NexJ Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NexJ Systems Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2017

2.7

Quality Assurance Analyst (Coop) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NexJ Systems (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I only had one interview with the manager, going through my past work and school experiences. I had to answer typical behavioral questions. I didn't have to answer any technical questions.

They were very quick and I heard back from them in a weeks time.

Interview Questions

NexJ Systems Response

Mar 8, 2017 – SVP, HR

Thank you for your remarks. It is great to hear that you found the interview process to be efficient, and that it resulted in an offer! We can't wait to have you as part of the team for the upcoming ... More

QA Analyst () Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NexJ Systems (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

A lot of it was behavioural based. Given that most of the applicants are first-years, they don't expect too much from a technically. Definitely work on the introduce yourself question. Half the interview was about answering lateral thinking questions.

Interview Questions

NexJ Systems Response

Mar 8, 2017 – SVP, HR

Your feedback is appreciated, and I am happy to learn that you felt as though your interview experience at NexJ was positive. We are working towards making the candidate experience the best it can ... More

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NexJ Systems.

Interview

Telephonic interview with behavioral questions which lasted for about 30 minutes.I was said that i'll be having a coding test which i didn't have. Also I was said that i'll be contacted in 2 weeks after the telephonic interview but didn't get any response until I contacted them.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, questions based on past experience and situational questions.   Answer Question

Mar 8, 2017 – SVP, HR

We are very sorry to learn that you had a negative interview experience. We are working towards making our hiring process more seamless, and improving our communication during the selection process ... More

Framework Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NexJ Systems in October 2016.

Interview

I got a code test first. Then in the interview, the questions are mainly about the test I've done and some other technique questions about database, software design patterns, etc.

Interview Questions

NexJ Systems Response

Mar 8, 2017 – SVP, HR

Hello. I would like to thank you for your inputs, as improving the candidate experience is very important to us at NexJ. We strongly welcome any and all feedback. With that being said, your interest ... More

Framework Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NexJ Systems in October 2016.

Interview

2hrs independent writing test including 4 programming and several questions, and it is a whiteborad test. After that I took a 2hrs following up face to face interview by the team lead on the same day last four hours.

Interview Questions

• Writing test:
      1.Reverse a string.
      2. Make a Integer type to String without library.
      3. Binary search.
      4. Basic knowledge like what is object, encapsulation, abstraction, polymorphism, inheritance.
      5. Difference between java been and java been enterprise.
      6. Why stateless system is more scalable than state one.
      7. Difference between trigger and stored process.
      8. Soap and Mir-IHOP.
      Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NexJ Systems in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted a couple of days after my application for the role online. NexJ outsources/works with a 3rd party company (Talentminded) to complete the first stage of the interview process.

The first part is a phone screen, and all behavioural - the interviewer is simply taking notes down to present to NexJ's recruiters. The recruiter knows as much about NexJ as the script that they have written down - anything about the role, specific questions about culture were left unanswered.

I didn't make it pass the phone screen, and received a standard rejection 2 weeks later. The phone screen was all about your resume and experiences. Typical questions like "tell me a time you worked as a leader", etc.

Overall, it was mostly a quick process, but I am not entirely certain I enjoyed it - not especially since there wasn't a whole lot of substance discussed in the ~40 minute phone screen. It was essentially me firing off answers to 1 sentence questions. This speaks more to the way NexJ has set up their process, and nothing to do with the interviewer that I had. The interviewer was friendly and to the point, which I enjoyed.

I also received constructive feedback on why I wasn't selected to proceed in the interview process, something that's rare in today's landscape. Definitely reach out to your recruiter if you want to know what you can improve on for next time.

Interview Questions

NexJ Systems Response

Oct 13, 2016 – Head of Talent

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. As the SVP HR at NexJ Systems, my priority is to build and retain a great team. Delivering a great candidate experience is very ... More

Customer Support Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at NexJ Systems (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Internal Employee Recommendation
    Phone Interview

The interviewer (Probably 3rd Party) kept asking the repeated questions with broken English but i was very polite and answered pretty well because of existing experience in similar industry (Existing Employer named as Fortune 1000 by Forbes), The tone of interviewer was sounding biased and as i expected they sent me a rejection email a week after that i don't possess customer technical support experience which was 101% false (very well versed with customer retention and i was very sound on FCR as my core competency).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about youself and many other repeated questions written on piece of paper and s/he was reading   Answer Question

Nov 21, 2016 – Head of Talent

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your interview. We are always seeking ways to improve our candidate experience. We appreciate your interest in NexJ and understand your ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at NexJ Systems (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied to position in early May, got an email from agency (talentminded) for phone interview. To go over resume (background).

There was no technical question, other than which language to you prefer the most to write complex code?

Behavioral questions per usually.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NexJ Systems (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

the interview took 15 min
    questions were simple behaviour questions
    the lady i talked to was really nice
    ask lots of questions based on my resume
    process took 3 days
    there were no technical questions (for phone interview)
    got a rejection email 2 days later

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NexJ Systems.

Interview

Phone interview with HR company (TalentMinded), primarily behavioral questions with a few basic software-related questions. The person setting up the interview via email was nice, however the person who interviewed me had an enthusiam of -10, she sounded like a robot who was programmed to hate her job. Interview lasted around 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time that you could not finish the product on time.
      Q: What are some tech websites that you visit on a regular basis?
      Q: What design patterns have you used?
      Q: Why did you choose this as your career path?
      Answer Question