Not Your Average Joes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Not Your Average Joes

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Not Your Average Joes

Waiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Not Your Average Joes.

Interview

Long process with IQ test. Really just looking to see if you will put the time in. After you complete the test you go in for a 1 on 1 interview with one of the managers.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ardmore, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Not Your Average Joes (Ardmore, PA).

Interview

Very casual, easy. Asked basic questions to get feel for your personality. Spoke with general manager and then with a second manager who offered the position. Said they don't hire on experience but wether or not they feel they can train your personality.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Acton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Not Your Average Joes (Acton, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

Interviewed twice, management just trying to get to know you. Extensive training about how they do things a certain way, you have to learn the menu and fill out an exam on it. It is a well run place so everyone has to share in the extra duties, cleaning, restocking, this fills up your shift a lot. The hiring process is very easy and other employees are great at helping you out and management encourages them to. You are never left to handle more than you can. Management is hands on and always available to help you out. Almost forgot: I filled out an online questionnaire. It was a kind of personality, values test. It was a little long. I must have past it, because they called me for an interview.

Interview Questions

• I had never waitressed before and they were very open to giving me a chance. Joe's way: What ever the customer asks, the answer is YES. Joe's always tried to make things easy for you, not difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, minimum wage, plus tips. Tips were not that great.

Anonymous Employee in Ardmore, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Not Your Average Joes (Ardmore, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

You go online, fill out an application, along with a personality test and then go in for an interview where two managers ask about your experience and work ethic. Not hard at all, and they allow you to elaborate on your answers without making you feel nervous

Interview Questions

• If I could hold three plates   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Not Your Average Joes (Watertown, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

The Interview Porcess was very simple, they promised a lot of moving up opportunities, but after being hired I heard of people who were told the same thing but have yet to see that happen.

Interview Questions

• What would you do about a hostile guest   1 Answer

Negotiation

Serving is for tips, you take your tips home at the end of the day

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Not Your Average Joes (Warwick, RI) in May 2014.

Interview

Very easy, applied online and got a call back from a face to face interview with two different managers and was hired on the spot. The managers were very nice and welcoming about it.

Interview Questions

• The normal questions, how would you deal with an unsatisfied customer? how well do you work under pressure, ect.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Not Your Average Joes (Woodbridge, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

Very brief and easy. Went and introduced myself to a manager and he asked questions about me and was hired pretty much on the spot. It was more like a casual conversation instead of a proper interview, we met outside of the restaurant while they were putting the finishing touches on to opening it.

Interview Questions

• Asked about your history working in a restaurant and about your skills.   Answer Question

Service Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Not Your Average Joes.

Interview

No formal interview process---very random

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NONE - take it or leave it

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Acton, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Not Your Average Joes (Acton, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

I got set up for an interview without actually speaking to anyone in the company. The chef who interviewed me was a friend of a friend and didn't even know my name before he had me come in. He kept it short and sweet asking me if I had a car, had open availability, and can I start tomorrow. That along with telling me what time to show up the next day was the entirety of my interview experience.
    P.S. he forgot to tell me until the next day he had hired me for a location a half hour north of where I interviewed...

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Not Your Average Joes (Boston, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

It was a real chance for them to get to know you. Lots of the same old, same old, basic questions. You should be able to talk about your relationship to customers and consistency in food.