Norfolk Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Norfolk Public Schools Interview Questions

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Norfolk Public Schools

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Norfolk Public Schools (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

I received a phone call from the director of Human Resources. I was told that I was referred to them by an employee. They asked if I had my teaching certification. After indicating that I did have a certification, they asked if I would be interested in filling out paperwork for a position. Did not have an interview. Was essentially hired over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Do you have your teaching certificate?   1 Answer

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Norfolk Public Schools.

Interview

It was a pretty standard panel interview. However, I was surprised that they did not begin with a warm-up/intro question. Most interviewers usually ask you to share about your background or to share why you are interested in working with their organization. The overall experience was positive. I felt like they were cordial and their questions were what you would expect for an administrative position.

Interview Questions

• How would you turn around a low performing school?   Answer Question
    • I forget the exact wording, but they asked a question about dealing with an angry parent.   Answer Question

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Norfolk Public Schools (Norfolk, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process took hours at a job fair on a weekend. I was mainly sitting and waiting for an interview which only took 5 minutes. The whole process seemed very disorganized. I was told by the company that I was not qualified to teach the subject matter I applied for and then they called me a month later to tell me that I was and they offered me a one to one interview with a principal.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my former job experience.   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Norfolk Public Schools.

Interview

Quick turn around since I was hired during the middle of the school year. Emailed HR to follow up since I hadn't heard anything at first. But once initial contact was made, everything happened within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is your most recent educational reading and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Teacher Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Norfolk Public Schools.

Interview

Cant really remember but anyone can work there. Easy to get in...good benefits though. Long time ago when I did my interview, maybe things have changed since 2006

Negotiation

First real job so I took it, needed money

Academy of the Arts Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Norfolk Public Schools (Norfolk, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview was relatively easy. Just make sure that you are friendly and smile a lot. Since you'd be working with High Schoolers it's important that you show you have energy. Make sure your references are in order (because they do call).

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student was disruptive and disrespectful to you as a teacher?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Norfolk Public Schools (Norfolk, VA) in August 2011.

Interview

First went to a teacher fair. Met with division hiring head. Asked if I had experience with diversity.Five minute interview with principal and lead teacher. Not difficult since I was a last minute hire and needed.

Interview Questions

• What is your teaching style and how would you deal with defiant students. Why do you want to teach. Are you familiar with Harry Wong?   1 Answer