Noven Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Noven Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Noven Pharmaceuticals

Senior Scientist Interview

Interview

I found the position through LinkedIn and applied directly on the company website. Apparently they weren't able to find my application even after a few follow up calls and about two months.

My first interview was over the phone with an HR partner. He was extremely rude and brass. Be ready to answer insistent questions about your detailed salary history including bonuses.

A week later I had my second interview with the hiring manager over the phone. It was a pleasant conversation focused only on the science and specific experience. It seemed they were in need of a specific skill set and he wanted to make sure I had it.

A few weeks later, I was invited to an onsite interview in Miami. It started with a 1 hour presentation I was asked to prepare, followed by 7 one on one meetings. The discussion was really positive and focused primary explaining what and how the company functions and understanding my background and fit. They were still forced by HR to ask questions from a piece of paper about some behavioral stuff. It was funny to watch! Almost everyone of them warned me about moving to Miami and how it might be a shock to most people. I appreciated their honesty, but I felt like they lost a lot of people because of this. There was a break mid day for lunch with the hiring manager and a senior director, it was mainly informal and conversational. The day was wrapped with a conversation with an HR partner. Thankfully she was different than the guy over the phone. She was very professional and welcoming.

The Miami campus is big, but they didn't offer a campus tour.

A few weeks later, the first rude HR person called me to ask for references from within my current company and previous ones. Then gave me an offer some time later. All my references complained about how rude he was to them.

I ended up rejecting the offer because of compensation and the employees warnings about Miami.

Over all my experience was great (minus the extremely rude HR partner over the phone).

Interview Questions

• are you ready for Miami? (repeatedly)   2 Answers

After visiting and hearing feedback about the city I wasn't sure about moving to Miami.

Compensation package was worse than my current job.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Noven Pharmaceuticals (Miami, FL).

Interview

It was originally a panel interview when I started.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I haggled for a better salary, and we settled for something in between.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Noven Pharmaceuticals in April 2011.

Interview

I was presented with open end questions about different situations, and ask the way I would how to handle them. Furthermore, I was asked to provide specific intances as to the way I reacted when under duress either with a difficult superior or an equal employee. I was asked of an example when I excelled in a job and how the company benefited from my input.

Interview Questions

• present an instance when you encounter a difficult co-worker or supervisor and tell us how you handled it   1 Answer
    • explain an instance where you proved valuable to an employer   1 Answer

Negotiation

Learn all you can about the expectations for the position, how well prepared you are to perform the duties and the salary ranges offered in the job market for similar if not equal positions.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Noven Pharmaceuticals in February 2010.

Interview

They seemed like good people and were really trying to find the right person. Definately focused on sales numbers.