Ngee Ann Polytechnic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ngee Ann Polytechnic Interview Questions

Interviews at Ngee Ann Polytechnic

3.2

Contract Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ngee Ann Polytechnic.

Interview

Received an email notification of my interview. Indicated for me to bring down the necessary documents for their background check.

Normal waiting area and a written test after the verbal interview.

Adjunct Lecturer Interview

Interview

Informal interiews that involved 3 personnel at any time. There were 2 rounds of interview. There was also a presentation round. The waiting process for the offer can be quite long.

Adjunct Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ngee Ann Polytechnic (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2017.

Interview

A panel of current head of department will question you regarding your thoughts on students and how you manage them. The main idea is to share with them your take on education and how you can fit into their work culture. So it's best to ask them questions as well to let them know you can align to their space with relevant skill sets.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage a class with very fast learners and very slow learners.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ngee Ann Polytechnic (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2013.

Interview

It was 2-phase process. In the first phase, it is a panel interview with the school (faculty) you applied which requires interviewees to provide a demo teaching and write an essay as other public service. The 2nd phase is another round of panel interview with the principal for formality purpose.

Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ngee Ann Polytechnic in January 2008.

Interview

Interview with Presentation

Interview Questions

• What is the reason for changing Job and applying for this appointment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ngee Ann Polytechnic (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2014.

Interview

2 rounds of interview.
    First round was with the Director, Deputy Directors, and Course Managers.
    Second round was with the HR, Deputy Principal, and Principal.
    1 presentation:
    5 minutes to present on a topic that you are applying to teach.
    1 written essay:
    Topic: Do you think values can be taught to our students? Why or why not?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to teach?
      How is your previous experience useful in the teaching job?   1 Answer

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ngee Ann Polytechnic (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2012.

Interview

Three Stages
    - Group Interview
    [A group scenario to evaluate everyone against each other and to see who stands out]
    - Leader's Interview
    [Three to one scenario to evaluate job fit/ motivations et al.]
    - Officer's Interview
    [One to one scenario to evaluate job fit/ motivations et al.]

The results was posted onto the website with approximately 50 names from the 500-700 people who applied for the interview.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Ngee Ann Polytechnic (Singapore (South Africa)) in January 2014.

Interview

be very well dressed and speak very well. never mind if u cannot do. just be an Oscar winning candidate. talk to panel and panel likes u or not u will feel it

Management Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ngee Ann Polytechnic (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2014.

Interview

Panel interview with 3 department heads. General questions were asked and it was casual and friendly.
    They just want to know about you, what kind of jobs experiences you've had and what to expect for this role. And they expect me to stay long for this job.
     There was a written questionnaire after the interview which asked my opinion on the demand for polytechnic education. There was a second interview which I didn't turn up for after they contacted me.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ngee Ann Polytechnic (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2010.

Interview

Written assessment and 1st interview (informal), followed by 2nd interview (formal) with senior management.

Interview Questions

• None. Questions are very general for admin department jobs   1 Answer

Negotiation

Zero. It was take it or leave it.