Nordea Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 21, 2018

2.7

Savings & Wealth Spring Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nordea Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

Mostly a get to know you session, to understand your background and motivation for applying for the job. They were looking for someone with a finance background and technical knowledge, such as a programming language.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were to get to know the candidate and some were behavioral.
      -Why did you choose this program at your college?
      -How would you describe the way you work in a team? Are you usually the leader or a follower?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Nordea Bank (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Standard process. Interview first with hiring manager, then HR manager to review test results. Questions asked not out of the ordinary. But overall process was very slow when including background checks and drug tests.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordea Bank (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

I met with two Relationship Managers from CIB and then met with the GM and Head of HR. THe interview process was more of a relaxed atmosphere and more conversation based then a full one Q&A session.

Interviewed for A Junior Trading Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordea Bank (New York, NY) in July 2009.

Interview

Meet with HR representative Rosanne Paladino, very pleasant. Was asked to fill out standard paperwork, then to join her for a one-one in the conference room. General questions about my resume, myself, education, why Nordea? Why not another bank? Then met with a friendly gentleman from the trading division. The interview went great, he even walked me to the elevator and held the door to continue conversation, however.................. As I was told a decision would be take shortly approx 1 week after the interview, Roseanne Paladino kept leading me on, telling me she would reach a conclusion shortly and that they were going through the final stages........ When I called back the third time she had quit, and there was a new person responsible for her work, the person was not aware my interview had ever taken place, and was rather unpleasant. Furthermore the individual told me they would return my call, and see what the progress was on the decision! No luck, they never called back, never gave an explanation of what happened, or any information on the position. Very unprofessional!

Interview Questions

• Why Nordea and not another scandinavian Bank?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Nordea Bank.

Interview

Smoth without issues but without asking me if I would like to drink a glass of water after 3hours of talking... but overall in nice atmosphere and with a lot of details related to banefits and opportunities

Senior Compliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nordea Bank (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in September 2017.

Interview

Professional, informative and personal. The process is long and complicated, however they are as accomodating as they can be within the parameters. I have interviewed for several positions with them, only one where I was declined due to my nationality. However I think that is based on the individual who was interviewing and not reflective of any xenophobic or anti immigrant mentality in the bank, just one individual person.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions, some control questions. The difference is more that they are incredibly professional and open and try to be as personal as they can.   1 Answer

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nordea Bank (Copenhagen (Denmark)) in August 2017.

Interview

Contacted by headhunter. Took about two weeks before I got an interview with hiring manager. Got feedback one week later that I was through to second interview. Due to holidays, nearly three weeks later.
    The technical interview was with a colleague of hiring manager. It went good. Due to holidays another 3 weeks before I was sent HR tests. I am still waiting for HR interview.

Process handled by headhunter

Interview Questions

• What operational risks do you see within a trade and equity system?   Answer Question

PMO Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordea Bank.

Interview

Online Application
    Interview or phone call with potential manager
    Online testing of aptitude
    Interview with HR
    Drug testing
    Signing of contract (very limited nr of titles available in HR system so you may end up with a strange title)

Interview Questions

• To show / discuss exemplary behavior in a potential situation and give an example of a challenging situation in a former position   1 Answer

Senior Strategic Business Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordea Bank (Copenhagen (Denmark)) in July 2017.

Interview

negative to the max! hiring manager vanished after a successful 2nd interview. was told at the end of the 2nd interview I will be contacted by HR for the final personality test, but never got contacted. Then tried to contact the hiring manager a few times, none of which led to a reply!

Interview Questions

• 1st brief phone chat. then was given some case questions for 2nd interview, I had a few days to prepare. BTW, I believe those case questions were projects they were working on at that moment.   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordea Bank.

Interview

The process consisted of two interviews. The first one was with the hiring manager where he checked if I had the required technical skills for the job, that I had claimed to have in the cover letter and CV. I did not have to do a demonstration, though. I didn't have to do any test (personality, IQ) either.

Second interview was with the same hiring manager but also an HR representative, where she did most of the talking. Here I was presented with hypothetical scenarios where she was primarily interested in how I would interact with my future colleagues.