Norton Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Patient Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Norton Healthcare (Louisville, KY) in April 2014.

Interview

I did three interviews overall, and they all went pretty well. The interviewers were really nice which made the interview process more comfortable. It took them a bit time to get back to me, but eventually the offered me a position and I accepted it.

Interview Questions

• How did you confront someone when you realized they were doing something wrong?   Answer Question

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Norton Healthcare (Louisville, KY) in August 2014.

Interview

This is interesting. Since so many people apply for employment at Norton Healthcare, you had better know a manager. The manager will then "pull" your application. Otherwise, for reasons that cannot be fathomed, you will receive an automatic rejection letter. HR staff is distracted, make errors; some serious and some not so serious. The interview itself is the usual tell me about a time when...and you showcase how awesome you are about dealing with the difficult patient or family member etc. You then have an interview with the manager of the floor followed by a peer interview. The peer interview is essentially to see if you will be a good fit for the floor, for the other staff, the workload etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult patient or family member. What did you do. How did it work out.   Answer Question

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Norton Healthcare.

Interview

Submitted application online. Received an email approximately 2 weeks later requesting a phone interview with HR. Approx. 1 week after phone interview set up interview with unit manager. Received offer 3 weeks later. All pretty standard as far as questions related to nursing background and experience. Toured unit with manager and given run down of how unit operated.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Norton Healthcare (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Initial communication directly from hiring manager for clinical research coordinators. Asked very thorough questions about clinical research and my previous duties.

Occupational Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Norton Healthcare (Louisville, KY) in August 2013.

Interview

online application, face to face interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult client you had and how you addressed the issue.   Answer Question

I had another full time job offer vs PRN

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Norton Healthcare (Louisville, KY) in February 2013.

Interview

I was approached at a career fair at my high school. There was a back and forth between myself and the recruiter. I later submitted the application online (which took half an hour) and send a cover letter to the recruiter I talked to at the job fair. I had a phone screen about a week later. Three weeks after that I came in for a full interview with 4 different people.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Norton Healthcare (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had to go through three rounds: two phone interviews (one screening with HR and other with the manager) and last was skype interview with a panel of three members.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Norton Healthcare.

Interview

I applied online and the next day I received an email from a recruiter to contact her if I was interested. I had an over the phone discussion with the recruiter and an HR interview was set up for the following week. HR interview was quick and mostly a chat about what I wanted from a career, my goals, and a couple tell me a time questions. An interview was scheduled for the next day with actual department. The interviewer told me the questions she asked were based on my answers to the assessment. My recommendation would be to be honest on the assessment so the questions go hand in hand with who you are. Very laid back and interviewer made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you made a mistake. What happened? What did you do to resolve the mistake? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me 3 things that describe you professionally?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was offered fair pay.

Medical Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Norton Healthcare (Louisville, KY) in February 2017.

Interview

Emailed me for an interview after filing out several applications for over a year. I have learned from employees that work there that they are notorious for wasting people's time. They will interview far more candidates than necessary and turn down educated people with experience. Never even asked about my education, experience, my strengths; nothing that would have showcased my skills. Instead I was asked questions about arguing with co-workers. Waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about arguing with your co-workers?   1 Answer

Medical Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Norton Healthcare (Louisville, KY) in September 2018.

Interview

Short, uninformative, obvious disinterest in personal appearance of tattoos. Didn’t ask any questions, took me longer to get to the office than it didn’t for me to interview. I waited longer in the waiting room than the interview.

Interview Questions

• I wasn’t as asked any. She asked me if I had any questions. I asked all my questions and literally had to ask her twice if she’s had any for me...   Answer Question