OLG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OLG Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2017

Slot Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OLG (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Lengthy, in depth with various assessments and behavioural based questions. Interview process was approximately 3 hours long. Written assessments, time management based assessments, and role play scenarios for people management assessments. Approximately 12 interview questions based off of past experience. Behavioural based to determine previous examples of positive leadership behaviours in each candidate.

Interview Questions

• Working with a diverse team is often a trying experience. Explain a time when you have disagreed with a coworker and how you handled the situation to maintain a positive working relationship after the fact.   Answer Question

OLG Response

Feb 6, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate the feedback!

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OLG.

Interview

Phone interview then 2 face to face interviews. Lots of behavioural questions, best thing is to prepare a few stories before the interview take place. They will ask you to to give examples of your past experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. How does your skills match this job? Conflict with another employee how do you deal with it. Your strength and weakness.   Answer Question

Dealer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OLG.

Interview

Three step interview process, first step is a written math test testing your ability to deal with basic math skills and chip counting skills, second interview was a test of your card handling skills and chip handling skills and shuffling and dealing capabilities, last interview was a basic question and answer process.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Interview

Had an interview scheduled within one week after the phone interview, was interviewed by two people who promised to get to get back to me and it's been four months with no response.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OLG (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Recruiter found me on Linkedin.com and asked me if I was interested in an opportunity with OLG.

Interview process consisted of one step - 3 panel phone interview.

Step 1: Phone interview with the Hiring Manager, some other seemingly important Sr. level person and a Business Analyst consultant.

Advice to OLG: Very sad interview methods. Seriously re-think your interview process.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OLG (North Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

testing and some questions, basic, very focused on customer service i was surprise this was not like how i worked as a Highway patrol man in Kansas. I was promised i have all my weekends off and i was asked i i be willing to work Wednesdays. i thought this was amazing.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had negative thoughts?   1 Answer

OLG Response

Feb 6, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Senior Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at OLG.

Interview

After a telephone screening there were two on-site interviews. There were several people from the Architecture department on the panel and an HR person each time. They asked questions on projects and experience. They also asked questions which related to personality and helped determine whether or not I was a good fit for the organization.

Interview Questions

• Previous projects worked on   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OLG.

Interview

Interview was broken down into sections to show competency in various aspects. It tested my general knowledge of policies and procedures. Q&A with my manager as well as worst case scenerios questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you disagreed with a decision your manager made.   Answer Question

Senior Compensation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OLG (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone interview for initial screening. Asked questions like why you applied for the jobs and some behavior questions. Your previous role. Told it is initial screening and will notified whether will proceed to next round. Not receiving any response after three weeks assuming not selected

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at OLG in October 2015.

Interview

Sit-down interview with typical behavioural questions followed by an on-the-job test; on-the-job test consisted of 1 hour sit-down scheduling test: given a bunch of shifts asked to distribute equally among a list of staff according to seniority and shift type/time preference, next part was looking at a completed schedule and recognizing/noting errors on it (i.e. too many people scheduled for a shift, people scheduled for night and then following day, etc)

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult part of scheduling do you think?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ensure that your offer letter matches your verbal offer and that you confirm your offer letter is for your position...seems obvious but apparently it's not, it'll save you lots of time and grief.