Nordea Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 13, 2017

2.5

Savings & Wealth Spring Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nordea Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

Mostly a get to know you session, to understand your background and motivation for applying for the job. They were looking for someone with a finance background and technical knowledge, such as a programming language.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were to get to know the candidate and some were behavioral.
      -Why did you choose this program at your college?
      -How would you describe the way you work in a team? Are you usually the leader or a follower?
      Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Nordea Bank (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Standard process. Interview first with hiring manager, then HR manager to review test results. Questions asked not out of the ordinary. But overall process was very slow when including background checks and drug tests.

Interviewed for A Junior Trading Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordea Bank (New York, NY) in July 2009.

Interview

Meet with HR representative Rosanne Paladino, very pleasant. Was asked to fill out standard paperwork, then to join her for a one-one in the conference room. General questions about my resume, myself, education, why Nordea? Why not another bank? Then met with a friendly gentleman from the trading division. The interview went great, he even walked me to the elevator and held the door to continue conversation, however.................. As I was told a decision would be take shortly approx 1 week after the interview, Roseanne Paladino kept leading me on, telling me she would reach a conclusion shortly and that they were going through the final stages........ When I called back the third time she had quit, and there was a new person responsible for her work, the person was not aware my interview had ever taken place, and was rather unpleasant. Furthermore the individual told me they would return my call, and see what the progress was on the decision! No luck, they never called back, never gave an explanation of what happened, or any information on the position. Very unprofessional!

Interview Questions

• Why Nordea and not another scandinavian Bank?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

IS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordea Bank (Copenhagen (Denmark)) in May 2017.

Interview

Over phone get to know the background. Applied online and got called in the following week. After the second call (with some other questions) i got invited to face to face interview in Copenhagen.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to move in Denmark?   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordea Bank (Copenhagen (Denmark)) in April 2017.

Interview

Application online, after two weeks they organized a phone call which lasted half an hour. Very smooth process . At first I spoke with a young guy then I would have spoken with the business unit manager

Student Assistant Interview

Interview

First a short call with hr, then an in person interview, with a case in the beginning and then in dept questions related to the cv and experiences. Not a lot of standard fit questions.

Interview Questions

• I did not expect being asked about an hypothetical case immediately after the presentation   Answer Question

Capital & Risk Analyst to Management Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordea Bank (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied in February 2017. The process took one month. Sooner after the deadline, the hiring manager e-mailed me asking if I am interested in being interviewed, I then received an e-mail from the HR for an online ability test, SHL (easy). He later sent a case study with a small dataset related to migration analysis, in which I had to analyse and make a presentation. The case study is easy if you know the topic of credit risk and other tips are: look at their annual reports (credit risk sections) can be helpful to understand what they expect from the case study and the data given. I based myself on the annual reports to be inspired to write the case study.

Any question asked during the presentation, will be based on what you are saying, be sure to know all the things on your slides and have clear concepts in mind and the sensibility of the numbers.

For this particular role, I felt discriminated as the manager was not paying full attention to my presentation, and he left the room while I was delivering it, leaving me in the room with one analyst that works under him. A week later, I got an e-mail from the hiring manager saying I was not successful.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell us about yourself.
      2. Why this role.
      3. Is there anything you would like to add that is not on your CV?
      4. (during the presentation) Don't you think you can add more graphs showing the relationship between capital and risk or other metrics?
      Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordea Bank (Copenhagen (Denmark)).

Interview

I received an email with the date and time for the interview. The interview was held in the conference room one-to-one. Started from basic questions, then few mathematical questions. At the end several questions about my vision of my future. The interview was pretty standard.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nordea Bank (Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)) in February 2017.

Interview

the recruitment process was long. First, i completed online personality and ability assessment tests (about 2 hours). Then I was invited to an interview (1,5 hours). I got to the last phase of the process, an assessment day that took the whole working day. About three weeks after I got a phone call that they wouldn't actually be hiring anyone to the team I applied for, but rather the position would be filled in their Swedish office. So the position didn't actually exist, but they still put a great bunch of candidates trough the whole process. Can not recommend Nordea's Graduate program for anyone based on my experience. The positions you apply for might not exist, it's barely and Employer Branding activity.

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oslo (Norway)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordea Bank (Oslo (Norway)).

Interview

Case, presentation, interview. About 30 students gathered. Case: 3 ppl working together. Interview: the head of the departement you have applied to + recruiter. Presentation: prepare beforehand. Very easy questions (Was it interesting? Hos did you gather info.)

Interview Questions

• We were asked to do a personal test beforehand. This was discussed. How do you react to stress? What are your s, w?   Answer Question