OCBC Securities Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OCBC Securities Interview Questions

Interviews at OCBC Securities

Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OCBC Securities (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2019.

Interview

Inteviewed at ocbc centre south for unsecured loan support role.
    Disappointing interview. Firstly, different interviewer when i arrived. Can't even get the interview room as it was booked.
    Interviewer is extremely rude & unprofessional in the way she conduct herself & it seems she has no intention of hiring.
    My advice is if interviewer is not avail at the moment pls postpone to another day & it seems the replacement has completely no idea/clue who she is doing.

Finance Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OCBC Securities in September 2014.

Interview

There was two interviews in total. I attended the first interview about 2-3 weeks after submitting the application online, followed by the second and final interview the week after. The first interview was with the manager/supervisor, as well as HR, while the second interview was with the Finance head. The supervisor/manager & Finance head were pleasant and easy to speak to; they asked questions pertaining to the job responsibilities of the role. HR, however, asked the usual questions, some behavioural-and more. At the second interview, I was told that the outcome would be made known in a week, but I got a call from HR the very same day. I was told that the head of Finance was very pleased with me, and that they would get back to me as soon as the salary approval came in. A few days became a week, a week became two, then a month. I was updated sporadically, given excuses that the HR boss was away for the week, and that it was the budgeting period. I don't understand why they didn't just tell me earlier, as they would have known in advance if the boss was going to be away for a week, or when the budgeting period was going to start. At the end of a frustrating month-long wait, I was told that we could not proceed further at this point as they didn't have the approval. While I can accept that they may have decided not to hire me, I do doubt their professionalism and integrity. They claimed that the headcount was not approved, but why would they post the job and conduct interviews before the approval came in? I am disappointed, to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Do you invest? Are you a risk-taker? How would you delegate work to a colleague who is more senior in experience, yet junior in rank?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OCBC Securities.

Interview

Submitted online and scheduled to have interview one week later.Wasting of time as the interviewer not even intersted in asking the candidate question. It seem that they have shortlisted others and did not cancel the interview.

Junior Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OCBC Securities (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2016.

Interview

Only one interview with the Vice President of Human Resource. Questions asked were generally about the current job scope, how do i value-add to the organisation. Towards the end, VP asked about expected salary but did not care to elaborate more on the salary package. The HR Team never bothered to boost their employer branding by getting back formally on the outcome of interview. No answers, silent and negative experience coming from a local bank.

Young Bankers Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at OCBC Securities (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2014.

Interview

Face to face interview that last for around one hour for the first round.
    Second round include meeting with the senior HR personnel.
    Third round include meeting the directors of the division.