Nucor Building Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nucor Building Systems Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nucor Building Systems (Rolla, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

There were two people from the company interviewing me. All of the questions were behavioral/ situational style of questions. They wanted to know about any difficulties you had in the past with others and how you have worked through them

Interview Questions

• Describe an effective leader in three terms. Then you had to rank yourself (1-10) on those traits   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nucor Building Systems.

Interview

Intense. Push you to mess up, see how you react under pressure. They look for leaders with integrity, courage, and respect to develop into division managers.Ability to lead, knowledge of business, and how to make money are key.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of integrity?   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nucor Building Systems (Auburn, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

Very unprofessional, very unorganized. First they lost my resume, and then I received an email asking I attend a career fair at a university 2.5 hours away to speak to a recruiter. After several unanswered calls and 2 emails, they confirmed they accidently filed my resume with the college students. I graduated college 5 years ago, and am in the process of taking my PE. A year earlier I interview for the same position and was told they were preparing an offer, except needed me to pass the FE exam. Now that I have passed, and even continued moving further in my path to professional licensure, with 4 years structural design engineering experience and experience acting as Engineering of Record on many projects across the US and Internationally, I didn't make it past the phone interview. My guess is they miss managed my application. At this point, I would surely not be interested in a position with this company, and look forward to working against them as I accept a position with their competitor. My suggestion to future applicants. Don't waste your time. It's no wonder this position is constantly open.

Structural Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nucor Building Systems.

Interview

Through the university career fair, got an opportunity to talk to the engineers working at Nucor Building Systems. Impressed by my resume, they contacted me for an interview for the next day.
    The interview was almost an hour long and had a pop-quiz and a 90 second speed test. Along with this there were few general HR questions.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Terrell, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nucor Building Systems (Terrell, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Great work environment and great team. They flew me in from CA for an interview. From the moment you enter the site, I went through a process of meeting everybody you would potentially work with. A short skill-based test is provided to check on your basic engineering skills. Those people get to have a 'feel' for how I would fit in the company and then you would interview with different group of them. Then personal interviews with supervisors and managers so they can understand where you'd fit. A plant tour of different departments and final meeting with principal wrap it up at the end of the day. Then, it was advised that if I intended to take a position if offered that a drug test can be administered on the spot. I took it and they promised an offer within the next few days. I didn't take the offer because of family constraint but I saw myself working there.
    Great bunch of guys....

Interview Questions

• - Career goals
      - Thought process for problem solving
      - etc....   1 Answer

Developmental District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Terrell, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nucor Building Systems (Terrell, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Although it was by far the longest interview I've ever had (6 hours) and probably the most thorough (4 interviews, lunch, 2 tests, three drug screenings), I thought the entire experience was positive. By the time you're done, you certainly feel like you have connected with several members of management.

Interview Questions

• Didn't feel there were many curveballs. Try to have a good understanding of their business model.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Terrell, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nucor Building Systems (Terrell, TX) in July 2009.

Interview

Once they have screened you over the phone and have decided to meet you in person they give you the full gauntlet of test. I spent one full day meeting what felt like every employee in the office, was taken to lunch, given test, etc. The interview process is dynamic depending on the feedback of people you meet during the day, it culminates in a series of panel interviews involving different levels of employees.
    They do a good job of trying to get to know you and telling you about the Nucor family. Nucor is selective about who they hire and I felt lucky to have been sought out to interview and enjoy my job at Nucor.

Interview Questions

• I was given some math test covering skills I hadn't used since the early 90's.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation process on salary and associated moving expenses was fair and balanced, I was happy.

Estimating Interview

Anonymous Employee in Terrell, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nucor Building Systems (Terrell, TX) in July 2009.

Interview

Thelongest and most thorough interview I've ever had, I was in the office all day meeting all management members and even getting a tour of the plant. They wanted to make sure I was learning as much about them as they were about me, it was great actually.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years, everyone hates that question ;)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was easy and fair, I had an initial offer the following week and we had reasonable negotiations that both sides were happy with.