interview

Was interviewed by an employment agency.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals with this company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/a