Nexteer Automotive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nexteer Automotive Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.6

Adas Interview

Interview

A thorough and comprehensive review of the resume. Had multiple interviews with engineers in different departments. Staff was very polite and respectful. The engineers also mentioned in detail the projects and ongoing research.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive in March 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview. Nice friendly chat in the beginning to get to know each other better. Mainly focused on my resume on what I did and what I learned from each experience.

Interview Questions

• No interview questions were asked. Typical questions about resume, why you want to work at Nexteer, and any other questions for the interviewer.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive (Saginaw, MI).

Interview

Seemed like a non standard interview from what I have heard. I started out by talking to a Nexteer representative at a school career fair and then a week and a half later after applying I got the call. The interview was very relaxed and I was given a tour of the workplace which in this case is a lab. They were mostly interested in my previous hands on experience.

Interview Questions

• What drew you to the profession of electrical engineering?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive (Troy, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

Sat with three of them, discussed myself and the position. discussed my projects and what I had to offer. Took a tour and was told they would contact me as they had other interviews to conduct. The drug screen was a hair test and the background check was done by hireright. HR now conducts everything so the interview might be a little different.

Interview Questions

• What is most important when working in a team to me?   1 Answer

Safety Engineer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive (Troy, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

First I was given a phone interview in which I was asked about my background and my graduation date and a date was set up for a on site interview.
    Then on the on site interview, there are two managers who asked me questions in turn.
    The job is about process management as well as system engineer.

Interview Questions

• ask me about questions on my resume and behavior questions about leadership   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive (Saginaw, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

The entire interview process consisted of meeting with two different groups of two engineers as they reviewed my resume and asked me questions. Most questions were about my past job experience and some were about what specifically appealed to me about a job at Nexteer. One of the engineer then took me through a tour of one of the plants and took me to lunch. The whole process took around 4 hours.

Production/Assembly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive (Saginaw, MI).

Interview

Received an application through the State of Michigan Employment Office in Saginaw. Filled out the application and mailed it in. A few days later, I received a call to come to the plant and go through the interview process. Brief, straightforward interview process. Sat in Hiring Manager's office, answered a few questions. Went to another area of the plant, to go through the drug testing and physical evaluations. Told to report for work about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you're a good candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive (Champaign, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied via my schools career fair and I had a phone interview the following day. I got an on-the-spot interview because I did related automotive clubs and was a junior with the proper coursework which is what the guy asked alot during the career fair.

Interview Questions

• What is a MOSFET?
      what is a Diode?
      Tell me about___on your resume and what you did
      Why Nexteer?
      1 Answer

Safety Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive (Midland, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

Very well planned. On time, lots of question & Answer time. the HR rep had a schedule that was planned from start to finish for the whole 4 hours I was there. Each manager spent an hour with me going over all the details that the job required. The organization was a new start up business for the area of the tri-cities.

Interview Questions

• What was the must difficult thing you had to do in order to stand out with your last company.   1 Answer

Materials Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive in September 2015.

Interview

Next day interview from a career fair. Very simple questions asked to get a very general idea of your compatibility for the position. The recruiters were very friendly. All applicants were taken out to dinner.

Interview Questions

• Describe my role in my research experience and why I enjoy it   Answer Question
    • What made you interested in this company and position?   Answer Question