Northwestern University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Community Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern University (Evanston, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

There are two components of the interview process: various activities completed in group, and a traditional 30 minute interivew. Overall, it is a fun process and the staff tries to make you as comfortable as possible. When I went through my group interview/activities, we collaborated well and I think that made the experience better.

Interview Questions

• How I would engage residents on my floor if they seemed to not be interested and did not show up to events.   Answer Question

Construction Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern University (Evanston, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

1 phone interview, 2 face to face interview with total of 6 managers. it was mostly about types of projects i had worked on in the past, and how it could possibly apply to current job description or requirements

Interview Questions

• nothing difficult, pretty standard   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northwestern University (Evanston, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Simple, relevant and straightforward. It was a group interview with a panel who asked me to guide them through a couple of user support questions. They require significant commitment so beware of that as you won't enjoy if you don't devote time.

Interview Questions

• 1. guide an old person through a computer   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

After I applied online, they sat me down in a room with the manager and three of the senior students working at the support center. They ask some questions in the first part of the interview and do a practice phone call by talking out loud. After that, you do a practice call at an actual phone.

Interview Questions

• Who sets up the wireless or troubleshoots the technical issues in your house?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you'd be a good fit for this job?   Answer Question

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the director of the dept. I had applied to. She was absolutely fantastic to talk to and just went through my background, CV, and my interest in the role. After speaking with her, I was invited to have a remote interview with the development team. We walked through my experience again in depth and went through some exercises in application design (DBs, scalability, UI) and did a few debugging exercises in Ruby. Both interviews were very enjoyable and interesting and the director made sure to keep the interview process quick and concise.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a database schema for a certain project?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern University.

Interview

Had a phone call with manager first. In person, lots of short (20-min) meetings with individual faculty and staff. Very little time to dig deep with any one person.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you aren't getting an answer from someone in a timely manner?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern University (Evanston, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Comprehensive, many people. But just one day, which is good. Still, not knowing with whom I was interviewing made it difficult for me to be prepared on which subjects to speak. Professionalism and stamina are important, to be able to remain enthusiastic when repeating some of the same answers to different groups.

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern University.

Interview

Long, slow interview process. Very thorough and informative. Dedicated to process and students. Multiple interview rounds. Received a call 4 months after initial application. Asked a lot of questions about past experiences.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern University (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a very smooth process. All the questions asked are relevant to my job. I did some review before going to the interview. It does help. So going through some algorithm books before the interview.

Statistician Interview

Interview

Long, complicated and unclear. I had to wait a long time to hear back after the interview which was needlessly stressful. It seems like there is a real disconnect between HR on campus and the departments that do the hiring.