Nexteer Automotive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nexteer Automotive Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.6

Control Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

University career fair, a control system engineer asked me three very basic questions. I first introduced my background and some projects I did in the last year. And then I talked about the positions I wanted to apply. And how I heard about nexteer.

Interview Questions

• How to determine the transfer function is stable? some questions about bold blot   1 Answer

Systems Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a Telephonic Interview. They mostly asked me basic questions related to systems engineering and systems architecting. Seems like they were looking for someone who know IBM Doors, a systems engineering software.

Interview Questions

• How do you break down high level requirements to low level requirements?   Answer Question

Motor Control Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Got Interview call from Campus Career Fair. The whole process was really smooth. First I had an on-campus interview for 45 minutes. Then another phone interview for 30 minutes. The questions were mainly based on resume and control theory.

Interview Questions

• The questions were from basic control theory. And detailed question about resume.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Functional Testing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen in early January, then invited to onsite interview (~2 weeks later) with a group of three employees. They asked both technical and behavioral questions. One interviewer also gave a tour and a test track drive. Fortunately, they paid for travel and hotel.

Interview Questions

• Discussed experience listed in resume and about my academic focuses.   Answer Question

Adas Interview

Interview

A thorough and comprehensive review of the resume. Had multiple interviews with engineers in different departments. Staff was very polite and respectful. The engineers also mentioned in detail the projects and ongoing research.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive in March 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview. Nice friendly chat in the beginning to get to know each other better. Mainly focused on my resume on what I did and what I learned from each experience.

Interview Questions

• No interview questions were asked. Typical questions about resume, why you want to work at Nexteer, and any other questions for the interviewer.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive (Saginaw, MI).

Interview

Seemed like a non standard interview from what I have heard. I started out by talking to a Nexteer representative at a school career fair and then a week and a half later after applying I got the call. The interview was very relaxed and I was given a tour of the workplace which in this case is a lab. They were mostly interested in my previous hands on experience.

Interview Questions

• What drew you to the profession of electrical engineering?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive (Troy, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

Sat with three of them, discussed myself and the position. discussed my projects and what I had to offer. Took a tour and was told they would contact me as they had other interviews to conduct. The drug screen was a hair test and the background check was done by hireright. HR now conducts everything so the interview might be a little different.

Interview Questions

• What is most important when working in a team to me?   1 Answer

Safety Engineer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive (Troy, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

First I was given a phone interview in which I was asked about my background and my graduation date and a date was set up for a on site interview.
    Then on the on site interview, there are two managers who asked me questions in turn.
    The job is about process management as well as system engineer.

Interview Questions

• ask me about questions on my resume and behavior questions about leadership   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive (Saginaw, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

The entire interview process consisted of meeting with two different groups of two engineers as they reviewed my resume and asked me questions. Most questions were about my past job experience and some were about what specifically appealed to me about a job at Nexteer. One of the engineer then took me through a tour of one of the plants and took me to lunch. The whole process took around 4 hours.