NiSource Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NiSource Interview Questions

Updated Dec 14, 2017

2.7

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NiSource.

Interview

The interview process is all about making sure you are the right fit. No need for getting nervous or trying to impress them going overboard. Asking questions and understanding what the position is will make it go smooth.

Interview Questions

• Which position would you prefer?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at NiSource (San Diego, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

First have a phone interview and then go in for an interview with the company hiring people. So far fast and very nice takes a couple of weeks for the hiring process though.

Transmission Systems Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NiSource (Hammond, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied via the company website and was asked to conduct a 30 minute phone interview with HR roughly 3 weeks later. After the phone interview I was asked for an on-site visit about a week later. After the on-site visit I received a job offer within a week. Kudos to the company for being very responsive and moving quickly through the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with a manager's/coworker's decision and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • How much do you know about the company?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NiSource (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

It was a long process but they do follow standard procedures for any new hire selection. There are several steps that have to be completed before you receive a final hire offer. Review with recruiter,Test, Interview, Site Visit, receive offer, background check, drug test and final hire confirmation. All of these steps are contingent upon you passing each step during the hiring process and can take a few months to complete. However, Nisource is a great company to work for and start off pay is excellent; it is worth the wait!

Interview Questions

• How do you react when dealing with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NiSource (Merrillville, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

Got a call a few months after a career fair after they found my resume. Came into Nisource's HQ for a brief 2 on 1 interview. Basic interview, brief introduction of the interviewers followed by 2 questions followed by 4 behavioral questions. Two of the behavioral questions were the same, just reworded. At the end they give you time to ask your questions to which I started with general questions then dove into questions about their processes and what they use for efficiency. They beat around the bush with most of my questions giving me vague answers. I would imagine they would be salty if the interviewee gave answers the same way they did.

Communications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NiSource in February 2017.

Interview

The first step was a quick phone interview to get a basic understand of your skills. The second in person interview came a few weeks later and was with a panel of five directors. Lastly I was invited back for a 'conservation' with the regional President and operations director. Everything went smoothly, except after that I never heard back from the company. My emails and phone calls were never returned. Just tell me I didn't get the job don't ignore me. Unprofessional

Interview Questions

• What could we find you doing in high school?   2 Answers

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NiSource (Columbus, OH).

Interview

1-on-1 phone interview mostly going over resume, followed by a panel interview by about 4 staff members, a couple of STAR based questions. Took a long time to contact me after interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a conflict with a manager?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NiSource.

Interview

I applied online to their website. I was selected for an initial phone interview and that was a very straight forward conversation with HR. Then, I was selected for a final round interview which they did over Facetime as I am not from the area. The final round interview was about 45-min long and there were 3 finance employees and the same contact from HR. Everything was communicated well.

Finance/Accounting Interview

Interview

Applied through their website, got invited down to their company where I interviewed there. It was me and four of their employees in the interview so kinda intimidating at first, but a more conversational interview. Basic concrete questions and then four behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• How did your work not live up to your employer's or professors's expectations and what did you do to improve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Interview

Been to at least 4 or more interviews, tedious process, did job fit analysis test, passed couple, just failed last one, same answers each time i took it??, usually have had at least 1 of the same onterviewers each time, panel questions.