Ninyo & Moore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Ninyo & Moore

2.3

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ninyo & Moore (San Diego, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

First part was done by a recruiter over the phone and was asked questions I wasnt prepared to answer. It was very fast passed and not much time for asking questions or to organize your thoughts. It felt more like a screen of my skills than anything else.

Interview Questions

• What's the absolute minimum you'd be willing to accept?   1 Answer

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ninyo & Moore (New York, NY).

Interview

A one-on-one interview with the head of the division to which you applied, a tour of the office, and then they take you to a computer and have you produce a writing sample on the spot to assess your writing skills

Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ninyo & Moore (San Jose, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Two initial over the phone interviews which were very engaging and cordial. My interviewer was encouraging and positive which is hard to find in the process of job hunting. It only peaked my interest in working for the company. I can't stress enough the honest yet personable tone of the interview process with this company.

Interview Questions

• Tell ma a little about myself.   1 Answer

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ninyo & Moore (San Diego, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Had an initial phone call with the department head, then met with two senior employees to discuss my experience, and then had a final one on one meeting with the department head.

Environmental Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ninyo & Moore (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The process is very informal. Because of the downturn in the economy in Las Vegas since 2009, if you get an interview, you will likely get hired. Because Las Vegas is a small market, most potential skilled applicants know the failings of Ninyo & Moore, leaving only unskilled or unqualified applicants.

Interview Questions

• At Ninyo & Moore, we expect our employees to answer the phone 24/7 will you sleep with your phone and take it on vacation with you.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Consider the fact that the wage you negotiate will likely be the wage you have for 3 to 5 years.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ninyo & Moore in July 2011.

Interview

Sitting down with upper management is always nerve racking. When you realize that these suits are just like you in the first 5min.. you know you will be a good fit. I do everything they ask and its very above and beyond but i was aware of this requirement prior to my employment.

Interview Questions

• When you are unsure of a spec, what is your plan of action.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked they countered.. the raised they offered the highest they could... it was above average for the area.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ninyo & Moore in May 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume to HR department, received a phone call from HR department to set up interview with the Geotechnical department manager. Series of emails back and forth to set up another phone interview with 2 senior engineers/project managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most challenging engineering project that you have been involved with during past year.   Answer Question

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ninyo & Moore (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was Excellent and the questions ask was clear. Questions for the interview were direction and straight. For every question. I was given amply time to answer the question

Interview Questions

• Do you have any certification for the position applied   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ninyo & Moore (Denver, CO) in July 2013.

Interview

Seemed like a professional place to work for. I was so happy in the beginning of interview, but I should have paid more attention when the 2 Administrative personnel seemed so unhappy. AS if they wanted to give me a warning to " please save yourself - find something else". I had my driving record checked - this took about a day. A background check is also performed. Interview with Manager and Administrative personnel lasted about an hour. They mostly wanted to see my personality. After we were done, they introduced my to everyone in the office. They only asked me if I had construction experience and of course I did. I was offered the position a couple days later.

Interview Questions

• Just one - If I had ever worked in the construction industry. other than that Manager was describing the job responsibilities of the position.   1 Answer

Support Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ninyo & Moore in January 2013.

Interview

Pretty informal and unsophisticated. It is apparent that there isn't a lot of structure and thought behind the cookie cutter, one size fits all approach. Receptionist are even asked some questions meant for Engineers. Be sure to meet the owner so you really get a flavor of how you will be treated. No background check or drug screen. All you need is a decent driving record.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question
    • What is your minimum salary?   Answer Question
    • What is the distance from Los Angeles to New York?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with unpleasant and hostile people? (This is a very important since you will expected to be harassed and not complain are you will be labeled has having a bad attitude.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.