NxStage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.9

Compensation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NxStage (Lawrence, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was approached by one of their recruiters and after multiple phone conversations, I agreed to come onsite for an interview. The process was long and tedious, but about the same length as other interviews I've had in New England. I met with 3 people over the course of 4 hours. Everyone seemed excited to meet me and all voiced the opinion that I was a perfect fit for the role. They asked me to come back and meet the head of the department the following week. I came back for another round of long, tedious interviews, meeting the head of the department, and then meeting with everyone I'd already interviewed with previously plus someone who'd been out the week before. All were positive again. The head of the department told me he wanted me for the position and that he was just waiting for one of the recruiters to draw everything up. They told me I would hear from them the next day or the next week at the latest. I never heard from them again-- not even a follow-up explaining that I didn't get the job. Very misleading and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience with compensation, including executive comp and equity.   Answer Question

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at NxStage (Lawrence, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied at NxStage and was contacted by a Recruiter for a phone screen. A few days later, I was scheduled for an onsite interview. The facility was very nice, and I met with four individuals. I spent over 2 hours onsite and felt positive about the interview, especially after getting a tour. I followed up with the Recruiter, after the interview and she said she would give me an update within a week or two. After two weeks, I followed up again, but she did not respond. I tried again after a month, but she she continued to ignore my emails. I find this to be incredibly unprofessional as any update would have been appreciated. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Clearly, the HR dept shows no interest in creating a positive candidate experience. The line managers were welcoming and seemed to be a great team, but the lack of response has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

NxStage Response

Jun 2, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your constructive feedback with regards to the interview process. Although your concerns are valid that this specific process took longer than usual, unfortunately due to various team... More

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NxStage (Lawrence, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

4 person interview to transfer departments - everyone was very pleasant. I was referred from inside the company so it was an easy transition from one department to another. No much else to offer here - just trying to make the 30 word minimum.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to transfer departments?   1 Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NxStage (Lawrence, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was mostly was fairly straightforward. I met with a total of five individuals. The interviews with Quality Engineers were not difficult. Hardest interviewer was the Engineering Director.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NxStage (Lawrence, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

The on boarding process here at NxStage was informative and smooth. During the interview process I was able to meet with many of my future co workers to obtain a full understanding of what my role would be within the company and how I would be adding to the NxStage team. The HR team was wonderful in helping the process to go as quickly as possible, while ensuring that this would be the right career choice for me. Overall - I was extremely happy with the hiring/interview process and am very happy to be a part of the NxStage team!

Interview Questions

• I did not find any of the questions particularly challenging.   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NxStage (Lawrence, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received email to set up phone interview. Never heard back from the HR Rep, followed up with an email and she didn't respond. I would say this is a bit unprofessional. If you are going to go through the effort of interviewing someone, at least be professional enough to let them know that you are not interested. Let them know that you are going to go with another candidate or let them know that the base salary is too high, allow for possible negotiation.

Interview Questions

• Had interview and was asked basic questions: How would you handle conflict, tell me about your work history, what is your salary base, etc.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NxStage.

Interview

The process was a good one to weed through the candidates, since they wanted to make sure the guy is competent, the basic and most important requirement. Interviewers are mostly engineers and they appear to be competent with what they are doing, which is a good sign if you want to work for a successful company.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NxStage (Lawrence, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online through an employee referral. Then I had a brief phone interview with HR and they set up an in-person interview for me that week. I met with 4 engineers on the team and the HR contact. I stayed in one interview room the whole time and did not receive a tour of the building. The interview overall was easy and not technical at all.

Senior Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NxStage in December 2014.

Interview

got a schedule to interview with 4 people, 2 did not show up. Tried to get feedback with HR, no reply.
    Finally recruiter told me they rejected me. No respect to candidates. What's the point? I am employed and took half a day for the interview, costing me >$100 plus gas. Future candidates should avoid this company. Look at their quarterly report .They are losing money all the time

Interview Questions

• I interviewed for a software position, but talked to a mechanical engineer and EE guy. It is
      understandable I am not expert in their area.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at NxStage (Lawrence, MA).

Interview

The process was very lengthy. Interviewed with 4 different people over a months time.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember anything as difficult during the interview process other than the amount of time between interviews and the offer.   Answer Question