Nexteer Automotive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nexteer Automotive Interview Questions

Interviews at Nexteer Automotive

2.6

Computer Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive in May 2014.

Interview

Interviews (approx. 4, each for different positions) were all laid back and friendly. No trick questions or mindgames. Honestly felt like they were trying to get to know me instead of grill me. These interviews were near the end of my internship and were for full time positions. 3 hour long time slots back to back with 2, 2, and 4 people respectively. All had the same comfortable feeling. The interview that got me the internship in the first place, again, had the same air of comfort to it.

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult or unexpected. The interviews were literally a conversation.   Answer Question

Everyone I met was friendly and helpful, but I do not care for the area (Saginaw, it is quite boring) nor the focus of the work. Electric power steering isn't the most exciting thing, and the engineering side is a lot of desk work. I turned down the offer after interning.

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive (Saginaw, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied the job through company website. One day after I completed the job application, the job recruiter informed me that my resume had been forwarded to hiring manager. After one month, the job recruiter called me Nexteer wanted have a phone interview. The phone interview went pretty good, at the end of phone interview, the hiring manager said the HR will schedule an onsite interview. The onsite interview was taken in Saginaw, MI.

Interview Questions

• At the beginning of the interview, presented a roughly 40 minute presentation which includes personal strengths and skills. After presentation, the questions included what is your biggest achievement(s)? Why you want work for Nexteer?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive.

Interview

Phone interview followed by on-site

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive (Saginaw, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process was simple. I had approached the company's kiosk during the career fair at my university and had a conversation with their representative. I did not hear from them for about 3 weeks after which they scheduled a technical interview. The interview was purely focused on knowledge of domains useful for steering system development.

Interview Questions

Had a better offer from another company!

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive (Saginaw, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

Interviewed at campus location and then over the phone with a different set of interviewers. Process was very quick and only took a month or two to get an offer. Overall was a great experience.

Application

Interview

Online application and on campus interview

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive (Saginaw, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview over phone and then 3 in person. Each person is a hiring manager for a department. After interview you will be told that HR will contact you. If you don't hear back in 2 weeks contact them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive (Champaign, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied via my schools career fair and I had a phone interview the following day. I got an on-the-spot interview because I did related automotive clubs and was a junior with the proper coursework which is what the guy asked alot during the career fair.

Interview Questions

• What is a MOSFET?
      what is a Diode?
      Tell me about___on your resume and what you did
      Why Nexteer?   1 Answer

Materials Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive in September 2015.

Interview

Next day interview from a career fair. Very simple questions asked to get a very general idea of your compatibility for the position. The recruiters were very friendly. All applicants were taken out to dinner.

Interview Questions

• Describe my role in my research experience and why I enjoy it   Answer Question
    • What made you interested in this company and position?   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive (Saginaw, MI) in January 2012.

Interview

Met on-campus recruiter at engineering career fair, applied for job online, and was contacted several weeks later for phone interview. Was impressed as HR actually followed up well within the estimated time I had been told, and set up an in-person interview at the site in Saginaw. I interviewed with four engineering managers from different plants and from the central offices. Mostly behavioral/situational interview questions, as well as some about my technical background.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about my experience with different types of equipment that I would be dealing with in a manufacturing job, which was different from most of the more behavioral interview questions in the interview.   Answer Question