Nissan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.5

Car Salesman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nissan (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I had to be interviewed by all four salesmanager at the dealership and when I passed all four "somewhat intimidating" tasks. I was than handed my application for salesman license which I had to pay 51$ at the DMV and had to get my background check. (Another 51$) I come in three days later after applying/receiving the position and am told to come wait until they give me a call. Friday a latest they said...... Two weeks go by and I give them a call and a salesmanager tells me you made it into out candidates we will let you know within 4-5 days when to come in. And so another week went by..... Desperately in need for a job to pay for student loans I dressed up and went to the dealership. I asked to speak to a sales manager. He than texts the other sales managers and tells me to come in on Friday to start...... It was a mission. And I hope not everyone has to go through the same process.

Interview Questions

• If your customer wants to buy the new Nissan Maxima but they say hold on we'll be back because we want to check out the new Honda Civic, what do you do in that scenario?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nissan.

Interview

Applied online and had a 20 min phone interview (recruiter) within a week. 8 questions were based on the job description. More technical in nature which was a surprise. After the interview the recruiter said it would be forwarded to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about your experience on ...(based on job description).   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nissan in October 2016.

Interview

Company came to my school to interview lots of people. First interview was pretty standard material, though it became apparent that I was not good fit for Finance Internship. Interviewer recommended me around Nissan for other internships though. Those interviews were for data analytics, so questions were combo of standard interview fare and slight technical knowledge questions.

Research and Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Nissan (Terre Haute, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

Very laidback interview, 3 human resources people and one design engineer. They asked me about my interests and why I would want to work for Nissan in the first place.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to build something out of a package of legos they brought pre-sealed. Gave me about 5 minutes and asked that I explain what i built at the end of the making process.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nissan in February 2016.

Interview

I gave my resume to a recruiter at my college's engineering career fair (September). I then received an email later that day confirming that Nissan had received my resume. In December I received another email from an HR representative from the Nissan headquarters asking that I fill out an application on Nissan's career website, and they asked if I was still interested in an internship with them, also asking what specific field I wanted to work on. February I had a phone interview with my senior manager, and received a call later that week that I was being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• He mostly asked about my previous project experience and extra curricular. It was a very informal interview compared to others I have had in the past.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nissan (Nashville, TN) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very specific and technical with several specific behavioral questions and was a great experience. The managers were knowledgeable and clearly enjoyed working for Nissan and the culture there.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary expectations   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nissan (Canton, MS) in February 2015.

Interview

It is a long process
    With multiple interviews with the same and different people. Same questions are asked in all stages. Nothing different. In my time at Nissan I went thru 9 different interviews for 9 different positions. Let me add some of those were 3 stages long spread out over weeks if not months.

There is also no feed back in the interview process. No direction, encourgement, career support.

It comes across to many to get a promotions within the company depends on who you know. Period.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself
      In 5 years?
      1 Answer

Car Salesman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nissan (Albuquerque, NM) in March 2014.

Interview

Brief to the point, questions generally situational to gauge personality. Hiring manager was friendly, welcoming and pleasant. Questions were very common sense. They did ask about any prior sales experience but it was not required to be hired. Must pass a drug test , background check & have a clean driving record.

CR Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nissan (Irving, TX).

Interview

easy job. are you breathing?

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greer, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Nissan (Greer, SC) in January 2014.

Interview

Hired but not told that there would be limited training and insufficient time if there was no prior experience in sales in order to succeed in the business.Also pushed to lease to own vs bank loan

Interview Questions

• Why a customer should buy lease to own vs conventional finance loan   1 Answer