Next Step Living Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Next Step Living Interview Questions

2.5

Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Next Step Living (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was extremely easy. Most of the questions were about the work I had done at my past jobs. They also asked how long I had been at each job and why I left. Also, what my career goals were and skills and experiences I had that I could bring to that company. I was asked when I could start during the interview. I was not asked for references.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I was comfortable being outside in all weather conditions   Answer Question

OER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Next Step Living (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

it was very confusing. nobody wanted to take their time to interview me. people were excited and seemed like they knew what they were talking about but it was very scattered and the company moves and changes things and details so much and so frequently you never knew what was true.

Interview Questions

• Have you had sales experience before?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Next Step Living (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

One brief in-person interview with manager and assistant. Before that fairly scripted screening. Saw my qualifications and seemed to make a pretty quick decision, offering me a position on the spot and going into details about pay.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Next Step Living (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

You will meet with the manager for the first time, chi is time for getting to know each other. Then you will got to the other Senior management staff to get involved in the environment and getting to know they values and goals for the future.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a contingency while you were in the middle of a sale?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Next Step Living.

Interview

After applying online for another job, I was told via email that I might be a good fit for another position. I had a phone interview, followed by two one-on-one in person interviews. The phone interview was very laid back. (Although I still recommend preparing for it by re-reading the job description a few times and thinking about why you would make sense for that role, going over their website, and looking up interview questions.)

Interview Questions

• Questions were fairly standard.

As long as you research the company, its mission, and standard interview questions prior, nothing will throw you off.
      Answer Question

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Next Step Living (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

After working for 6 months in another department (first job out of school) I applied to a new division opening in the company. Very exciting. After about 2 weeks I was selected for a phone screen and interview. 2 weeks after that the decision came through, and the transition between departments took approximately 2 more.

Home Energy Advisor Interview

Interview

The company's hiring process is very similar to their sales techniques. Make grandiose claims, promises they can't keep, try to convince you they are doing good for the planet. It doesn't take long to realize that the only way to hit the incentives numbers they promise you is to work the maximum hours, and pressure your customers into taking sales visits they don't want and/or don't need. This entire company is a sales and marketing show, they have no interest in, or knowledge of, the energy efficiency or home improvement industry. As soon as they make a sale, they are on to the next one, and the customer is given little guidance in navigating the incentive process, the financing options, or how to operate their new system. Similarly, with regard to their employees, they employ a sink or swim strategy, constantly shift the targets and how you are incentivized/compensated, and when you burn out they tell you that "maybe this job isn't the best fit for you..."

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Next Step Living in November 2014.

Interview

Basic sales interview. Discussed experience. Why I wanted the job. Why they should hire me. Asked what type of environment I liked to work in. Was interviewed by two women. One tried to put up a tough demeanor.

Director, Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Next Step Living (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

First step consisted of a phone screen with the VP of Human Resources. Based upon this poor experience, I would not be inclined to move to the next phase (nor would I recommend referring someone from my network).

Interview Questions

• Honestly, the interviewer did not ask any meaningful or difficult questions; rather, he chose to fixate on my tenure with past organizations. In retrospect, his approach was antagonistic (really, the worst interview ever).   1 Answer
    • Again, really wished the VP of HR had asked me questions pertaining to strategy, sourcing channels, applicants tracking systems, metrics -- something purposeful.   Answer Question

Lead Home Energy Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Next Step Living (New Haven, CT) in October 2014.

Interview

Answered an ad on Craigslist for Lead Home Energy Adviser. Sent resume, received email from recruiter in MA asking for times we could set up phone interview. Phone interview with Collin, he told me about the company, and got some background on me any my experience. Collin mentioned that there was also a sales aspect to the job, which I knew there would be, and explained the salary and how it worked. Starting salary is $30,000 for training period, then jumps to $40, 000 after plus commissions. Sounded good to me. Also worth mentioning, work week is Tuesday-Sat, not M-F. Phone interview went well, set up group/in person interview for one week later in New Haven, CT.
         In person interview completely different story. Group interview was three of us. Sat through a presentation about company and their "mission". Basically, this is a sales job. People at in person interview could not care less about technical background, or building and hands on experience. Most questions in the 1 on 1 interview were about my ability to sell, what I liked and didn't like about sales. We were told they cannot complete their "mission" of reducing our carbon footprint unless people actually make improvements to their homes which you are supposed to sell to them. Overall it was a good experience. They should be more clear about what they are looking for from the beginning. I thought they were looking for people who knew about building efficiency. Apparently they are looking for sales people who are willing to get their hands dirty.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you want to make?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about the last time you were competitive....   Answer Question