Newk's Eatery Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Newk's Eatery Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2017

1.5

Front of House Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Newk's Eatery.

Interview

Walked in and asked for the manager. Got hired and was working in less than a week. Asked maybe one question. They are always hiring because of really high turnover. They also generally hire a lot of teenagers. Unfortunately, they can seem to differentiate between teens that want to work and the lazy kind of teenager. Leads to issues once they are hired.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Counter Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Newk's Eatery (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was very precise and kind while he spoke to me. He was very fast paced and thorough with every I was question asked. It seemed as though he was very interested in what skills I had to offer. The fact that I was made an offer ensuring me that I'd be contacted if any weekend positions opened was very helpful and put me at ease once the interview was complete.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me a little bit about yourself?
      Q: When are you available?
      Q: How did you find out about this job?
      Q: Are you only able to work the part time shift?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

My advice to any future "interviewees" would be to make sure they are prepared for anything coming their way. Be prepared to move quickly and answer quickly. Lastly, if you ever feel like anything is moving to fast, it's not against the rules to take a deep breath and think.

Counter Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nacogdoches, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newk's Eatery (Nacogdoches, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a 2 part interview process. I applied and about 1-2 weeks later I was called for an interview. The first one I met with I believe the assistant manager and we just talked about recent experiences, a little bit about the company, what made me apply, etc. It was very easy. The second one, I met with the general manager, she asked a little more about why I applied, did I have any experience, and a little about myself. The first interview was on Wednesday, the second on Friday, I got offered the position and did orientation the same day.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Newk's Eatery (Cary, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

It was short because the manager was impressed with my past work experience and hired me right away, but after the interview, she gave me the position I asked for which was great.

Interview Questions

• What were some duties you performed in your previous job?   1 Answer
    • Why are you leaving your current job?   1 Answer

Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Newk's Eatery (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2016.

Interview

No interview. Phone call telling me I was hired. An assistant manager called me after I filed my application online. There was a folder full of employment documents to digitally sign and only one chance to print all of them. Later changing my pay to direct deposit required obtaining a form from my bank but after that it was the next week when direct deposit started. Their corporate functions are very efficient but they allow young managers too much leeway.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Newk's Eatery (Nashville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

It was simple and by a script. Just show lots of energy and ability to work hard and it will not be hard to tget. The biggest issue I would say is to get everything in writing. That is about it lol.

Interview Questions

• what did you do the last time someone shared gossip with you   1 Answer

Front of House Partner Interview

Interview

very informal, guy barely knew what he was doing. said he was new to the company and basically told me about his entire newk's experience rather than interviewing me and asking questions.

Expediter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newk's Eatery (Clearwater, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

The store is still under construction so the interview was conducted outside. The application was pretty simple but it did require a six problem math part to be done without a calculator. Just basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. The interviewer was very nice, up tone and loved working for this company.

Interview Questions

• What specific job I thought I would be best at doing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just offered hourly pay of $9.00 an hour.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Newk's Eatery (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

"tell us about yourself" and other generic questions. They clearly looked up basic interview questions online. It wasn't difficult. I need to put at least eleven more words. I am now done.

Front of House Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Newk's Eatery (Jackson, MS) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview took 2 days. The first interview was basic stuff, describe yourself, what are your goals, why do you want to work for Newks. The second interview involved 2 people, the manager and the supervisor. I was only asked the question to describe myself and my goals and I didn't go through the rest of the questions before I was hired.

Interview Questions

• How would your friends describe you?   1 Answer