OLG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OLG Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

Gaming Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at OLG (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

I got a call from HR about 6 weeks after applying online and then was invited for an in-person interview at Woodbine Casino with 2 managers. About a month later I got a 2nd in-person interview with the same panel of interviewers. Phone interview was very brief and both in-person interviews were just based on behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had done a task that you felt good about, but your manager/supervisor disapproved and what step were taken to fix it and how was your relationship going forward.
      (The questions were the typical behavioural questions that are always asked)   Answer Question
    • What are looking for in a career and where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Mar 20, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate the feedback!

Slot Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OLG (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was quite fast, it was associated with a couple of personal questions such as how did you know about the job and why do you think you are a fit, as well as some situational questions to assess how you would behave under different circumstances. The job interview was really focused on how you would handle difficult situations, whether it is regarding customers or employees.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a fit for the organization?   1 Answer

Apr 28, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Slot Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OLG (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Lengthy, in depth with various assessments and behavioural based questions. Interview process was approximately 3 hours long. Written assessments, time management based assessments, and role play scenarios for people management assessments. Approximately 12 interview questions based off of past experience. Behavioural based to determine previous examples of positive leadership behaviours in each candidate.

Interview Questions

• Working with a diverse team is often a trying experience. Explain a time when you have disagreed with a coworker and how you handled the situation to maintain a positive working relationship after the fact.   Answer Question

Feb 6, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OLG.

Interview

Phone interview then 2 face to face interviews. Lots of behavioural questions, best thing is to prepare a few stories before the interview take place. They will ask you to to give examples of your past experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. How does your skills match this job? Conflict with another employee how do you deal with it. Your strength and weakness.   Answer Question

Dealer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OLG.

Interview

Three step interview process, first step is a written math test testing your ability to deal with basic math skills and chip counting skills, second interview was a test of your card handling skills and chip handling skills and shuffling and dealing capabilities, last interview was a basic question and answer process.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Interview

Had an interview scheduled within one week after the phone interview, was interviewed by two people who promised to get to get back to me and it's been four months with no response.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elora, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OLG (Elora, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Fun and Friendly. Easy going. Felt welcomed during interview process. General conversation made about temperature. Few typical questions asked about my qualifications and experience as a server.

Interview Questions

OLG Response

Mar 6, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OLG (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Recruiter found me on Linkedin.com and asked me if I was interested in an opportunity with OLG.

Interview process consisted of one step - 3 panel phone interview.

Step 1: Phone interview with the Hiring Manager, some other seemingly important Sr. level person and a Business Analyst consultant.

Advice to OLG: Very sad interview methods. Seriously re-think your interview process.

IT Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midtown Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OLG (Midtown Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

2 Interview: 1 screening call interview and 1 face to face interview with PPMO, completely Technical interview
    interview's level was fair. I had 2 days notification before each interviews.
    environment was so relaxing. got offer just 1 h after the second interview. job start 10 day after the offer

Interview Questions

OLG Response

Mar 3, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OLG (North Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

testing and some questions, basic, very focused on customer service i was surprise this was not like how i worked as a Highway patrol man in Kansas. I was promised i have all my weekends off and i was asked i i be willing to work Wednesdays. i thought this was amazing.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had negative thoughts?   1 Answer

Feb 6, 2017 – Social Media Specialist