Nexenta Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nexenta Systems Interview Questions

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nexenta Systems

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nexenta Systems in September 2014.

Interview

1:1 and team meetings
    phone
    background checks
    use cases
    quota attainments
    relationships
    cutomers and partners
    Storage technology
    quite detail questionaire on market, competition and customer trends

interview process overall comprehensive and demanding but fair
    great opportunity to meet the team and understand personalities and what to expect.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nexenta Systems (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

After brief phone interview with D. (one of the co-founder) came in person to their Santa Clara office. The on-site interview was a technical group interview (my favorite type) and at the end of the interview I was offered the job. I did not negotiate much, just accepted it. In the evening I received an e-mail from D. that they would like to proceed with the offer on agreed terms. I wrote that it's fine. Later I received an e-mail that some more people would like to speak with me. Little did I know that the interviewing process - after the offer - is NOT OVER!!!

The "problem"guy turned out to be the other co-founder, A. I was warned before talking to him that somehow he does not like me (we never met before). At the end of the day I was told, they would rather proceed with offering me a consultant position - on some shaky terms (no one in sane mind would accept). One day later D. called me and told, the company would withdraw the offer co

I never seen such an unfair practice. During the interview with A. I immediately did see, I am dealing with a workplace-bully. So in some sense I saved myself a vert unpleasant experience later. I think, the company faces a big challenge how to deal with "A" in person.

Interview Questions

• Q (in Russian): What did you do at Apple?
      A (in Russian, with some pride): Wrote the 68K debugger nub
      Q (in Russian - with some disgust on face): That was long ago, what else you can tell me?

The bullying style of this gentleman was in very big contrast with my experience with other people in this company. I can't understand how it could happen. I do not want to deal with this company anymore, under no circumstances.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted the offer ( $130K / years + shares) - but two days later the company verbally did withdraw the offer. The explanation was vague at best

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nexenta Systems (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I talked to one of the founders over the phone. He accessed my skills for the task for which he was hiring (devops using chef). He then invited me to an in-person interview. The interview was non-technical and we just talked about my past experiences, skills, and what I am looking for going forward. I was then offered a contract-to-hire deal.

Interview Questions

• You have your own software development company. How many clients do you currently have?   1 Answer

Director of Channel Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nexenta Systems (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

the interview process ran smoothly, the HR manager was very responsive and everyone was quite friendly. There was one round with the whole marketing team and several rounds with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• how would you proceed with evaluating the effectiveness of the channel   1 Answer

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Nexenta Systems (Houston, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

been good, for a small growing company its great. Rest it was pretty regular.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

yes, go for it, negotiate to the best you can.