Novanta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Novanta Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Novanta

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Novanta (Bedford, MA).

Interview

I had interviewed with 3 people. We talked about my work history and experiences. They showed me around. They had me do the work to see if I am capable of working with small parts. They asked me if I knew how to solder. If you know how to solder, they will give you a solder test. After all of that, I was told that the agency will contact me if they are interested in me.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novanta.

Interview

Excellent process from initial contact to a long + thorough but confidence-building phone screen. Interviewer was positive + supportive throughout. Made me feel she really cared about who she hired for the company. It made me even more interested in working there. She also kept in touch and followed through from setting up the in-person interviews to giving me feedback to her very kind and thoughtful ultimate rejection, as I ended up number 2.

Interview Questions

• Something like what is one thing that would surprise people about me.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Novanta (San Jose, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Was kept "warm" for over five months, with intermittent messages explaining that on-site interviews were imminent and then NOTHING. Each time I asked if my candidacy was strong, I got the answer that I was definitely on top of the list. There were three separate cancellations and procrastinations. Finally, I travel onsite, with about 4 hours of interviews. I then get a call by the embarrassed recruiter who informs me that they have decided to go with an HR person that came with an acquisition. Fine. Great. But what a waste of time and energy. BTW, when I let me impressions be known about my experience, the head of HR called me to tell me how busy her company is. She then said she would no longer consider me as an active candidate for the position. Really? I am not an active candidate. Highly unprofessional organization. Lots of overpaid fat cats from huge multi-layered companies trying to act nimble. They are failing miserably.

Interview Questions

• 1. "Yes, but what did you actually do?" This question came after I explained what I "really did".

2. "I don't want any secrets or information kept from me!" (During a phone screen.)   1 Answer

An Operations Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Novanta (Bedford, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

Worst interview experience of my career. After being told I was a finalist for the position, the company had difficulty in gathering the staff to conduct the final rounds. This went on for seven weeks. GSI asked that I do not accept any offers without notifying them first. This was later categorically denied by the individual that made that request. I received a call in the seventh week that they opted to to go with a another candidate through a refferal. They saw little wrong in this and stated that is how large companies operate and I should have known that. Remarkable discourtesy and insensitivity.

Interview Questions

• The intitial telephone interview was a series of 30-40 behavioral based questions.   1 Answer