Noble Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.5

GSOC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Noble Energy (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screen, then on to a panel interview. Thorough line of questioning. Many "what would you do" type answers. Many questions about background.

Those were the good things. The rest was bungled pretty bad. For instance, it's been 3 months since the interview, and still no feedback from anyone, including the HR recruiter who went missing in action after telling me she would know something in two weeks or less.

I was skeptical about my fit for the position, but felt that I made a good enough impact to at least receive feedback, which used to fall under normal human being to human being communication. Apparently at Noble, they don't value those sort of skills.

I'm fine with not getting the offer. I just don't appreciate wasting my time on people who can't be bothered to provide feedback, next steps, or closure within a 90 day window.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you are going to be unsatisfied with this position long-term? (expect it if over-qualified)   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview process is fair. They ask typical behavior questions. It was pretty casual overall. There is not anything else to say I'm just getting to the fifty word requirement which is ridiculous sorry glass door.

Interview Questions

• What are your future goals   1 Answer

Finance/Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Noble Energy (College Station, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Submit resume, dinner the night before, and then interview the next morning. They took time to explain the entire internship process, how their company was doing in the current market, and their personal experiences having worked for the company. They took time to answer all of our questions at dinner and the interview was very casual and fun

Interview Questions

• What is not on your resume that you want to convey to our company?   Answer Question

Finance/Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Noble Energy (College Station, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

There was a dinner the night before interviews with two recruiters and two employees who are former students of the university. Everyone was extremely easy to talk to, and they want to make sure you are comfortable before your interview. They will answer any question you have about anything. The interview is one on one, and it is fairly conversational. No technical questions, really. They said they would be back in touch in 3-4 weeks, and they stuck to it. Very friendly and professional.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Noble Energy.

Interview

Brief 20 minute interviews with different managers, discussions were very casual. A laid back oil and gas company with great people. Lots of changes within the past year. 9 hour work days from Monday-Thursday, Fridays are half days.

Land Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Interview

Very informal interview. Basically just having a conversation. Do not know how they actually decipher between candidates with the questions they ask. Have interviewed at Noble a few times and it was the same exact thing each time.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions, why do you want to be in oil and gas? What do you know about Noble? etc.   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Noble Energy (College Station, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Very casual, yet, focused...Two people interviewed me. One asked more questions than the other. While one recruiter talked to me the other took notes about my responses. I was invited to dinner that evening along with three other potential candidates. It was casual but it was obvious that the recruiting team wanted to make sure the candidate they offered the position to was a great fit for their culture.

One week later I was given an offer.

The Noble team was very genuine and very down to earth. What a great bunch of people to work with.

Interview Questions

• How do you relate your experience in an office setting to your experience out in the field?

What is your career goals?
      1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Noble Energy.

Interview

Very laid back, asked me more personal questions than technical. Asked me about community involvement and volunteer work (which they are very serious about) and how that fits into my life. Overall a very pleasurable interview process, and came off as a very focused and enjoyable company.

Interview Questions

• What has inspired you do to volunteer work in the past?   Answer Question

Division Order Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Noble Energy (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview. First with a group of 3 analysts and then with HR. The phone interview focused on the work I was doing at the time and what I was looking for. The in person interview was with 2 analysts and their supervisor. Very friendly and they spent a good deal of time focusing on my career thus far, my experience, and what I could offer. Very open to your questions

Interview Questions

• Questions focused primarily about your experience and knowledge in land administration. There is a focus on what states you have done work in and as an attorney they focused on my legal knowledge.   Answer Question

Administrative Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greeley, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Noble Energy (Greeley, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Very interactive. Lots of questions and work information shared. Good description of job qualities and what was required. I was made feel welcome and not nervous. We spoke of Noble's background and experience. We spoke of my work with WPX Energy in Parachute, CO. They explained what the person would be doing, how long of a contract it was.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for Noble?   3 Answers