Novinium Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Journeyman Lineman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Novinium (Kent, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

Recruiter had zero knowledge of position she interviewed me for. I told her my history of voltages ranging from 4kv to 230kv and transformer banking configuration, knowledge. Testing and ground procedures for transmission lines. Hot line techniques and proper cover up and P.P.E. said"I have no idea what any of that means" I was baffled that after asking me what amount of money I would be needing($33-34) that she countered with $31.00. Like she had any clue what the job description of a lineman was had the nerve to haggle my rate of pay. Supervisor interview was awkward and over an hour late. Asked if I minded traveling and one question about underground primary circuits(radial vs. Loop feed) following the 2-3 of complete silence. This process raised several red flags for me regarding the credibility of this business.

Interview Questions

• Describe your job duties as a lineman   1 Answer

Negotiation

Lineman: lie, cheat, don't offer any information that isn't asked. Honesty will kill your efforts.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Novinium (Kent, WA).

Interview

The interview process was great. I got a call from the recruiter and he scheduled multiple interviews with various people. I came in for that interview and met with 3 different people. Was supposed to be four, but one couldn't make it. Those meetings were a one on one. Which made me feel comfortable, because a panel setting is pretty nerve racking.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Novinium (Seattle, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied and received call from recruiter who was not very professional more curious about my personal life. The impression I got was that the person asking the questions was just going through a formality of a question bank but not really understanding the trade. They seem more desperate for bodies than skilled tradespeople. While I was there I overheard them talking about another person resigning, I made my decision at that time that this was not a good fit.

Interview Questions

• How much URD experience do I have and can I switch elbows?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novinium (Kent, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

Sent in my resume online. Received a call about a week later and had a nice interview. Asked me to come in to meet him and the manager I would be working with. Said to go to lobby and call on phone to upstairs. I just got someone's voicemail so I walked upstairs where there was a meeting in a conference room and they told me to go back downstairs. I tried calling again and same voicemail. Finally someone came down and brought me into the office. It seemed like a 1970s style office and was old and depressing (just being honest). I didn't connect to the manager. He just stared and didn't ask me many questions. I could tell he wasn't interested. I have 30 years of experience so that wasn't the problem. Maybe he wanted someone younger. I received a no-reply ding letter that Friday so that was that. I wasn't interested in working there either.

Interview Questions

• It seemed more a project position and would I communicate with the other new hires reporting to the manager. The questions were geared toward that and not so much working as his actual assistant.   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Novinium (Kent, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview with recruiter first, then invited for an in person one hour interview. Smooth process start to finish. Everyone was on time and adhere to schedule. Very nice office and great location from freeways

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your EA experience? What do you like most about your EA work? Any red flags that would turn you away from an organization?   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Novinium (Miami, FL).

Interview

The interview was via skype, with Human resources, it was a very good and professionall. I was related to all of sales process cycle and mesures your capacity to be a individual contributor.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novinium (North Houston, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

Had several phone (2-3) interviews and eventually a face to face interview. Very nice person interviewing and knowledgeable. Very straightforward and honest. He flew down to Houston, TX to meet me and several other candidates. I was in top 3 Candidates chosen for face-to face.

Interview Questions

• How will making so much money affect your lifestyle. the base salary was $120-145 K plus coomissions.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novinium (Kent, WA).

Interview

Had a Skype Interview with HR, a meeting with the engineering manager, a Skype interview with the Engineering VP, gave a presentation in front of 6 engineers, and then had another interview with 3 engineers.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Novinium (Kent, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a bit intimidating I was interviewed by 3 engineers at the same time. Then I went to another room to have an interview using Skype. It was my first interview so I did learn a lot from the experience.

Interview Questions

• The basics were asked. Tell me about yourself. What made you choose engineering. How are you in teems.   Answer Question

Lineman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ban Phone Savang (Laos)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novinium (Ban Phone Savang (Laos)).

Interview

Spoke with recruiter by phone. Set up phone interview with front line supervisor. Set up second phone interview with regional manager. Recruiter called to offer me a position. No face to face interaction.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hourly wage and location were the only real topics of discussion. They lowballed their already crummy hourly lineman wage. After haggling with the recruiter, he concede that the best he could start was $30/hr.